• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
multiple discs used to mean something... now all it means is a ton of uncompressed assets lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
when are we getting those juicy 4k screenshots playstation bloggggggg

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
This will easily be the best PlayStation exclusive this gen.

fe5.gif

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
But Spider-Man didn't have any preorder bonuses. All of the suits (the only real bonuses) where available in the regular game, they were just early unlocks.

Yes I was goign to mention Spider-Man, the only Sony game that didn't have any pre-order exclusive stuff you can't get while playing the game then I remembered at that time Insomniac was not owned by Sony. I expect the next Insomniac game to force exclusive pre-order itesm sadly.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Graphically it's stunning and I'm sure the gameplay will be great but nothing in the story is really gripping me still. I know it's a very character focused story anyway but I really wish there was a bit more focus on the setting and its story. It was prett much the only thing I wanted a bit more from in the first game tbh.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Interesting snippet from Druckmann in the Collector's Edition thank you note:
What would you do if someone you loved was the victim of a cruel and violent act? How easily could one's mind tip towards violent retribution? How far would you go to bring the people responsible to justice? If you were successful, how would it change you? Would you ever be the same?

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks great, but my god does this cover look like trash

48789848481_5eb520ee80_k.jpg
Initial reaction is that I really hate the cover art. Upon thinking about it for a little bit, I like that there's no weapons featured and it prominently features a female character. Still think I hate it though.

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah the environments and characters went from being ultra realistic to gamey. Heck coming on the heels of the COD story trailer i wasnt particularly impressed.

Naughty dog are talented devs, but there are limitations to this gen, recent AAA games are using the same graphics technologies, the difference come down to resolution, framerate and artstyle.

Gone are the days when a games graphics "destroys" everything else, it is now simply a case of which art people prefer.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
gears 5 characters models looks better imo.

That's a wild take.

The animation here is leagues ahead of Gears or anything else really, but visually I'd say maybe the same with TLoU2 getting the nod.

Those animations though, holy shit they look even better than the last trailer.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks alright I guess. Trailer felt pretty by the numbers. Nothing particularly impressive. Still gonna be there day 1 though. Hopefully they'll talk about Multiplayer soon. I need to see what they're doing with that. TLoU1 MP was some of the most fun I've ever had playing an MP shooter.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Guys I noticed the two scenes at the end are different!
The scene with Joel and When Ellie gets janked are two different scenes. Look at the background.

I immediately thought the hand on Ellie's mouth couldn't be Joel's: looked way too "young", small and smooth to be his but eh.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
From Naughty Dog themselves:

"Without spoiling too much, at the top of this post you can watch the brand-new trailer that we debuted earlier today on State of Play, which just scratches the surface of what the game has in store."

So... anyone possibly worried about being spoiled too much can be tamed :)

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Just throwing a thought out there but what if Dina

is actually the villain and it's not about her dying but Ellie seeing how evil she really is killing someone else and that tears them apart?

Like, what if Dina played her and made her feel loved, only to turn around and kill members of the group in front of her? Maybe the group Ellie rolls with has something important.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That's one of the worst boxarts I can remember in a long time.

But the game of course looks great.

Oct 25, 2017
That's my current conclusion. He's the one getting shot.

This is where I'm at. I dislike the fridging trope for female characters in general but I think the trailer here was cut very deceptively.

They want us to think it's a simple revenge story based on Dina, but killing Joel would actually have the whole revenge angle make far more sense.