• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 29, 2018
Guess there's no need in continuing this conversation then
Second time you've apparently only read a small part of my post and selectively responded to it. How do you feel about the rest of my post(s)?

Every single game ever is "downgraded" then "upgraded" multiple times across it's development, that's just how development works.

It's natural.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
4Qv7YnS.gif

Sweat baby jesus.gif

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This takedown doesn't happen in the E3 gameplay demo.
Eille dosn't stab someone from behind in the E3 demo?
A cut scene even in engine will always look better even with the same character model .
You control the camera , the lighting , angles , timing etc etc .
Yes of course but this difference is much greater than just "it's a cut scene". At least the difference between cut scene and gameplay wasn't that big in Uncharted 4. I mean look at the NPC Eille's killing, it looks like shes killing a henchman from Days Gone.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Can you block the emotions that easily?
I've totally cried from watching polygons go through something in an emotional scene and I can also feel nauseous from seeing polygons get brutally killed and scream in pain. To me it's no different than watching a brutal scene in a movie or reading something awful in a book. "It's just a game", "It's just a movie", "it's just a book", doesn't help me much.

It's not blocking emotions - I just see it as, "Ellie probably doesn't WANT to kill these people but sometimes it may be necessary and sometimes it may happen by accident."

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Worse lightning, worse character models, worse looking effects (like the blood) worse facial animations.

Ellies facial animations are actually better imo, but the NPC's aren't. And of course the lighting is going to be different since they're entirely differently lit, one at night in the wet, one indoor in daylight.

We have 4 entirely seperate knifing animations across these gameplay snippets, instead of celebrating how diverse the animations can be in this game, people are complaining they haven't seen the exact one from the initial demo. Having a multitude of different contextual animations is far better than having the same high quality one repeated over and over.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Eille dosn't stab someone from behind in the E3 demo?

Yes of course but this difference is much greater than just "it's a cut scene". At least the difference between cut scene and gameplay wasn't that big in Uncharted 4. I mean look at the NPC Eille's killing, it looks like shes killing a henchman from Days Gone.

With the right lighting yeah it did .
Still even comapre to other NPCs that look worst for some reason .
For eg the character that get hit in the face with bottle had better face animation .

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I honestly get the feeling that this simply isn't for me, I'm one of those who always disable gore if I can. :s
Yeah probably the case unfortunately. The violence is very much supposed to be uncomfortable, so I'm not personally expecting there to be any options to tone it down some and there'll almost definitely be some very brutal cutscenes, far worse than TLoU 1 had I'd bet based on the Paris Games Week cutscene trailer.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
You think so? Different kill animations and sounds?
Some games let you reduce things like that (show blood, some sounds etc.). But that's the choice of the dev and if they see this needed for their game.
Don't know what option PArt II is going to have but Part I had a Gore toggle.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I guess some people feel its a bit off from initial reveal because the gameplay looks more "gamey" compared to reveal which looked more "cinematic". Here we got a fast responsive Ellie and combat is being done quick(being played by actual players) compared to the reveal where they purposely showed the scene 'slower/drawn out' for i guess more 'impact'. Obviously we pick up more details in such slow sequences compared to a quick one.

Today's footage to me as well looks more 'gamey' but thats actually a good thing. The videos themselves state that ND wanted it all to be smooth whether Ellie is proning or moving about and dodging. One of the previews says in bold Movement is key and Metal Gear Last of us(which has imo best movement there is in open world gaming). And this approach is the better one to go for imo for a videogame. I am so so amazed seeing how smooth it all is playing out and these are footages of journos which means it is how it is in the final product! Will be so fun to play

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks even better than I imagined it would. Love all the new stuff they are adding.

Going prone and crawling around MGS style.
Having a dodge button.
Tracking dogs, making combat even more interesting and intense.
All NPC's have a name.
Weapon bench.
New skill tree.
Improved AI.

Then there's the graphics and animation, which look incredible. Didn't think I could get more hyped for this game, apparently I was wrong. 😁

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus, stop embarrassing yourself.
You know what's funny I normally hate those screaming downgrades!! But I kinda hate game/game studio cheerleaders refusing to even acknowledge there have been changes to how the game looks even more. So don't bother replying to me unless you wanna discuss it using your big words.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is Ellie's tattoo covering some sort of big scar on her inner arm? Looked like that or a burn when she was at the crafting table.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's funny I normally hate those screaming downgrades!! But I kinda hate game/game studio cheerleaders refusing to even acknowledge there have been changes to how the game looks even more. So don't bother replying to me unless you wanna discuss it using your big words.

You fail to understand the difference between an in-engine cutscene, different times of day, lighting and a gameplay kill.

It's hilarious you don't seem to be understanding why everyone is dismissive of you.

Hint: it's because screaming downgrades while ignoring the obvious isn't a good look.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Animations are great, but honestly RDR2 looks way better to me. There's a certain brightness that looks off.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Great now not only do I have to kill dogs, I get to hear their owners scream their names when they discover the body. :(

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing to me how, even from a story perspective, just by virtue of Ellie growing up her mechanics have improved and she can do more.

This game...

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
For me the first reveal looked miles better than rdr2 but for some reason i don't see it now. Rdr2 looks better but with that said this still looks amazing