• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions?

• 95-99 (Same as Uncharted 2, The Last of Us)

Votes: 639 46.6%
  • 90-94 (Same as Uncharted 4, Uncharted 3)

Votes: 599 43.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 90 6.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • <75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
Lets just count our blessings that it managed to match TLOU1 with 95. I'll be stoked if it manages to keep 96. But no way it goes higher.
We have Edge and GamerKults 8/10 still to be added.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Not to take away from TLOU2's achievement but it still amazes me to see P5R there too.
images

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Our reality right now is violence done by some and the violence continues due to indifference from others.

Almost everyone was actually pretty nice during the first two months of COVID-19... Until they got bored and decided it was fine to let others die.

That's the violence that actually happens.

Try to think beyond that Westen perspective to get a better context of how things might unfold. There's far more depraved violence and immorality going on around the world than just in the US or certain Western countries, notably countries without the same level of social economic security. Eg look at the massacre of the Rohingya in Myanmar, or what ISIS have been doing all over the Middle East, the massacres in Sudan. Also remember that the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, Apartheid, slavery etc were all not that long ago either.

The US is already a boiling point of mass shootings, police brutality and violence etc, and were a globally decimating zombie apocalypse to befall us, I'm confident Western nations would become violent, murdering, unruly anarchist territories where theft, murder, rape and injustice were rife. Without social mobility, security and infrastructure, humans have shown time and time again how accurate the Lord of the Flies scenario really can be.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
When can we expect EDGE? Also why is everyone expecting a lower score from them? What did they score the OG?

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Lets just count our blessings that it managed to match TLOU1 with 95. I'll be stoked if it manages to keep 96. But no way it goes higher.
We have Edge and GamerKults 8/10 still to be added.

There are many more which won't be added like IGN Poland and IGN Japan which gave it 7.5 and 7 respectively.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Skill Up has another YouTube channel with his brother that is basically a Gamergate channel.

He's also a terrible critic. Every review I've seen of his is pure hyperbole. He either gushes for 30 minutes about how a game is one the best of all time or does the complete opposite. It's tiring.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I am not interested in the game itself, but the topic of violence in videogames is one I find very interesting. I am glad games like this exist in our current day, discussions about it are going to be interesting.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing scores, but holy crap this game sounds brutal. I hope I like it. I really like Rob from Waypoint and the takes from Kotaku and Polygon are a little concerning, so maybe I'll be an outlier lol. Either way I'm really interested to play and form my own thoughts. I'm hyped, but worried if that makes sense lol.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's in Slovak language so I didnt bother.

Preorder it digitally, if you must and you know it wont be in your ps4 on friday due to logistics.

It took me 27 hours on hard and then 23 houra on survivor +. I cant wait to watch some cutscenes again and break down in tears.

You really need to play this. Naughty Dog are the fucking kings.

Awesome.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
So happy for ND.

After all the shit they've been through between old employees trying to call them out, to people pretending to know what it's like to work there, to alt-right trolls trying to take them down, to even super-left people making assumptions about the game before even playing it, the game finally comes out and is this fucking good, is just, *chef's kiss forever*.

They've been getting hammered on all sides, and now they finally get the pay off for having to stay chill all this time. Can't fucking wait to experience it myself.
This seems like a bad take considering some of the shit they've been accused of, from harassment to R* style crunch. I don't want the game to be bad because of it but companies are not your friend.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
An 95 and 93, fuck.

We are losing that 96 for sure.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Preorder it digitally, if you must and you know it wont be in your ps4 on friday due to logistics.

It took me 27 hours on hard and then 23 houra on survivor +. I cant wait to watch some cutscenes again and break down in tears.

Are there trophies/unlockables for finishing the game on its harder difficulties?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Our reality right now is violence done by some and the violence continues due to indifference from others.

Almost everyone was actually pretty nice during the first two months of COVID-19... Until they got bored and decided it was fine to let others die.

That's the violence that actually happens.
It's probably closer to look at what happens during civil wars than this pandemic for a look at human behavior in a post apocalyptic/fall of society scenario, I haven't played the game, but I doubt it can paint a darker pictures of human behavior than things we've seen as recently as, say, ISIS or even cartels.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Is there a cutscene viewer?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what did you think of TLOU1?

It's an amazing game. The ending shook me. I didn't enjoy playing it that much and had a lot of issues with it's pacing - and even though i really liked the story, a lot of indie games in the timeframe that i played it (i only played it in the PS4) moved much more and had much more interesting techniques for their storytelling. In my opinion, of course.

John Wick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Try to think beyond that Westen perspective to get a better context of how things might unfold. There's far more depraved violence and immorality going on around the world than just in the US or certain Western countries, notably countries without the same level of social economic security. Eg look at the massacre of the Rohingya in Myanmar, or what ISIS have been doing all over the Middle East, the massacres in Sudan. Also remember that the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, Apartheid, slavery etc were all not that long ago either.

The US is already a boiling point of mass shootings, police brutality and violence etc, and were a globally decimating zombie apocalypse to befall us, I'm confident Western nations would become violent, murdering, unruly anarchist territories where theft, murder, rape and injustice were rife. Without social mobility, security and infrastructure, humans have shown time and time again how accurate the Lord of the Flies scenario really can be.

You only need to look at
Because they are Edge.

They are notorious for giving low scores.
They will give this game a 10 IMHO. If not at least a 9. They like games that push the boundaries and they loved the first one

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably closer to look at what happens during civil wars than this pandemic for a look at human behavior in a post apocalyptic scenario, I haven't played the game, but I doubt it can paint a darker pictures of human behavior than things we've seen as recently as, say, ISIS or even cartels.

War is definitely a time when violence like in the Last of Us can happen (as mass rape and looting happens in a huge amount of wars), just don't think people respond to pandemics as they do to war.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to take me awhile to get through all the reviews, phew. One thing I'm realizing is that the game is going to even more emotionally draining than I thought it was, so I think I'll have to really, really take my time with playing it.

Unrelated but what did Edge give FFVIIR?

7. (I haven't gotten to read that issue yet, actually, I should get around to it.)