• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
All that accessibility, and still nothing about gyro aiming. Or maybe I just didn't see it.

Except that, the game seems great.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
From Metro:

The Last Of Us Part 2 is going to be a complex game to dissect but in terms of the visuals and the quality of storytelling (specifically the writing and voice-acting) it's exactly as good as you'd expect.

It's easily the best-looking game of the current generation, even more so than Uncharted 4, with the best foliage and facial animation we've ever seen. Playing on a PS4 Pro there's been only a few brief seconds of slowdown, with performance otherwise exceptionally good for such a complex game.

metro.co.uk

The Last Of Us Part 2 hands-on preview - love and hate in Seattle

GameCentral offers a spoiler free look at two hours of The Last Of Us Part 2 gameplay and the most technically advanced game on the PS4.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sure I guess. But not using something and not having the ability to use it are two different experiences.
What's the difference? Self discipline?
With the inclusion of dogs and maybe other enemies we have yet to see, it seems the game is more build around listen mode, we'll have to play the game to see whether if it's a good or bad thing.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Preview before a review?... like why?
giphy.gif

ara

Oct 26, 2017
They're incredible. So many choices

What's there? Anything gameplay-related, aim lock-on (that doesn't fuck you over by locking on to the enemies' crotches) or something similar? I thought aiming felt awful in the first game, and in general I completely suck at shooters with a controller nowadays, so something to alleviate that would be cool.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
These impressions are making me question whether I should wait to play it on PS5.....

Will Sony be doing a bargain bundle with this game?

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
Greg reiterating what he said after the last preview event. "I don't understand how anything else can be game of the year."

Good to hear :)

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
From Metro:
metro.co.uk

The Last Of Us Part 2 hands-on preview - love and hate in Seattle

GameCentral offers a spoiler free look at two hours of The Last Of Us Part 2 gameplay and the most technically advanced game on the PS4.

The visuals in The Last Of Us Part 2 are so good you'd at first think it puts a dampener on the PlayStation 5, but if the new console is going to be able to create visuals even more impressive than this – and the Unreal Engine 5 demo already suggests it can – then that's actually very exciting.

Boy.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I played through the first game 5 times in a month because I was addicted to the combat and how interactive the AI was. Every preview is saying how the combat and AI are much improved? This game is going to be special.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
looks dark and bleak looking which makes sense for the world and atmosphere they are targeting but game looks unappealing on the level demo'd to me ie unappealing to explore

also lacking in the zombie things which was a criticism I had of the first game. just a single level though.

expected to be impressed but let down I think. Gameplay wise though I like the improvement to combat with the slow time system

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
My first play through of the original was on hard without listen mode. Looks like I'll start on hard on Part 2 as well.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm tempted to read the previews, I really need to maintain radio silence and wait for our review copy to come in so I can go in blind.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Seems like it's a really controlled/short demo for everyone barely touching to the story?
Will wait for the reviews, expected more than that.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
From Stevivor:

To say that The Last of Us Part 2 is immersive is an understatement; I went in focused on linear progression and on-screen prompts about hints but that quickly melted away as I sat gripping a DualShock with my pulse racing, happy to have scraped by in a fight with the infected. In mere minutes, I stopped thinking about Ellie as a character in a game and started thinking about me — her — and my survival. Naughty Dog is great at character and equally as good as a compelling narrative, and what I've experienced is no exception.

stevivor.com

The Last of Us Part 2 Preview: The dreary streets of Seattle

With the release of The Last of Us Part 2 fast approaching, Sony has provided us with access to a short preview build ahead of our review. It opens on Ellie i

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What's there? Anything gameplay-related, aim lock-on (that doesn't fuck you over by locking on to the enemies' crotches) or something similar? I thought aiming felt awful in the first game, and in general I completely suck at shooters with a controller nowadays, so something to alleviate that would be cool.

I'll try and get something in the review. Pretty restricted outside of that right now.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I see that they're recommending hard mode, but Survivor for the first game was so intense due to not having Listen Mode. I might start with that if I can.

Dec 6, 2017
US
www.gamereactor.eu

The Last of Us: Part II - Final Impressions

Eirik shares his likes and dislikes after taking one last look at Naughty Dog's upcoming post-apocalyptic adventure.

It's funny to see your AI partners still do that slapstick routine of running straight into enemies that don't react while you're trying not to alert them. The AI partners' incessant stupidity is one of my biggest gripes playing through the the first one for the first time right now and it's a shame this is apparently still a thing. Hopefully less frequent but I'm honestly surprised to see that mentioned.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Hard for me, I want a challenge but I want to go through the story as well, seems like he perfect balance.

I wonder what the difficulty would be for a stealth only approach to the game, if that is even possible?

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I may add here my preview in Portuguese.
echoboomer.pt

The Last of Us Part II - Antevisão

Já conhecem os vídeos, mas como é jogar The Last of Us Part II?

It's a soft preview focused on my experience with gameplay mechanics presented in the latest State of Play, since I was afraid of touch on anything else that may count as a spoiler. xD

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm not sure what difficulty I will play on, the thing is I don't want it to be too hard so I keep dying and having to keep watching the same death over and over again, kinda takes the emotional out of it.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
The audio design (GodisaGeek) is unsurprisingly, incredible:

It's helped in large part because the sound design is out of this world. The accompanying music is sensational, and if this brief section is anything to go by it's possible Gustavo Santaolalla has bettered his work from the first game. But the audio design is beefy and hard. The thump of bat on bone is enough to make you wince, and the sound of gunfire pierces the desolation of the old world. Just from this small snippet of game, the audio is tantalising, offering glimpses of what might be coming.

www.godisageek.com

So far, The Last of Us Part II's combat is deeper, with vastly improved AI | Preview

While this two hour section of The Last of Us Part II isn’t going to change haters' opinions, the combat is definitely a major step forward.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what difficulty I will play on, the thing is I don't want it to be too hard so I keep dying and having to keep watching the same death over and over again, kinda takes the emotional out of it.
that's what i'm thinking rn. hopefully you can change it on an already started save.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
www.trustedreviews.com

The Last of Us Part 2 Review

The Last of Us Part 2 is a masterful swansong for the PlayStation 4, and arguably the finest, most accomplished project Naughty Dog has ever embarked on.
From Stevivor:

stevivor.com

The Last of Us Part 2 Preview: The dreary streets of Seattle

With the release of The Last of Us Part 2 fast approaching, Sony has provided us with access to a short preview build ahead of our review. It opens on Ellie i

Hype levels rising.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Be careful if you watch the Kinda Funny preview. Greg mentions a new infected that they haven't shown (or at least I do not recall). Quite early in the preview as well.