• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
TLOU, Bioshock Infinite, GTAV and Beyond. They were all amazing games for me and all before the new consoles arrived.

Hmmm I see, I thought Bioshock was disappointingly ok and Beyond... just terrible haha. There were lots of transitional spinoffs like GOW Ascension and Gears Judgment too, but it was not a memorable year for me.

2010 had Super Mario Galaxy 2 (best game ever conceived), God of War 3 and Ghost of Sparta, MGS Peace Walker, KH Birth By Sleep, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Halo Reach, Donkey Kong Returns, Starcraft 2, COD Black Ops an AC Brotherhood, and the western releases of Layton 3, Bayonetta and Demon's Souls. Some games I didn't like but were huge back then like Alan Wake or Mas Effect 2.
(+indies starting to get more light like Super Meat Boy)

All the platforms were shining back then. Nowadays, this is the « year of Switch » for 3 big games or « the Sony Year » for a few great exclusives. The AAA industry is really slowing down as indies get more traction. Hopefully next gen starts strong.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I hope so. I still have a base PS4, so want to wait with Cyberpunk until the inevitable crossgen release on PS5. Flooding that timeslot with games like TLoU2, FFVIIR, AC will make it easier to ignore that game for a year.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
She says I think it's coming out february, which is probably where they're aiming and wishing for internally and haven't anounced yet because of uncertainty.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
1. The Last of Us Part 2 (February 2020?)
2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps (February 11th, 2020)
3. Gods and Monsters (February 25th, 2020)
4. Final Fantasy VII Remake (March 3rd, 2020)
5. Watch Dogs: Legion (March 6th, 2020)
6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20th, 2020)
7. Vampire: The Masquerades - Bloodlines 2 (March 2020)
8. Cyberpunk 2077 (April 16th, 2020)
Add Dying Light 2 to that list, and I intend on buying 8 out of those 9 games (and maybe Gods and Monsters as well, I just need to see more). Good grief. Embarrassment of riches!

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
February sounds fine, so far there are no competitors around.

The closest one is FF7R in early March.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
yes, she had a great scene in the beginning with Cap that got cut. But you still see her in the climax of the movie and she has a line at the end.

I never realized she had a scene that got cut. That would certainly make her appearance later feel a bit more understandable in context.

Fake Edit: Just watched the scenes. Yea, w/those spots the later scene makes a LOT more sense, haha.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
It is the best month to launch indeed,if they can't delivery in February the other best is May/June.

Oct 27, 2017
3019 is stacked but 2020 is crazy too

If it's February that means, for my wallet

2/2020: TLOU2
3/2020: FF7R, WD Legion, AC:N
4/2020: CP2077

Have mercy on my soul!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Shiiit, she almost let it slip (pretty much did) but the interviewer wouldn't shut up.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Death Stranding in November, Tlou 2 in February, Final Fantasy in March and Cyberpunk in April. Christmas won't end!

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, having watched the people involved in Critical Role for years and knowing their jokey, teasing manners, these two--who are engaged and know each other super well--are doing a double act joke here of "Oh, sure, the release date is fff.."/"Let me interrupt you there..." and selling it nice and subtle.

The real story here is the Era Admin dropping the internal date, lol.

Oct 31, 2017
Hmmm I see, I thought Bioshock was disappointingly ok and Beyond... just terrible haha. There were lots of transitional spinoffs like GOW Ascension and Gears Judgment too, but it was not a memorable year for me.

2010 had Super Mario Galaxy 2 (best game ever conceived), God of War 3 and Ghost of Sparta, MGS Peace Walker, KH Birth By Sleep, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, Halo Reach, Donkey Kong Returns, Starcraft 2, COD Black Ops an AC Brotherhood, and the western releases of Layton 3, Bayonetta and Demon's Souls. Some games I didn't like but were huge back then like Alan Wake or Mas Effect 2.
(+indies starting to get more light like Super Meat Boy)

All the platforms were shining back then. Nowadays, this is the « year of Switch » for 3 big games or « the Sony Year » for a few great exclusives. The AAA industry is really slowing down as indies get more traction. Hopefully next gen starts strong.

2013 is significant before it was the last year of the old consoles, which is why he's making the comparison. I thought it was pretty damn good, because besides really loving The Last of Us and really digging Bioshock: Infinite, I remember Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Resogun, Guacamelee, Assassin's Creed IV, Tearaway, Super Mario 3D World, Pokemon, Tomb Raider and DmC. I played most of them and it was pretty good! A huge transition into another generation.

I'd honestly disagree with the take on this gen, haha, but that's probably for another thread.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Good lord at that early 2020 release schedule......I hope there's stuff left for the release of the new consoles.
I think its great Xbox are having Halo Infinite at the launch of nextbox,I hope Sony throw us PS5 buyers a nice first party game at launch too.(Not Knack 3).

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
TLOU PT 2
Cyberpunk 2077
FF VII Remake

In the first half of the year?

I have the perfect pic :

hqdefault.jpg

Perfect pic. And Mass Effect 2 would be Pelé.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
My prediction was, and still has been March for the longest time. If it's ready in February, even better! I get the feeling they'll want an additional three wks or something however, pushing it to March.

As people have mentioned and this past E3 has confirmed, Spring 2020 is absolutely nuts! Never played a FF, but its looking great and I'm really considering jumping in. Cyberpunk, assuming its not pushed the following month, and now this in the mix?

Legion. Animal Crossing. Much more I can't remember right now. Wowee

Wolfram

Nov 6, 2018
If The Last of Us Part 2 comes out towards the end of February, the number of titles lining up from February 2020 through April 2020 is ridiculous.

Minecraft Dungeons, Trials of Mana Remake, and Rainbow Six Quarantine will all be out early 2020 too.

Elden Ring very probably comes out in March too.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
If The Last of Us Part 2 comes out towards the end of February, the number of titles lining up from February 2020 through April 2020 is ridiculous.

Minecraft Dungeons, Trials of Mana Remake, and Rainbow Six Quarantine will all be out early 2020 too.
Elden Ring probably too March/April if we go by other FROM releases.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need them to reveal multiplayer/factions now - don't care about anymore story trailers

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
So PS4 has an exclusive in October, November, then February then March and probably ghosts in the first half of 2020 too?