• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
So, I'm shocked how much negativity surrounds the game. I didn't expect this much hatred everywhere. I just saw the comments section of Easy Allies review and it's disheartening.

Now, I have my opinion of the game, and I think it's an amazing game. And I know a lot of idiots didn't even play it and decided they hate it. But what do you think the general consensus of the game will be? It reviewed and sold great, but I have a feeling like it's going to be hated wherever I go.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I want to say that I really love your character's interjections and reactions to everything happening. "Fuck this place" will never get old lol.

Fangdangle

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England
Just finished this absolutely incredible gaming experience. Managed to remain unspoiled through the leaks and haven't really been paying attention to anything else all weekend whilst playing. Unforgettable and emotional.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
There's like 4 full different games worth of unique assets in TLOU2, it's crazy.

It's making me kind of exhausted looking at everything around me. It's almost too much, just like UC4 was too much.

Stuff you fly through in mere seconds, never to be seen again in the game.

Conversely I think I looted the same kitchen 34 times.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
How does everyone feel about Abby so far without spoilers who beat the game?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
any tips for collectibles on a second playthrough? it respawns all the ones you previously collected so its hard to see which ones you had gotten before. You can see from chapter select how many you're missing, but I can't see an easy way to see which ones.

Can you load a later save - eg seattle day 3 - and check your journal and list of letters to see what you've collected up to that point, and compare against a walkthrough to get a 'hit list' of which ones you're missing? I may do an NG+ run to get some of the maxed out skill tree trophies, but in case I miss any collectibles on a second run I want to have a not too painful way of finding them

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So after nearly 24 hours of playtime I finally finished thr game on hard mode.

Absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite games ever and a worthy successor to the original.

Really wasn't what I was expecting with how the story goes, almost wasn't at sure at the half way point but i really appreciate what it did and think it's better for it.

Gonna try and go for the platinum trophy now, especially since it had a much better list than the first game which was pretty annoying.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Man when they add dogs to the encounters....

Game is just intense, gruesome, heartbreaking and heart-pounding all at once.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 15 or so hours in, and it's incredible. Story wise I'm not as into it as the first but it still hits those gut wrenching notes at the same time that make me wanna take a break.

I don't remember the 1st one playing to the survival horror as much as this though. Every single encounter is stupidly intense.

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
How does everyone feel about Abby so far without spoilers who beat the game?

Observations about character and story structure, no big secrets:

I felt Abby was actually the better character of the two protagonists for the simple reason that most of her choices are perfectly understandable and relatable, whereas Ellie was a cypher (with deliberately obscured motivations) making infuriatingly bad choices for much of the game.

However, Ellie gets a huge boost from being so wonderful in the part one, having all that backstory and a cast of (slightly) better supporting characters around her so I can see why players favour her by a huge margin.

Having said that, this game is very weirdly structured and much of Abby's content is dumped on the player at the worst possible moment and the story struggles to recover from that.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
She is a great, well written character. I definitely feel empathy for her, but I still can't forgive her for what she did. It's complicated!

Being someone who knows her motivations since I was spoiled, its gonna be interesting seeing how I feel about her and Ellie at the end

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Wait how fucking long is this entire part after the ferris wheel?

im at 18 hours

this is a 25-30 hour game? Im on survivor. Holy crap i thought i could marathon this tonight

wow what an amazing game

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
This question may seem sacrilege, but how possible is it to go full Rambo? I played through the first game on release all stealth, and despite finding it to be one of the greatest games ever made I didn't really enjoy the gameplay due to my dislike for stealth. Just like the Metal Gear games, they're great but my actual gameplay experience wasn't to my liking.

I'm gonna assume it's just like the first game, going guns blazing is incredibly difficult due to limited supplies and being stunned.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Baconmonk Is that a number under the spoiler?

I had this feeling so many times. It's like oh my god there's more? But how!?
I want to rush through the game for the story cuz I just want to know what happens, but then I also want to take it slow and enjoy this ride. It's going to be another 7 years probably until another ND game or a game like this

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This question may seem sacrilege, but how possible is it to go full Rambo? I played through the first game on release all stealth, and despite finding it to be one of the greatest games ever made I didn't really enjoy the gameplay due to my dislike for stealth. Just like the Metal Gear games, they're great but my actual gameplay experience wasn't to my liking.

I'm gonna assume it's just like the first game, going guns blazing is incredibly difficult due to limited supplies and being stunned.
Tbh I think the ideal playstyle is literally how Rambo would operate, which is a mix of stealth and all out violence.

If you want to be loud you also need to be fast and move around a lot, taking people as human shields and running from place to place. It can't be played like a cover shooter. The game is more or less about making noise at the right time and moving around your enemies a lot.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the prologue (first 2 hours) left me completely speechless.

I don't even know where to begin. I don't like the direction this is going but I'm curious to see how they pull all of this off.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

The game's tools and mechanics most fully support a hit-and-run/guerrilla warfare approach.

On Survivor, you're probably to going to be doing a lot more fleeing and distracting than aggressive combat, but my brother (on Hard) has been more free to be on the offensive when he wants

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017

You obviously can't go in fully guns blazing but I feel like gunplay is a lot more front and centre this time around. You just have to scavenge a bit more to make sure you're stocked up but you can probably tweak the difficulty to just give you more resources whilst keeping the enemies somewhat challenging.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I seriously don't have the energy and desire to continue playing with...
Abby.

