• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Quick question, do we know if Reuben Langdon was involved in this game? In TLoU Part 1, he voiced & mo-capped for James (from the winter part of the game) as well as serving as one of the mo-cap stunt doubles for Joel (namely for the fight scenes). I'm worried that he also did the latter in this game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I am really put off by the violence in this game. Not simply because it is violent but because of the attitude of the gaming community towards violence. Here is a game which uses violence to add meaning and to make it thought provoking and the gaming community has been treating violence like mayo in burgers. That violence is supposed to make you wince and to bring about horror in you, but too much MK and other game violence has desensitized gamers and belittled it.
The more recent MK games are actually more 'disgusting' to me just because they revel in how gross they can be without it changing anything (i.e., you can just pick the character again and play another match). I think that most people playing TLOU2 though, who have an investment in the story/characters from the first game, are going to end up not focusing so much on the individual acts of violence, but the context, motivation, and consequences instead.

I caveat that with the fact that I'm only a few hours in, so that could change. It's my hope anyway, for myself especially!

I really dont like this cover at all

wish they stuck with the more artsy lou1 cover
Get used to it. It's what you'll be staring at every time you launch the game. :)

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously getting really emotional here, being only half an hour until unlock. Didn't expect it to hit me man.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing early unlocks are a different time zone?

Anyone know if gamestops are doing early pick ups?

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I've just got to
Seattle
and wow! Its absolutely stunning, probably the most impressive graphics this gen. And HDR is good! Not often that happens.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8 more hours and i can finally pick up my copy. Spoilers are everywhere. Twitter is like minefield, Jesus...
Anyone that cares about being spoiled for big games like this should start staying away from places like Twitter, YouTube, or gaming forums in general at least a week before launch. I still remember all those God of War (2018) spoilers and I learned my lesson when it was too late.

For those who are playing, how has it been so far?
Go back to previous pages.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
lol I have a problem. Best Buy isn't doing pick ups until tomorrow, and neither is GameStop. I preordered from Best Buy, and I hate that I'm seriously considering just doing a digital preorder so I can play it tonight. I know I shouldn't, but man oh man the anticipation is too much to bear.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Any more impressions from people who have played it?
Got like 40 mins in, so far no spoilers:

- everything is filled with life.

- the power of crunch: everything is ridiculously detailed. From assets, character models you name it.

- too many accessibility options lol

- dead bodies that you scavenger ammo or lore is look great.

-dialog witty and fun.

- dodge feels satisfying to pull off, even more so than re3. However, it's way easier to do.

- there's a recap of sort from 1st game those who haven't played in awhile.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Question to all who's playing or finished it, i got spoiled way back when leaks happened. Is there still a lot that wasn't spoiled or a lot of suprises? A simple yes or no is all i need :)

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just played the first two hours or so. I can scarcely believe how my OG PS4 is achieving some of these visuals lmao. Really loving the pacing and mood of the game, just stunning stuff all around. Also the QOL fixes like letting you quick-craft medikits.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Quick tip - if anyone's thinking of a trophy run, enable the "enhanced listen mode" in accessibility settings. Hold L1 and tap O, it'll ping any items you can pick up within a radius.

And I wish I'd known this when I was doing my trophy pickup run!

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Had to cancel my GameStop order since they said it would be, "delayed" and I would get the game next week. Even though my wife paid for release day delivery. So I'm currently preloading it on my PS4!

Oct 25, 2017
It takes a while to get going but when it does it really does.
Of course there is an optional safe that unlocks with code 0451