• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought this deserved its own thread. Absolutely incredible stuff. The attention to detail, quality of artistic re-working and overall rendering fidelity are all immensely impressive, even though it isn't always a 1:1 replication.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
SO happy walking through seattle in this game.

Really ? I've never been there but hot damn I wish the weather isn't this miserable lol.

RE Video:

Incredible attention to detail and technical prowess from ND. These guys are incredibly talented and I can't wait to see their output with 2020 era hardware.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
0*GMVNvOj-2SrtYBt2.jpg

edit: oops, sorry, this might be considered a 'spoiler location'

but you visit it a few times in the game and it sure is well done

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the lighting engine in real life is really unimpressive. Hardly any drop shadows. Wouldn't recommend.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Really cool.

Sucker Punch did a really good Seattle in Infamous Second Son too. Not as technically impressive as this, but I liked it.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Im still near the start of the game, but I had a blast riding my horse up and down Spring Street and thinking about all the damn traffic i had to sit through before i could take the exit and go home when i worked in the city.

The recreated city is phenomenal.

OP
OP
nib95

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really cool.

Sucker Punch did a really good Seattle in Infamous Second Son too. Not as technically impressive as this, but I liked it.

Seattle seems fairly popular among Sony first party titles lol. TLOU2, Infamous Second Son and Days Gone. They all still manage to keep things unique or fresh from one another though, thanks to locations, tech, art and rendering style.

Raven Prime

Oct 31, 2017
Really cool.

I was actually thinking about that today, how Sony's FP brought us to Seattle during the start of the PS4 era, and now as it's drawing to a close, we are revisiting it again. Also pretty impressive to see how much progress there has been made in the graphics department, regardless of the fact that the art styles don't completely match, it's quite clear how much the tech has advanced in those underlying years.