• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So the footage we are going to get later....
Is it going to be official B-roll footage provided by ND, or did people who attend the media event record their own footage?

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
#teamnotghostJoel

But that trailer was something else. Extremely excited for it. The new area's look amazing.

Oct 31, 2017
So I just noticed that the woman Ellie shot got the left side of her face completely blown off. If you watch it slow motion, you can see the pieces flying off. That's crazy.
UYb6ZhO.png

430q4pF.png

0kNacrP.png
tenor.gif

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Trailer gave me too much walking dead vibes with the group talk and actually turned me off from the game somewhat. Hopefully the story is personal instead of focusing to much on groups.

Neil always called the first game an ensemble story or something like that, meaning we get to meet and know a lot of different characters just like we did in the first game. I think it's the same here just set in a community. Unlike TWD we will actually have fleshed out characters that we will care for, I have no doubt about that.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I just realized that the flashlight is still based on the camera movement, and not on the actual physical object.

untitled-2ock7e.gif

I have no idea if it's something they can't "fix" or if it's a design/gameplay choice. 🤔

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I just realized that the flashlight is still based on the camera movement, and not on the actual physical object.

untitled-2ock7e.gif

I have no idea if it's something they can't "fix" or if it's a design/gameplay choice. 🤔

Deliberate most likely.

Even in TLOU, the intention is to provide the clearest viewpoint the player. Unrealistic? Sure but still a harmless concession.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I was impressed watching the trailer on a crappy 1080p LCD monitor in bad lighting conditions.

Then I watched it on my 4K TV. Holy cannoli. I think this is going to take the console graphics crown. The SoP stream didn't do it justice.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'm assuming from the trailer that it's a full Ellie prologue, then into a 50/50 split type deal for the rest of the game...or, and this is even better, a switchable system where you can play as either and swap it around.

I think I just blew my own mind.

May 17, 2018
Recording over-the-air network tv is possible, but it takes extra equipment - basically another computer/server with an antenna connected to it and software like Plex.

The "easy" way is to get a digital tv service like YouTube TV or Hulu Live and record whatever you want that services like that offer, but they're pretty expensive - $40+ a month usually if you want any network stations.

untitled-2ock7e.gif

Literally unplayable.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
All the "Don't worry, they won't fridge the girlfriend, she'll just be secretly the antagonist" guessing is not filling me with relief, people

Hopefully Naughty Dog is a little smarter to avoid such blatantly overused game tropes at this point

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
for me it is especially the management of the localization of the damage on the enemies and the global rendering of the violence which crosses a new cape .. it is simply sublime and at the same time horridly degrading oO omfg amazing job ND

giphy.gif

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
All this chatter about tropes. If the character writing is up to snuff—there's nothing to suggest it won't be— it won't matter if they go in a derivative direction. You will have bought into the characters to such a degree that you're not thinking about Twitter talking points.

The way people speak about art these days feels like they're trying to talk themselves into disliking things. People are always gearing up for the worst. It's cool to be vocally optimistic about things, it doesn't make you a shill. It certainly makes reading message board conversations easier for some of us.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017

untitled-2ock7e.gif

Design choice.

Fast moving/rotating light is not very nice to watch, especially without motion blurred lighting. (Which is hard to do properly/fast.)

immsun

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Does no one think, the Old Joe looks so much like Nathan Drake. The first shot of him, i am like this is how Nathan would look.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
And Pre-ordered the Special Edition. The Ellie statue is nice but I collect the bigger Sideshow ones and they don't really fit in well with those.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
DeafeningIndelibleArachnid-size_restricted.gif

I mentioned this in the other thread, but good lord...the enemy's clothes actually stretch and wrinkle with the slash of the knife.

This shit is fascinating

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

untitled-2ock7e.gif

What the heck, even Days Gone had this problem and Deacon didnt even have flashlight on his body XD.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
All the "Don't worry, they won't fridge the girlfriend, she'll just be secretly the antagonist" guessing is not filling me with relief, people

Hopefully Naughty Dog is a little smarter to avoid such blatantly overused game tropes at this point

Like when they introduced and then iced the two black brothers in the first game ?