• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions?

• 95-99 (Same as Uncharted 2, The Last of Us)

Votes: 639 46.6%
  • 90-94 (Same as Uncharted 4, Uncharted 3)

Votes: 599 43.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 90 6.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 14 1.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • <75

Votes: 24 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Metro Gamecentral have it a 9/10. Said that gameplay was nothing really special or substantially improved over the first game.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Here's our review/Critical Analysis of it on Play Diaries.

"The Last of Us: Part 2 is an incredible mix of an utterly compelling story that asks how far you are willing to go in the pursuit of justice and revenge that five days after finishing it as of publication, it still has me thinking of the massive epiphany it gave me towards the end of the game as well as Naughty Dog's best implementation of gameplay and AI design ever that makes playing incredibly brutal, tense and scary, but utterly brilliant."

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
OPENCRITIC: 95% (51 reviews listed)

opencritic.com

The Last of Us Part II Reviews

Simply put, The Last of Us Part II is yet another masterpiece from Naughty Dog that should not be missed. It's a brutal, poignant, beautiful, cohesive, and thrilling experience.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
the game is not getting 10's everywhere...relax...sounds like a great game but I've seen some 8's (which is still a great game)...it's interesting that no one takes IGN seriously for any other game but when it gives a 10/10 to LoU2 everyone immediately points to that review...stop it

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
www.jeuxvideo.com

Test du jeu The Last of Us Part II sur PS4

Sept ans, c'est le temps qu'il nous aura fallu attendre pour enfin découvrir de quoi a été fait la vie de Joël et Ellie après les atrocités qu'ils ont vécu et enduré. Sept ans à imaginer comment Naughty Dog allait pouvoir concrétiser (ou non) les fantasmes de millions de joueurs restés pantois...

Jeuxvideo.com 19/20

Gamekult 8/10

Jan 10, 2018
Seems like the Gamespot review highlights some of the complaints I had about the first game. That all the really character developing stuff is out of the players control and that cutscenes forces these rather shocking actions on the player. It's how Naughty Dog always handles their game design and I'm glad there are more people seeing an issue with it. Violence will ALWAYS be more impactful if there is an actual choice to avoid it at all times. Trying to sneak pastand spare everyone in gameplay sequences feels pointless if the characters are gonna act out anyway in-between those sequences.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
the game is not getting 10's everywhere...relax...sounds like a great game but I've seen some 8's (which is still a great game)
Relax the first 6 reviews that came in were 10s lmao, you're responding to posts from pages ago and there's been one 8 lol

PS Dog

Mar 24, 2018
HdWmHgV.jpg

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ars Technica's unscored review:

arstechnica.com

The Last of Us Part 2 review: A less confident, less focused sequel

For all its good points, Part 2 never seems sure what it wants to be.

Trying to extend the story of The Last of Us in a meaningful way was always going to be an uphill battle. What's so frustrating about Part 2 is that the game seems to have all the pieces necessary to do just that. But those pieces end up getting lost as the game also tries to tell an entirely new story, one that tries to expand the Last of Us world into a generalized setting for an anthology of loosely connected stories. The end result never comes together in a satisfying way.

That doesn't take away from the many enjoyable, memorable, and even emotional moments as Part 2's barrels from promising start to messy conclusion. But it also serves as a marked comedown from the quiet, directed, self-contained confidence of the first game.

I added my own somewhat more positive take to the end, including this:

Kyle briefly mentioned this game's non-verbal tics, but I really want to stress how mind-bogglingly good these are. The uncanny valley still becomes an issue with occasional facial rendering moments, but these are very rare, thanks in part to convincingly glossy eyes and other PS4-stressing tech. What's more, the way Part 2's hands are rendered is best-in-class. You'll see them in tight zooms, covered in scuff marks and clear veins, as characters grapple with finding the right thing to say. You'll see them do the non-verbal work of expressing love, fear, or both. For a cinephile comparison: The Wachowskis' early film Bound is still among my favorites for how its cameras linger on hands, in part to tell a story of two women falling in love, and I get the feeling someone at Naughty Dog wanted to carry that concept forward with high-tech hand rendering. They nailed it.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing unexpected from these reviews. It's gonna be an amazing ride. One more week? I'll take that. Nooo, wtf, next Friday is bank holiday for me. How will that even work? Can I get the game a day early? 🤔

dippa

Oct 29, 2017
Kotaku Australia's review:

For Ellie, the result is that her second outing will not be remembered as fondly as her first. It is still an adventure worth taking, and a technical marvel for hardware conceived and first prototyped over a decade ago. The combat has received a thorough upgrade, the environments spectacular, and there are some truly wonderful, touching scenes peppered throughout.

But there is a power to brevity, a power The Last of Us 2 forgoes once too often. Some journeys are best cut short.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
sony ending the generation on a high note again, hoping GoT completes the combo. activating spoiler protection, til friday peeps

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Whew. Had to rush here to see what the reviews were looking like after I opened up YouTube and saw skillup posted a video review titled "I did not like this at all."

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the Gamespot review highlights some of the complaints I had about the first game. That all the really character developing stuff is out of the players control and that cutscenes forces these rather shocking actions on the player. It's how Naughty Dog always handles their game design and I'm glad there are more people seeing an issue with it. Violence will ALWAYS be more impactful if there is an actual choice to avoid it at all times.
Same can be said for Inside, SOMA, Shadow of the Colossus, Arkham City, and myriad other story-heavy games. The notion that player agency is always better for storytelling is an inherently flawed one