• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's my point. We have example of animals being infected. Why I said "see" first. But we don't really know what happened to the infected subjects, not all the monkeys were injected. The scientists obviously didn't finish their experiments. So either the monkeys we see carry the infection in some form, but it doesn't mutate or the Fireflies killed and destroyed the infected monkeys before leaving or the scientist did before killing himself.

The scientists were infecting monkeys with a human strain of the cordyceps, if they somehow manifested a new strain that would have been a rather big development that likely would have been expounded on in multiple ways.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

255px-WPVA-khamsa.svg.png

Wikipedia

Interesting, apparently this thing causes injury and misfortune to whomever it's given to

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The scientists were infecting monkeys with a human strain of the cordyceps, if they somehow manifested a new strain that would have been a rather big development that likely would have been expounded on in multiple ways.
The scientist never finished whatever they were doing, they were interrupted by needing to move and quickly did so. They were trying to find a cure, but seemingly failed or just didn't have enough time. The scientist who got bit was ordered to kill them, but got attached and released them before they were planning on leaving, which is were he got bit sadly enough.Some of the monkeys were possibly still infected though, we just don't know how many or what the infection even does to them, but safe to say they aren't effected like humans, but also likely points to them being able to infected humans.

Kyle Barrett

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Do you guys think it'll actually play like we've seen? It looked so damn smooth, I can't imagine it will.

But I love the dodge, could be like a Bloodborne like dodge, but with more realistic human mobility.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys think it'll actually play like we've seen? It looked so damn smooth, I can't imagine it will.

But I love the dodge, could be like a Bloodborne like dodge, but with more realistic human mobility.

I am really interested how dodge is going to work. It is fascinating because it seems like it is completely contextual.

She dodged like 5x in the E3 gameplay demo and everytime it was different. The animation work is ridiculous.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man... I can't wait for Tuesday! I hope we get media blow out, and maybe even reveal the different editions. (Prob too early?)

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Like I said, it's literally all about how it's presented to us in the narrative. This is Neil Druckmann without the guy who according to him, used to make suggestions so that the stories wouldn't be as dark. "Humanity is doomed" can work into the overall theme of Hate.

You see my main point then. Infected animals in games are straight up rare.
I don't think we ever got an official explanation of how cordyceps jumped to humans anyway. If it is as grounded as the rest of the game, its likely that it was a man-made-mistake that led to this, and that means animals are completely up for grabs.

Also, I don't know why some folks thinks bloaters are "stretching" things so much, when they are explained in a way that makes a lot of sense. After becoming clickers, most of them will eventually die without eating / spreading, but the ones who survive this huge change continue to grow into the massive heaps. Makes enough sense if you think about how fungi spread, and why they aren't as common as the other kinds of infected.

Days Gone is the last game to have done infected animals, and I think with the way they handled it was just "stronger" and "scarier sounding" which is fine but...

The infected in TLOU become runners, stalkers, and end up completely blind - resorting to echolocation - right? I imagine they things animals could turn into would be supremely scary. Especially if there are bloater versions of said animals.

iamthatiam

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
No, it isn't. There are less shadows and a single scene with missing volumetrics.

There's additional debris and enhanced neon effects in the final game.

A static mesh debris and applying a lit material to a object is worthless and cost literally nothing but a few draw calls.
But transparencies like volumetrics are huge. We all know literally turning volumetrics from high to medium in a game will net you 10 fps.
That's how huge it is. Removing volumetrics from an area or even reducing it a bit gives HUGE fps gains. Adding a static mesh or changing the color of a material does absolutely nothing.

This is when understanding how game engines work comes into play.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
A static mesh debris and applying a lit material to a object is worthless and cost literally nothing but a few draw calls.
But transparencies like volumetrics are huge. We all know literally turning volumetrics from high to medium in a game will net you 10 fps.
That's how huge it is. Removing volumetrics from an area or even reducing it a bit gives HUGE fps gains. Adding a static mesh or changing the color of a material does absolutely nothing.

This is when understanding how game engines work comes into play.

This is all rather basic knowledge. You don't really know the cost of volumetrics in Uncharted.

Uncharted 4 includes volumetric lighting, fog, etc.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
If we assume TLOU Part 2 to be released in May, wouldn't it be a bit early to announce the date at SOP? Just curious. Believe and hope for early February release window.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
god i hope they keep the seasonal changes from the first game🙏 i loved the way TLOU1 was structured around the entirety of a year