• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Revolutionary? In what way? The story was terrible and i'm glad i youtubed it after spending...sorry no wait.."wasting" 12 hours of my life playing this garbage.

Death Stranding was one of the most expensive nauseating dull boring pretentious games i've ever played. One of the worst AAA games in living memory. The only thing that game did well was the online aspect but that was so dragged down by the structure of the game that it didn't matter.

So glad that game flopped and Sony have said No to a Sequel. Kojima Studios will hopefully will make a good game now. Never give this guy a budget ever again.

Are you ok...Game didn't flop...

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I haven't shat on TLOU2 at all. I'm just saying with the media bias we shouldn't be trusting anything people say anymore Hey if you want to ignore me fine

Death Stranding to me has completely changed my views on the Media. Especially the European Outlets.
Death Stranding was actually one of the better games of 2019 for me and it had lots of flaws, but I don't know where did you see these "media bias" towards DS. It was not even in the scale of Horizon previews.

I guess you just want to shit on DS, cuz you don't make any sense!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I can't take people like this seriously.

These are the same people that said Death Stranding will change gaming.

These types of criticisms are so toothless because you have no evidence of this actually being true (tweets about DS by the same people). Not to mention it seemingly never enters into your head that people like games that you don't like.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean i shouldn't have said i'm waiting for anything. To me the reviews are more of a judgement of the gameplay. Thats what i'm waiting for. To see how the gameplays. I'm sure they are bursting. This game has more talking points than the current political debates.

Instead of DS i'll use Uncharted 4 as an example. Story stuff....brilliant. Gameplay..meh.

Not to be condescending, but you not being good at something doesn't automatically mean the gameplay is bad. In the other thread you mentioned you had to put UC4 on Easy to be able to beat it, but that's on you, not the game nor its gameplay or mechanics. I happen to find UC4 the most fun on Hard, though I appreciate for others it's different.

Oct 25, 2017
Before Death Stranding, it was Order 1886 that pushed the vanguard of nonsense "don't trust media" posts.

These posts are plentiful and always an outlet for some weird grudge that they must continuously relitigate as if anyone else actually gives a shit.

I say we move on from giving it too much attention.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
tried to find the death stranding preview/review thread and stumbled upon people shitposting hours before embargo lifted because they knew that part of the game's hype was carried by Kojima's name.

It's not the same.

Yuri_Lowell

Banned
Apr 30, 2020
It is very weird that you say that this was the worst generation of PlayStation exclusives, when the vast majority agree that it was one of the best, if not the best. You might not like games, because of course we are talking about something subjective, but throwing shit, especially when you also said you are not going to buy it, raises some doubts for me why you are publishing these things.

I never said the worst. PS3 is easily the worst. They had fucking LAIR and Haze for fuck sake. To me the most dissapointing. But then again God of War is probably my Top 3 games of the Gen. So it sort of evens out. I just didn't care for most of the other stuff they made.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
And I felt disappointed by most of them Except God of War and Bloodborne. Especially Death Stranding and Uncharted 4.

Thats fine. But it doesn't take away from how successful Sony's first party output has been. TLoU2 is on track to be no different. Haven't seen hype like this for a game in a long long time. If you're not planning on getting it, none of this hype matters anyways lol

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Read 2 post and already ignored, era is wild.

The previews are so damn hyping, i am trying to stay out of every thread/comments, but damn, 2 weeks left

Yuri_Lowell

Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Before Death Stranding, it was Order 1886 that pushed the vanguard of nonsense "don't trust media" posts.

These posts are plentiful and always an outlet for some weird grudge that they must continuously relitigate as if anyone else actually gives a shit.

I say we move on from giving it too much attention.

I mean that was true for the 3 people that cared about Order 1886 i guess. DS had way more hype and was way more divisive.

Sep 21, 2019
I'll wait for reviews. Don't trust Previews after Death Stranding. That game had "great previews" and got mixed reviews. Then I played it and it was one of the most boring game i've played. TLOU2 obviously won't be like that but I'm gonna wait before doing any overhyping.

