• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
About 7 hours in. Thumbs up so far. Great mix of scary and tense sequences with heartwarming and amazing character moments.

I'm curious, I figured the game would have scary moments, but so far have you encountered anything similar to the basement level of the first game in terms of scariness/horror? That part of the first game always gave me anxiety and freaked me the hell out lol

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
I mentioned a little ways up that mine is loud. I'm using open-back headphones and I hear it pretty constantly. Makes me wish the PS5 was here already. LOL
My PS4 Pro is definitely loud. I keep it in a cabinet so it's fine with speakers, but if yours is out in the open (and first gen) headphones are a safe bet.
Cool thanks. Yep it's a first gen pro I'll need to figure something out to make the noise tolerable.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Got a 10 pack of Monster ready for tomorrow. Im going to play this for 12 hours at least.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sasha Grey is live streaming the first game on twitch, seems for charity. (do not search her up on your work computer, her name is NSFW)

The stream itself is good.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Welp, got a delivery date. Tuesday. Fingers crossed for Monday (find my Amazon deliveries typically arrive earlier than estimated). At least it's something to look forward to. I've waited this long, what's a few more days?

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Ok getting a bit concerned about the Pro noise problem now. Is it possible to "lighten the load" by forcing PS4 to 1080p or does it automatically just supersample the game regardless?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Small heads up. Got the game early and I'm loving every second of it BUT I ran into a game breaking bug (my comeuppance for getting it early XD)

Now before everyone starts jumping on ND, there's probably a Day 1 patch that might fix it and honestly after replaying the part again it actually got fixed and if my theory is correct, I may have actually activated the bug my some dumb mistake of restarting a checkpoint during a door pushing animation segment (got paranoid because I didn't fully explore the location and didnt want to miss anything).

I don't want to get into details due to spoilers (its like 3-4 hours into the game) but this is just a friendly reminder to manually save oftenly and don't rely on auto saving.

Game's amazing though so I don't mind redoing another hour of it :P

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Which difficulty is recommended for a hard but not too punishing experience? Hard or survivor?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Which difficulty is recommended for a hard but not too punishing experience? Hard or survivor?
It is said to have customizable difficulty. I think you can combine player difficulty on normal and enemy difficulty on hard

If that turns out to be a thing, expect this game to be replayable due to mixed combination of difficulty

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It is said to have customizable difficulty. I think you can combine player difficulty on normal and enemy difficulty on hard

If that turns out to be a thing, expect this game to be replayable due to mixed combination of difficulty

It is a thing, we've known about it for a while now.

51JZUVs.png

I just realized stealth and enemies are different settings, so I'll probably bump Enemies up to Survivor and the rest on hard.

e: no, resources on moderate or maybe even light. I want to have plenty of stuff to play around with.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Well my job gave me off tomorrow because of everything going on with the protests and it being June 19th. So I will probably pick this up from gamestop and install it when I get back. Have some stuff to do around the house.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Small heads up. Got the game early and I'm loving every second of it BUT I ran into a game breaking bug (my comeuppance for getting it early XD)

Now before everyone starts jumping on ND, there's probably a Day 1 patch that might fix it and honestly after replaying the part again it actually got fixed and if my theory is correct, I may have actually activated the bug my some dumb mistake of restarting a checkpoint during a door pushing animation segment (got paranoid because I didn't fully explore the location and didnt want to miss anything).

I don't want to get into details due to spoilers (its like 3-4 hours into the game) but this is just a friendly reminder to manually save oftenly and don't rely on auto saving.

Game's amazing though so I don't mind redoing another hour of it :P

yeah I had one that was game-breaking as well late in the game but luckily the checkpoint system is really fast so it felt alright.

Just on a side note I really can't wait to hear everyone's full impressions of the game. I truly believe that this game is really something special.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
according to digital foundry base ps4 runs incredible well solid 30fps through entire game visual near identical to pro besides resolution. naughty dog said they built base version first then improved the pro not other way around
I remember when people were saying that developers like ND were going to design specifically for the Pro and that would be when we'd see a big difference.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018

Ok thanks! Maybe I'll play on hard with supplies on normal. The only thing I didn't liked playing TLOU on survivor was the lack of crafting materials.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone said that Infinity Ward pulled forward the digital unlock for one of the recent Call of Duty games.

Any chance that'll happen for TLOUP2?

I reckon a double-whammy of the game being pretty much ready 1-2 months ago and the whole lockdown situation makes it more likely than usual.

Well my job gave me off tomorrow because of everything going on with the protests and it being June 19th. So I will probably pick this up from gamestop and install it when I get back. Have some stuff to do around the house.
My work booked tomorrow off for a delayed national holiday. I also booked Monday off.

Gonna be a goooood weekend.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
the photo mode is available from the first day hooray!!!
ClosedJollyGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

it seems to me that the game will become the graphic standard of this generation oO

5olid_5nake

Oct 30, 2017
Where is that gif of Neil saying something in the lines of "It's a video game, you have to play it..."? I need to show it to my friend who just watched the ending and judges the game based on that alone.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Still no shipping for me on Amazon guess I have to wait until next week.

Last edited:

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
Installed and waiting for that countdown to go away !
Can't wait to come back here to discuss the game. Bits of my enjoyment of the first one was the reception and seeing others experience its magic as well .

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Anyone? If it unlocks today I might get it digital
12 am HKT.
I am also thinking to buy it there.
store.playstation.com

The Last of Us™ Part II Standard Edition

*This content is also available in Thai.<br/><br/>Five years after their dangerous journey across the post-pandemic United States, Ellie and Joel have settled down in Jackson, Wyoming. Living amongst a thriving community of survivors has allowed them peace and stability, despite the constant threat
You even get the pre order bonus.

468 HKD are €58.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Tickity tick tockity fuck... Side eyeing this countdown bastard nemisis of mine. Too long yet so soon. Finally.

Bought a pro and a c9 for this game. The wait has been an exquisite agony of cracked and crumbling patience.

Soooooon....

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Still deciding which difficulty I'm gonna use. I think I'll go survivor right off the bat.