• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

• 95-99 (Same as Uncharted 2, The Last of Us)

Votes: 639 46.6%
  • 90-94 (Same as Uncharted 4, Uncharted 3)

Votes: 599 43.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 90 6.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • <75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lets be honest we all knew Naughty dog wouldn't fail
The haters desperately wanted them to fail though, it's kinda hilarious how dumb they always look in the end. The amount of hate this game started getting ever since the trailer with Ellie kissing Dina was just lol. These people need to lock themselves far the fuck away from everyone, they're just trash.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda disappointed that the story seems to be bloated :(

Guess they really needed Bruce Straley to rope Druckmann in lol

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Maddy Myers at Polygon was not a fan.

SHBRRqd.png

Does this person live in the US currently? Because I am not even sure if I can agree with this at all.

Oct 26, 2017
"Some of Ellie's enemies have trained attack dogs, and it's hard to avoid killing them. Even if you do manage to avoid it, though, there's eventually a cutscene with a quick-time event that forces you to kill a dog, to hear the animal's sharp, confused yelp as you smash her skull in with a metal pipe.

That wouldn't be enough suffering, however. Naughty Dog has to make sure you feel horrible, so you're later treated to a flashback in which you play fetch with that same dog, scritching her behind her velvety little ears. If Naughty Dog makes you feel bad enough, maybe next time you won't do ... the thing the game forces you to do?"

What the fuck.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Good reviews so far. I don't have time to read all the reviews (and I don't want to be spoiled), but has there been any word about:
1) the length of the SP?
2) what's the status of the multiplayer?

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the one constant, even in the good reviews, is that the player has no agency over the characters.. I still think ND would be a better movie studio but that's just me.

Edit: To clarify their stories are so much better than the gameplay that it's a chore to get through (for me), I rush through it to get to the next story beat.

ND's overall storytelling chops is A+, nobody else even comes close, the actual gameplay is closer to a B for me, it's fun and polished but very repetitive (especially Uncharted).

Last edited:

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know the reviews are still super high, but I had a feeling that the leaks might infected some opinions beforehand. Either way good job Naughty Dog.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This looks like a quote I don't agree with. But I need to play the games first haha. Recent events show that we are fucking assholes.

The flaw in this logic...most people struggle to position themselves within the bigger picture...something the research I have been involved with has continuously shown.

Also, who is this 'we'? I don't think we can generalise across people in that way. Some people are good people by certain metrics, others aren't. Their experiences are often different. The 'we' narrative creates unity across difference, but that difference shouldn't be erased.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Why are GamingBible whatever that is, allowed on MC? They reviewed this and FF7 at 70 and Persona 5 Royal at 100.

Fuck sake.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
95 was my prediction but looks like it will settle around 93ish which is totally fine. It's going to be an amazing game.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
It'll fall on meta once more scores get inserted. MC can be wonky immediately after embargoes end.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More on how the game's brutality is not necessarily as thought-provoking as they'd like it to be, from Polygon:

FpX6D8L.png

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Some of Ellie's enemies have trained attack dogs, and it's hard to avoid killing them. Even if you do manage to avoid it, though, there's eventually a cutscene with a quick-time event that forces you to kill a dog, to hear the animal's sharp, confused yelp as you smash her skull in with a metal pipe.

That wouldn't be enough suffering, however. Naughty Dog has to make sure you feel horrible, so you're later treated to a flashback in which you play fetch with that same dog, scritching her behind her velvety little ears. If Naughty Dog makes you feel bad enough, maybe next time you won't do ... the thing the game forces you to do?"

What the fuck.
Holy crap. Sounds amazing. Kind of wish this wasn't spoiled for me though