Sony have sort of disappointed me this gen with their exclusives. God of War being the only game I actually loved.

I recall the preview thread of Death Stranding being similar to its reviews: very polarizing. I remember people saying the game was boring and others saying it was great.

That's not the case here. There isn't a single mixed or negative preview. Not one.

Yuri_Lowell

Banned
Apr 30, 2020
This is one of those times where its ok to go,"I'm in the minority opinion on this and that's cool". I don't much care for Breath of the Wild but I'm not gonna act like my opinion is superior to tens of millions of people who love that game and consider it the best of the gen.

At no point did i say my opinion is superior.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean that was true for the 3 people that cared about Order 1886 i guess. DS had way more hype and was way more divisive.

DS was not way more divisive than The Order 1886 lol.

One has a meta of 63, the other has a meta of 83 and won more GotY awards (inc user) than any other that year. It's fine that you didn't enjoy Death Stranding (quite a few didn't), but let's not jump off the deep end here.

You're also yet to provide any receipts or sources to your original claim.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At no point did i say my opinion is superior.

Just saying you keep bringing up your disappoint over the Sony releases and its a minority opinion considering their scores, their reception by general audiences and even their sales numbers. Sony has been knocking it out of the park for most people and its fine to not be lockstep with that agreement.

Yuri_Lowell

Banned
Apr 30, 2020
I recall the preview thread of Death Stranding being similar to its reviews: very polarizing. I remember people saying the game was boring and others saying it was great.

That's not the case here. There isn't a single mixed or negative preview. Not one.

Maybe the Kojima nuthuggers were overly vocal and I'm misremebering the hype around that game

and no you're right. Which to me says nothing.But also TLOU2 is like what? in the hands of 1/5th of the people DS was. DS was given to just about anyone. If tLOU2 was given to the same amount of people we'd hear more things.

Yuri_Lowell

Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Just saying you keep bringing up your disappoint over the Sony releases and its a minority opinion considering their scores, their reception by general audiences and even their sales numbers. Sony has been knocking it out of the park for most people and its fine to not be lockstep with that agreement.

I'm not always bringing it up. I'm just quoting people who respond to me. I don't care about their sales numbers or review scores

Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of highest rated games of all time. Story, characters, graphics, sound...brilliant. The Act of playing it? Fuck that game.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Kojima nuthuggers were overly vocal and I'm misremebering the hype around that game

and no you're right. Which to me says nothing.But also TLOU2 is like what? in the hands of 1/5th of the people DS was. DS was given to just about anyone. If tLOU2 was given to the same amount of people we'd hear more things.

Where are you even getting these numbers from? You seem to just cherry pick certain things or make them up wholesale and you've already been shown to be incorrect about your impressions over the "previews" for DS. This just sounds like you've taken one too many bitter pills.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Where are you even getting these numbers from? You seem to just cherry pick certain things or make them up wholesale and you've already been shown to be incorrect about your impressions over the "previews" for DS. This just sounds like you've taken one too many bitter pills.
Don't let him derail the real conversations in this thread

Sep 21, 2019

Ummmm, big and medium outlets got TLOU2 over a week ago. Smaller outlets got it several days ago.

When the embargo lifts Friday the game will have just as many if not more reviews than DS.

And I'd bet anything we are going see a fuck ton of 10s.

Write that down. I said a fuck ton of perfect scores and a 95+ score on Opencritic and Metacritic.

See you then:-)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

I honestly never got that impression. We have gotten near universal praise pouring out of every outlet preview. Meanwhile just about every comment that came out of DS reviewers pre embargo went mostly "ohh boy, this one is going to be divisive".

Also on the whole "More chatter = More people have the game", are you kidding me? There are people marching in the streets, around the globe, for their lifes in the middle of a world wide pandemic that has been going on for months. Entire marketing campaigns, like both next gen consoles', that have been shifted and thrown out the window because certain conversations are being had worldwide at the moment.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Read 2 post and already ignored, era is wild.

The previews are so damn hyping, i am trying to stay out of every thread/comments, but damn, 2 weeks left
I feel you. Just think of it as one week to the next goal. One week to the embargo. Then one week until the release.

