• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

• 95-99 (Same as Uncharted 2, The Last of Us)

Votes: 639 46.6%
  • 90-94 (Same as Uncharted 4, Uncharted 3)

Votes: 599 43.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 90 6.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • <75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just initiated the pre load from the online store, i just clicked on 'Download to your PS4' and it worked. You should also check your download list and see if you can initiate from there.
Doesn't work for me. It downloads the Ellie theme on my PS4-If I check my download list from the web browser it says "download error" next to the Part 2 Pre order

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
One more thing. I dont know if reviews touched that but everything from the E3 2018 demo is doable in game. Almost everything. That demo was staged, yeah, we know that. Actual scenes play a little bit differently in the game, but dodging attacks and even arrows or bullets is doable (incredible hard to time but satisfying as hell). Big grunts can really throw you over the counter and you can always take weapons from enemie's hands in final moves. Hovewer, you will have to beat them up a little before being able to do so. Well good luck with that if there are more enemies around. They will fuck you up. This aint assassins creed where 10 enemies just watch you killing everyone one by one.

So, the only thing I wasnt able to replicate was that smooth transitions in animations, where ellie hits the car and bounces off of it to dodge another attack. I dont think its possible to do and i think it was faked. But that was probably the only thing from every gameplay videos and stuff that might be fake. I may be wrong but I put 50 hours in that game and nothing like that ever came up. But dont worry, dodging in fist fights is glorious and Much/Shunhi will have a lot of work with these gifs.

This all sounds incredible, thank you.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Don't know why I bother posting here. I follow Skill Up as he has a similar view and taste on games as me in general... I did watch and read other reviews but his resonated with me the most.

I presented quite a balanced view on this, 1. saying that I will give the game a chance with an open mind; 2. I acknowledged that the game might not be for me and that it is a good thing that fans of the first game will be happy, particularly three of my IRL friends who are extremely excited at the moment.

Absolutely pointless trying to have a discussion here though if a one line defensive and aggressive response is all I'm going to get. anyway I'll judge for myself next week.

I follow Skill Up along with several others and I agree with his sentiments tbh. I'm still buying the game to play on PS5 but I may be disappointed. I've read the spoilers and all, but that's never bothered me. He had a lot of things to comment on other than spoiler discussion which was not allowed.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew this would be a 90+ game so I'm not sure why it can't have critical discussion or critiques.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
The bleakness and violence really affecting some of the reviewers: this could be some intense stuff.

Gamespot's review comes across as someone who is genuinely traumatized by it.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's an argument you can make about probably every sequel ever. It was not going to become like, a platformer or a party game for part 2.
the iteration isn't the part i'm worried about, it's *how* it's iterated. i should have included an additional line that precedes all of that:

It is as if its only inspiration is the original game, and the well of pop culture it was drawing from.

the idea that this is just a honed in last of us game that is increasingly more grim and violent is not that interesting to me and, out of all of the direction a last of us sequel could go, it seems the most rote

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen a 95+ review thread filled with so many "My worst fears have been confirmed posts".

I think the OT and discussion around the game on Era will be pretty tough to get through. Though I love following the hype and discussion for new releases i'll try to avoid all the talk here until I've beaten it myself. So often the discourse around a game seeps into my play through. Don't want that for this one.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, it required a lot of guts from ND to to decide to make a sequel to TLOU. It had SO much to prove, essentially since the original was a game that relied heavily on narration and specific themes. I can only imagine what the whole team's been through to pull it of but they did it and they did it spectacularly apparently.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I was incredibly worried that the game would just be nihilistic and mean; lacking the moments of levity from the first game that made it work... and it seems like from the Waypoint review that that's exactly what it is?

I'm still planning on picking it up, but I'm a little concerned.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
That Waypoint/Vice review by Rob is excellent. He describes exactly what I was worried this game would become narratively.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im in a bind. I have a BASE ps4 and a 4k tv with HDR. (low end)

should i wait and get it on ps5 or just say fuck it and deal with the slight blurryness now?
Can't wait. I'll play again when there is multiplayer on PS5.

I just hope my release PS4 can handle it. Ol girl has one game left until retirement.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post
I've never seen a 95+ review thread filled with so many "My worst fears have been confirmed posts".

I think the OT and discussion around the game on Era will be pretty tough to get through. Though I love following the hype and discussion for new releases i'll try to avoid all the talk here until I've beaten it myself. So often the discourse around a game seeps into my play through. Don't want that for this one.

Same here. This seems like something special but the salty types will be on full force to try to kill the hype. I will play it, finish it and then discuss it here lol.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Guessing it'll set at 95 considering most big games get over 100 reviews and there's still EDGE.

Not that it really matters. 95 or 96 is pretty much the same at this point.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Hi. We are Naughty Dog and we never made a bad game.

Has a good ring to it.

I'm way of the warrior would like a word with you. Some of us also think the crash games were pretty bad too.

Anyway. I should really give the first game another try. I bought it back in 2012 and put about 6-7 hours into it and stopped. I really didn't like all the stealth gameplay. I'm probably going to pick this up regardless, but I probably also know there is going to be a ps5 version coming too..and one of the video reviews the frame rate looks sporadic with lots of stutter. I wish PS4 games worked on PS5 with enhancements.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This looks likes the BOTW review thread
"it scored 97 but they said the game is too empty, therefore this game must be bad and it reviewed high because they have fear of backslash"

it almost seems that positivity is not allowed here in this site

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post

Most reviewers do not confirm their worst fears, but they select one of the few that do and go "Yep. I was right all along".

