• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Yo that part with her running away, diving into prone, rolling over on her back, and aiming is on par with the E3 demo animation. It seriously looks insane how smooth that all was.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The environments. O:

i8pqrkzo3jfjzgqnvszk.jpg

pqvcjbgevccwrxnrbz04.jpg

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the reviews says Multiple story buildings aren't in the first game...

But they are...just wanted to point that out.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe there were, though I can only recall of a couple that were part of an overall larger area where you're dealing with enemies, rather than their own, segmented playground.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I believe there were, though I can only recall of a couple that were part of an overall larger area where you're dealing with enemies, rather than their own, segmented playground.

Absolutely were. I'm in Pittsburgh now in my repeat playthrough. and the building immediately after the hotel (maybe it's still the hotel?) is multiple floors.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Glad to see this game indeed looks like a game, which is funny because some reactions here act like it was gonna be something more.
Ya lol this b roll footage is the first time it's looked like a game to me. Idk what I was expecting, but now I can let go of those lofty unfair expectations and get excited as fuck for this title.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like very good impressions from the previews.

Look like it's another hit for ND.

Too many upcoming games to go media blackout for, lol.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
how do they manage visuals and animations of this magnitude out of a PS4?

I hope my base PS4 can run it lol

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Weird,seems like all members who joined the forum since yesterday choose this thread and game to nitpick.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough. Although I wasn't trying to be precise in my comparison. I was just fleetingly saying how it gave me SH2 vibes because of the strong shadows from the flashlight, how claustrophobic it felt and how the clicker resembles the monster in Silent Hill. Just basic stuff :) I can appreciate how SH is a whole different game in itself.
I totally get where you are coming from.
Its just your comment reminded me of how much potential TLoU franchise really has, but their vision seems to hamper that a bit imo.
Both SH2 and TLoU has amazing crafted stories so a potential TLoU sequel that doubles down on the SH2 immersion and horror while not comprising on the script and being subtle on the story would be final form.

But their vision to focus more on the voice/mo-cap actors, penchant to break immersive state/exploration into forced events to create shock or adrenaline moments is definitely hold them back. Its like ND thinks we have short attention spans and lose interest if they made it into a game that is truly "free". Not to mention having A.I practically kills immersive tension, which is replaced by scripted shock events that are equivalent to jump scares to me.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I watched 15 seconds of footage, read a little impressions on the new mechanics.

I'm good. Blackout till launch.

I was already sold but nice to hear it plays even better than the first.

m_anger

Dec 13, 2018
To be honest: I wasn't too ethusiastic after the Release Date Trailer th other day. But these footages brings back the hope. The game looks fantastic.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Yuuuup. Sounds like they're gonna nail this thing. Everything sounds and looks incredible.

Also, some of these downgrade posts are... predictable.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is like a dedicated thread to that battle scene in the last jedi where the stunt doubles fuck up and the gif is slowed down 5 times to emphasize it.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those downgrade posts are straight up embarrassing.
Not sure what you mean by embarrassing I'm sure some use them to troll, but looking at the footage there is a downgrade. It obviously still look great but it is clear, and it wasn't that surprising to be honest the E3 demo looked liked it could have been a next gen game.

Compare this takedown with the first takedown of the E3 demo and tell me you don't see a difference.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean by embarrassing I'm sure some use them to troll, but looking at the footage there is a downgrade. It obviously still look great but it is clear, and it wasn't that surprising to be honest the E3 demo looked liked it could have been a next gen game.

Compare this takedown with the first takedown of the E3 demo and tell me you don't see a difference.

You mean the take down that was a cut scene ?

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019

What's the difference? That it's shorter?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The only weird thing in that sequence is the face of the guy/girl being "hugged". It seems to be missing a texture.