• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
Looks boring and predictable as hell
4bUV7Ls.gif

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Anybody remember that art with ellie sitting on a stone and playing guitar many years ago? This is exactly the same like in the CE version, so after all it as rue...really cool

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if it's still considered fridging if the main character is a women.

anyway, that did very little for me. It looks pretty but a revenge quest isn't that interesting and the rest just looks like a standard third person shooter.

I also hate Joel so there's that. They will probably redeem him or some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts:

Fantastic trailer, game looks amazing! Trailer seems deceptive, and I'm not a fan of the fridging trope, but I'll leave the jury out on that one since it isn't confirmed.

A game earlier this year also had an apparent fridging trope that didn't materialize into the actual game, so it'd be wasted words on my part right now.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I'm dying here... Will be a damn long wait for sure. Gimme REVENGE!

Though I must admit, that cover is not the best really. BUT I DON'T FUCKING CARE.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
ND bringing double discs back? That's the biggest surprise. Don't know if I like that to be honest. Will go digital.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
After reading this I wouldn't be so sure that the game will be about much more than 'revenge':

Like, yeah, the first game was about finding the fireflies to discover a cure but they never made that the thematic crux of all the marketing. That was just the goal and not the theme that was being portrayed.
Neil's quote implies it's a lot deeper than some B movie where the protagonist seeks revenge.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, what a trailer!

I can't wait to play and experience the story, and tech/visuals looks immaculate. Press impressions can't come soon enough.

Why? BR can go up to 100gb right?
PS4 can read regular BDs, 2 layers for 50GB max.

UHD BDs are tripple layered, and they can go to 100GB. PS5 will probably use only those.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This has been Druckmann narrative philosophy, simple story deep characters. TLOU was also very simple plot wise, get Ellie to the Fireflies. I imagine the post apocalyptic setting doesn't leave for a super complicated plot, it's the same for movies like The Road and Fury Road.

See this:

My issue isn't the simplicity of it because, as you say, you could do that for most themes. My issue is that 'revenge', and the way that wording describes it, is something that I feel says very little and means very little. I'm getting the game Day One so it's not like I'm turned off but if the game wants to impress me with its story then it's going to need to do something more with its thematic core than "revenge is bad."

But I'd also add that, when it comes to revenge tales, there's only so much depth one can really add beyond how fucked up the process of revenge can make a person. Considering that's what the director of the game is writing on a Thank You note in a Collector's Edition then I'm not optimistic that the final game will be able to have all that much depth when it comes to the larger theme of the narrative.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Also the dog didn't look infected

Wonder if there actually won't be any infected animals in the game afterall

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't see Joel being the one dead/murdered since Tommy is the one coming to Ellie's place for consolation. It should be the other way around if that were the case.
Actually I find more likely an "uncle" figure coming over the console his "niece" over the death his brother & her "father".

But we'll see. There's a good to high chance we're being bamboozled by the trailer in many ways.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I just don't buy the idea that Joel dies, at least not right away. Would be kind of a dick move to have Troy only be in a tiny part of the game but then parade him around for every panel to BS people lol.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Game looks great, I bet everything we saw was within the first five hours of the game. I am worried though that Naughty Dog are making their games a little too long. Uncharted 4 felt way too long and I only beat it once, Last of Us I only beat once on PS3; making this game a 35-hour adventure, to me, feels unnecessary, we'll just have to wait and see. Still buying and playing through it because I gotta find out what happens. Also maybe the two-discs are one for single-player and another for multiplayer?
How do you know it is 35 hours?

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Holy fucking shit that was SO worth the wait.

THE ANIMATION in this is unreal.

Couldn't be more excited.

Bring it.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Having just rewatched the trailer a few times. My theory:

When Ellie says "please stop", that is Dina being hurt/tortured. Probably same as we saw to the woman in trailer #2. Dina doesn't die. The shot fades to black then there's a gunshot, but that seems like it's lifted from another scene. I actually think the gunshot and "Noooo!" could be Joel getting killed, the scenes between Ellie and Tommy are about this "I have to finish it". Without bothering to guess the nuances of how it ties together:

Ellie & Dina captured -> Dina tortured -> Ellie goes out for revenge -> Joel follows along and is killed -> Ellie's lust for revenge intensified

Don't think there's any chance Dina is the villain and only a slim one she dies in the way the trailer makes it seem, if at all.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the game MUCH more Survival Horror?

All the glimpses of gameplay made it look like Resident Evil 2 Remake or something

Looks awesome wow

This is what makes me more excited and probably TLoU Part II will be the first Naughty Dog game i'll buy at release. Some of my favourite moments in first game were darker areas with bunch of clickers. Playing on higher difficulty without listen mode and very limited ammo was tense! Just i wish there was more of that.