Also, Did yall get off on the 19th? I got it off so I can start off at 10pm here on on the west time zone.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
...The fuck happened to this thread? Everything was so smooth. Why bringing DS or the Order to a TLoUS 2 preview? And by no means the previews of DS were as positive. They always were mixed.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Revolutionary? In what way? The story was terrible and i'm glad i youtubed it after spending...sorry no wait.."wasting" 12 hours of my life playing this garbage.

Death Stranding was one of the most expensive nauseating dull boring pretentious games i've ever played. One of the worst AAA games in living memory. The only thing that game did well was the online aspect but that was so dragged down by the structure of the game that it didn't matter.

So glad that game flopped and Sony have said No to a Sequel. Kojima Studios will hopefully will make a good game now. Never give this guy a budget ever again.

Hey, you hate Death Stranding, we get it.

After all, DS has the most GOTYs of 2019 and the most perfect scores for a single platform last year and only the second most perfect scores in 2019 overall.... yet it still isn't for everyone. Fair enough.

But this thread is about TLoU Part II "previews" which DS never got like you claim.
So, I fail to see the comparison here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I'm sorry but in no way the previews for Death Stranding were close to the level of optimism of what TLOU2 are.

Reviewers are trying their best to contain their excitement on Twitter over TLOU2, they were posting pictures of themselves starting the game, they were tweeting about finishing it. Tweeting about starting and finishing a second time.
It's not just universal praise, it surpasses praise. It's something I haven't seen in years. Maybe since RDR2 was released...maybe not even that one had this excitement before reviews were out (speaking about reviewers only).

Death Stranding always had divisive previews and reviews.

What the hell am I reading here?

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I'm sorry but in no way the previews for Death Stranding were close to the level of optimism of what TLOU2 are.

Reviewers are trying their best to contain their excitement on Twitter over TLOU2, they were posting pictures of themselves starting the game, they were tweeting about finishing it. Tweeting about starting and finishing a second time.
It's not just universal praise, it surpasses praise. It's something I haven't seen in years. Maybe since RDR2 was released...maybe not even that one had this excitement before reviews were out (speaking about reviewers only).

Yeah the hype before reviews release reminds me of God of War more than anything

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I now declare this a Death Stranding thread, please take your The Last of Us Part 2 discussion somewhere else.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Death Stranding has now derailed lovely Silent Hill and The Last of Us threads. Goddamit get yall own stan threads XD

button16

May 9, 2020
EZ8U1kvU0AIQ0NH

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding is a fucking masterpiece and European media got it right as always.

That's all.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I don't know if I'll ever play DS, but I can guarantee that TLoU II will go beyond delivering.

Mods can ban my account for 3 months if this doesn't end up GOTY on ERA and by the majority of the gaming press for 2020.

AllChan7

Apr 30, 2019
Lol I don't know if I'll ever play DS, but I can guarantee that TLoU II will go beyond delivering.

Mods can ban my account for 3 months if this doesn't end up GOTY on ERA and by the majority of the gaming press for 2020.

Oof. Idk fam. Cyberpunk might just take it but God I'd love for TLoU2 to be the majority GoTY just to spite the haters

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
I need more reviewer hype and anticipation Tweets.

Amen to that. We need more impressions.

Just pure and unadulterated garbage from someone with a chip on their shoulder. A soundbite from one of the GiantBomb podcast generated dozens and dozens of pages of discussion long before the review thread. There were many cryptic tweets by big name outlets who suggested masses won't be pleased with the review scores. You had posters waiting in glee for the review thread to go up, and it was by far the most toxic review thread I've ever ventured through, even if briefly. The game was put to the grinder by the Western media, right before the embargo. It sounds a whole lot of revisionism at this point that it had good hype from reviewers. Also, I can't take anyone seriously who act pompous and condescending while structuring their arguments about a game after watching it on YouTube lol

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Lol what's going on here.
Death Stranding is a masterpiece and appearentely TloU2 is going to be all what people hoped for.
Sony has been incredible this gen.