• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Via Naughty Dog on Twitter:
i had seen some people hoping for this so I thought I'd post to lower expectations.

It makes sense to me. If Sony had something big to show with this game I feel they would've had a PSX and thrown some other stuff in.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Sony saving whatever they have left this gen for 2019 showcases.

Nov 5, 2017
Man, this was expected! No way would Sony give up a cash cow like TLOU to TGA without Sony giving additional details themselves first!

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
That's obviously because they're going to show a new trailer during the Kinda Funny event!

Royer

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed but not surprised, however I'm happy they're working towards to achieve a masterpiece like the first part was. I hope this game finally comes out as look as it looks already.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Yea, I saw this a couple of mins ago, I tried to post but then Resetera went down for the 50th time today for me.

I guess they are saving it for some PlayStation show in 2019.

Also, Idk why people expects this in 2019. I was confident of this as a PS5/4 cross-gen game since the start.
I mean, Sony hasn't even announced a year. Same with their other games.

Last edited:

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I m coming to conclusion that this will launch on ps5 launch day and will be cross platform .just like BOTW.
So it will be at PSX 2019 for 2020 launch

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Sorry guys, but like I have said countless times, I could never see Sony releasing Days Gone and TLOU2 in the same year. It would be a stupid move and virtually kill any presence of Days Gone in the months after it launched. TLOU2 is a 2020 game

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wouldn't be surprised if this game is a 2020

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys, but like I have said countless times, I could never see Sony releasing Days Gone and TLOU2 in the same year. It would be a stupid move and virtually kill any presence of Days Gone in the months after it launched. TLOU2 is a 2020 game

The games are not alike aside from them having zombie-like enemies.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Do you guys really need to see more before you buy it?

I mean...I want to see avengers 4 trailer as much as the next guy but I'm already day zero in the theatre.

So at this point, as much as I want more tease..I rather see less of it and get less spoiled.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This is SO disappointing. Especially after that video they uploaded that video a few days ago you can read the comments and see this made people expect a trailer in tga, it is just misleading. Ughh. I was sure it was a 2019 title before, now i am sure its a 2020 title.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Interesting. I'm more curious if Ghost of Tsushima will be there. Just can't be Death Stranding. There's also that unannounced AAA 1st Party PS4 game that Benji has been hinting at, which isn't a remake or small scale game.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
#thegameplaywasntallrealgameplay

Disappointing none the less. 2020 end of Ps4 title then.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Whelp. Where else are they gonna show it then? Some kind of Sony direct? At this point, with the sheer lack of Sony on any stage, I'm starting to suspect a playstation meeting early next year.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The games are not alike aside from them having zombie-like enemies.

Definitely they aren´t, but from a marketing perspective they will seem too similar to the masses. Days Gone is going to do well, but if the TLOU2 hit in Q4 2019 it would eclipse holiday sales for Days Gone.

Im not saying Sony is holding back TLOU2, it probably needs the extra development time either way. But I doubt Sony would move the release date of Days Gone so much if TLOU2 was releasing in the same year

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I bet you the rumours of the ps5 being backwards compatible are true and they show this at a ps5 reveal as their flagship backwards compatible title.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
If Sony host their own event it'll be later in the year which is a LONG time away. It really isn't like Sony to just dump a trailer.

They cancelled E3 for ¨New and familiar ways¨ of showcasing their content and making announcements. No E3 next year means they do NOT have to wait for June and could give us a new trailer in the months before

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
gfu1KiF.png

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what Sony will do next year. Last of Us 2 still feels so far off, and Days Gone is February. All they have left is Ghost of Tsushima and Dreams.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you kidding me? I was already like 100% sure it was going to be there.

Come on. Now my hype is -10000 for this thing. I was hoping for some Joel reveal. I am legit disappointed.

Edit: also that reaction video they just released... I thought it was a teaser. Man I am seriously sad now.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. I highly doubt we'll see Ghost of Tsushima as well.

Looking forward to seeing what Kojima will show with Death Stranding.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I didn't think it would be there. Nor Tsushima either. And that Dreams beta shadow drop ain't happening. As long as I see Death Stranding, I'm happy.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much confirmed for 2020.

Damn it.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
They can take all the time they need. They still have so much they haven't even talked about yet.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Feel like this game won't come out before 2020. I don't mind that if that is what is needed to make the game better.

They did announce the game early though.