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been happier not to read reviews in my life. I'm gonna finish my playthrough of Part I this weekend and know that what's in store the following weekend is even better.

One more thing. I dont know if reviews touched that but everything from the E3 2018 demo is doable in game. Almost everything. That demo was staged, yeah, we know that. Actual scenes play a little bit differently in the game, but dodging attacks and even arrows or bullets is doable (incredible hard to time but satisfying as hell). Big grunts can really throw you over the counter and you can always take weapons from enemie's hands in final moves. Hovewer, you will have to beat them up a little before being able to do so. Well good luck with that if there are more enemies around. They will fuck you up. This aint assassins creed where 10 enemies just watch you killing everyone one by one.

So, the only thing I wasnt able to replicate was that smooth transitions in animations, where ellie hits the car and bounces off of it to dodge another attack. I dont think its possible to do and i think it was faked. But that was probably the only thing from every gameplay videos and stuff that might be fake. I may be wrong but I put 50 hours in that game and nothing like that ever came up. But dont worry, dodging in fist fights is glorious and Much/Shunhi will have a lot of work with these gifs.
Thank you for posting all this stuff.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
I'm way of the warrior would like a word with you. Some of us also think the crash games were pretty bad too.

Pfft Crash 2 > TLOU to this day, stranger. ;p

That said, Druckmann without a filter is grimdark in excess globs. Tellin' ya, the man nearly killed Elena!

The accessibility being madly robust is good stuff. Knew it going in from the pre-release media, but nice to see it officially on point!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I follow Skill Up along with several others and I agree with his sentiments tbh. I'm still buying the game to play on PS5 but I may be disappointed. I've read the spoilers and all, but that's never bothered me. He had a lot of things to comment on other than spoiler discussion which was not allowed.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew this would be a 90+ game so I'm not sure why it can't have critical discussion or critiques.

It's hard to have critiques when we haven't played the game which is why anyone pushing back on any review is being pretty foolish. On the other hand, since we all haven't played the game, it's hard to discuss whether the criticisms from this review or that review will apply to each of our playthroughs either. We have a week until we can play it, plenty of time for rampant speculation, a theme of this game since its very first trailer.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

It's mostly that trying to have a critical discussion when no one here has gone through the game is never going to work well. We don't know if the same things will even bother us(or excite us for that matter).

I agree people shouldn't just dismiss contrary reviews, but we just don't have the experience ourselves to back up or deny the criticisms, and obviously people are going to want to like the game generally.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Can the difficulty be adjusted on the fly? Also, has anyone come across non spoiler HDR videos?

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Metacritic add 3 new reviews since I sleept,3 perfect scores,there is at least 2 more perfect scores missing.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
This looks likes the BOTW review thread
"it scored 97 but they said the game is too empty, therefore this game must be bad and it reviewed high because they have fear of backslash"

it almost seems that positivity is not allowed here in this site

I think that's the nature of the Internet. It's rare for people to focus overwhelmingly on the things a game does right. It doesn't make for discussion or controversy, things this game has certainly generated with how this release has gone. If people want to focus on the negative aspects of reviews, let them, doesn't affect anyone but themselves. The world is a very negative place and more importantly, the way they've talked about this game, this game I'm sure will not be easy to play. It's okay to have concerns about that.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Congrats to Naughty Dogs, they did it again! It's gonna be a long wait until the game is out. :)

jefftlou2p2j1o.jpg
Cannata bringing the hype right now. Damn

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Brutal, explicit, hard-to-take-in violence at such a level to be controversial is interesting. I thought the original was intense and could only play it in bursts, but it wasn't really due to its depiction of violence. I'm definitely curious to see what happens.

This is how I enjoyed the first game as well. Just playing it in bursts. I do it with all ND games....I let the experience savor. I plan to continue that here.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Any reviews on the performace on base ps4? If it's solid and stable I'll buy it otherwise will wait for the ps5

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I was incredibly worried that the game would just be nihilistic and mean; lacking the moments of levity from the first game that made it work... and it seems like from the Waypoint review that that's exactly what it is?

I'm still planning on picking it up, but I'm a little concerned.
I understand who is concerned but I really love the darkest as possible take they are apparently going with this one.
TLOU universe is bleak and disgraceful so I can only see it as the second game being as sincere as possible with the themes. Maybe a tough pill to swallow but I really like the approach. Life in that universe seems unbelievably hard anyway.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Don't know why I bother posting here. I follow Skill Up as he has a similar view and taste on games as me in general... I did watch and read other reviews but his resonated with me the most.

I presented quite a balanced view on this, 1. saying that I will give the game a chance with an open mind; 2. I acknowledged that the game might not be for me and that it is a good thing that fans of the first game will be happy, particularly three of my IRL friends who are extremely excited at the moment.

Absolutely pointless trying to have a discussion here though if a one line defensive and aggressive response is all I'm going to get. anyway I'll judge for myself next week.

For what it's worth as someone who will probably love the shit out of this game, I think your post was fine so don't get too worked up on some of these responses. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and yours is as valid as mine or anyone else's. I do hope you enjoy it though :-)

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Screen Rant -The greatest game of this console generation? Of that there is absolutely no doubt. It's also, quite possibly, the greatest video game of all time.

Sheesh the last few reviews that have come in have me so hyped. If Edge gives this a 10, this thing is hitting 97.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Well, all the RDR2 reviews were glowing too, and quite a few people (me included) disliked it intensely.
I was one of them. RDR2 was the most boring and frustrating game I've played in years. However, I won't compare it to TLOU2 because at least that game will have a story.