• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Reveal of Joel was perfection. Got me good. Wasn't expecting it to be that affecting. Can't wait to watch it over and over to see what I missed initially.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
ImpressionableEthicalGalapagospenguin-size_restricted.gif
Resident Evil 8 looking great!

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm so glad Ellie and Joel are still a team. I never bought into the ridiculous theories that were floating around but it's good to know that they aren't destroying a relationship that was so carefully constructed in the first game.
God, the game looks amazing. Seems to be a pretty straightforward revenge story but I'm sure lots of twists await us.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
UH OH
I think they did my man Joel dirty, I know what's happening.
He is fucking dead and Ellie is imagining his support, unless they show trailer with him interacting with the outside world.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
lol theyre absolutely going to start this off with your gay lover being brutally murdered
Was there ever any doubt that it wouldn't be Ellie's main motivation to go against a whole faction?

There's no way that she would stay alive during the whole game.

Joe's daughter died at the start of the first game. Tess died also at the beginning of the journey.

In order to have motivation to go against this fucked up world, you really need to suffer some shit

Good call, I could totally see this being the case.

Nah, I don't see it, since Ellie is using her bracelet during the whole game.

So she still has feelings for Dina, and uses the bracelet maybe to remember her of "her goal"

I almost closed my eyes when Ellie was approaching the door in that house. This thing is going to be brutal.

I can't imagine what was happening in there, but probably they were opening Dina by the stomach, just like those other guys from the same faction were doing on the other trailers

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
What if one of the other party members in the group (aka that one Asian dude seen in two of the trailers) kills Dina because they don't support the relationship/got jealous?

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see Joel but his facial animation looked weird, not bad but I didnt feel what they were going for.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Some of you should remember there's a totally different storyline with its own group of characters (Paris Game Show trailer). It's fair to assume the game is much bigger than what any video focused on Ellie&Joel could suggest.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I am immediately out of the romance, they are potheads.
No offense to our happy friends, but that's not my thing.

I'll have to read about if they both use.

Good about the date, but damn they ruined it for me in 4 seconds.
Pfffhaha....
Kids these days.
Yeah all people who occasionally smoke a joint are the same. Potheads.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What's with that horrendous noise even in 4K quality? Is it the reconstruction tech or an added film grain for the purpose of this video? This wasn't before in previous videos.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that Naughty Dog (or Sony for ND games) does US exclusive Collector's Editions. Had hoped this was a thing of the past, but here we are again...

Rango

Oct 29, 2017
do i really need that shitty knock off looking jansport backpack?

decisions, decisions

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Had to wake up earlier than I wanted to, but hell yeah I got that Ellie Edition secured.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee some twists in the story. This will not be as straight forward as it looks, but they can't show you everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
That trailer was a swing and miss for me just for the bury your gays implication, tired and overdone at best and not really acceptable in this day and age.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Just throwing a thought out there but what if Dina

is actually the villain and it's not about her dying but Ellie seeing how evil she really is killing someone else and that tears them apart?

Yeah. You can't present an award to Feminist Frequency then sit down and write what is being implied.

Process of elimination but they wouldn't fridge her, they wouldn't write her as a damsel in distress, she doesn't seem to be an ally for most of the game so enemy seems like a solid bet.

Even in the last trailer she seems to be love-bombing Ellie, which is what cults do to recruit. I'd place a bet on her seeming like a damsel in distress and turning out to be an antagonist

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
We're all being taken for a wild ride. ND is once again messing with us with these story trailers. The motives, timeline and consequences of certain scenes in the trailers will 100% NOT BE what we think - right now - that they are.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Those guys called naughty God's just deliver like no others. What a trailer. Can't wait