I don't feel any connection with her and it feels like starting over and losing all the progress made so far. After so many hours I want to continue building my skill tress, managing my resources and helping my character's cause... not the opposite.

Man, what a way of ruining the experience for me.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I think the ideal playstyle is literally how Rambo would operate, which is a mix of stealth and all out violence.

If you want to be loud you also need to be fast and move around a lot, taking people as human shields and running from place to place. It can't be played like a cover shooter. The game is more or less about making noise at the right time and moving around your enemies a lot.
The enemies are way too coordinated and tactical to play this as a cover shooter. I tried for a bit because I got cornered, and they will pin you down, suppress, flank, and rush with ruthless efficiency

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
The AI in this game is really bad. I've played through the whole game on Hard and the opponents are really stupid.
Their lines are predictable, they don't turn their heads while walking and they need a few seconds to go to the alert state, which is more than enough time for you to hide.
Is it any better on the highest difficulty level?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, these are my favorite scenarios. Stealth kill a guy, someone comes looking, take them hostage, headshot their friend and finish off your human shield, melee another one then go prone and disappear before sniping another dude. I love seamlessly flowing from one approach to another, depending on the moment to moment situation.

I replayed the first game recently as 100% stealth, but I really enjoy mixing things up even more. That's also why I really want to see this game's MP.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Wait how fucking long is this entire part after the ferris wheel?

im at 18 hours

this is a 25-30 hour game? Im on survivor. Holy crap i thought i could marathon this tonight

wow what an amazing game
Yeah you still have
about 1/3 of the game left after the ferris wheel, so at your pace 25-30 hours sounds about right.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
20 hours in. Seattle Day 3.2 Funny observation

Mel amputates yara's arm and she immedietly gets it wet in water? lmao I hope she has antibiotcs

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
User Banned (1 week): Untagged Spoilers in a No Spoiler topic
Abby

Man, what a way of ruining the experience for me. I don't feel any connection with her and it feels like starting over and losing all the progress made so far. After so many hours I want to continue building my skill tress, managing my resources and supporting my character's cause... not the opposite.

If you go in to it with an open mind and are already invested in the story I promise it's worth it. I didn't know how I'd feel about her, but by the end of Seattle Day 3, I connected with her more than I did Ellie, even tho I still adore Ellie as a character, this game somehow managed to really make me care about Abby in a way I never really saw coming until the end

Last edited:

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Any rough idea how much of New Game plus is needed to unlock all character/weapon upgrades.

I obviously didn't get all on my first playthrough.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Abby.

I don't feel any connection with her and it feels like starting over and losing all the progress made so far. After so many hours I want to continue building my skill tress, managing my resources and helping my character's cause... not the opposite.

People will tell you it helps to go in with an open mind but everything after the halfway mark was just so infuriating - the cast, the set pieces, arsenal, etc

All stuff I'd rather have experienced as Ellie. I'm on Seattle Day 3 myself but I'll tell you that feeling you described never went away.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE HOW AWESOME THE MP WILL BE.

The arenas in this game are so fun. Imagine MP with:

-Prone
-Moving through cracks and tunnels
-Hiding and moving through tall grass
-Crawling through grass
-Jumping and swinging
-Using ropes to create new access ways
-Upgrading your loadouts (hopefully it's like Gunsmith from COD where things have trade offs, or it's upgradeable through in-game)
-Dodging
-Holding enemies hostage

I am so pumped for MP

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to get the urge to move a little more quickly through areas. I was meticulous at the beginning because I thought that stuff would be more rare (it seemed to be in the first game?), but it is a bit 'frustrating' having my inventory completely full most of the time. I'm still happy to find notes, manuals, and health/skill/weapon upgrade mats, but I'm barely using the stuff I'm crafting except for health kits. Of course, I'm still pretty early on, so I don't want to jump to conclusions yet.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

-Prone
-Crawling through grass
-Jumping and swinging
-Upgrading your loadouts (hopefully it's like Gunsmith from COD where things have trade offs, or it's upgradeable through in-game)
-Dodging
-Holding enemies hostage

I am so pumped for MP
Swimming, because that mall is definitely happening (best arena in the game so far for me).

Oct 29, 2017
USA
I didn't know Jeffrey Wright was in this game. As soon as I heard Isaac speak, I knew who the voice was. I like this casting decision.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

-Prone
-Crawling through grass
-Jumping and swinging
-Dodging
-Holding enemies hostage

I am so pumped for MP
Crafting on the fly

Mar 10, 2018
User Banned (1 week): Untagged Spoilers in a No Spoiler topic
If you go in to it with an open mind and are already invested in the story I promise it's worth it. I didn't know how I'd feel about her, but by the end of Seattle Day 3, I connected with her more than I did Ellie, even tho I still adore Ellie as a character, this game somehow managed to really make me care about Abby in a way I never really saw coming until the end
Yeah, somehow I ended up liking Abby more than Ellie by the end of the game. Some narrative wizardry going on on ND's behalf lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Abby.

I felt the same at the beginning. I didn't feel anything for abby, but the gameplay is still great, and her stuff has probably the best set pieces of both games.