• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you avoiding spoilers do not look at the replies to that tweet

or basically any Sony tweet until release date

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I honestly dont know how anyone could be happy with the release being almost 2 month out. With the games story fully available right now and being spoiled across all types of media, WITH NO CONTEXT: prepare for Snape Killed Dumbledore level of fuckery and spoilers.

They should at least release the game digitally asap. Give as many people as possible a chance to play it without years of waiting and hype ruining an experience for them.
Not going to happen and no-one should expect them to do it either.

Not only is there a huge marketing and PR machine that they need to roll out to increase attention on the game in the lead up to release, it would also mess with relationships with physical retailers. A shadow drop would do pretty well but nowhere near the numbers they're expecting or anticipating, and it would overshadow the physical release as the game becomes 'old news'

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly dont know how anyone could be happy with the release being almost 2 month out. With the games story fully available right now and being spoiled across all types of media, WITH NO CONTEXT: prepare for Snape Killed Dumbledore level of fuckery and spoilers.

They should at least release the game digitally asap. Give as many people as possible a chance to play it without years of waiting and hype ruining an experience for them.

Has the game even gone gold yet? If not I'm sure they're working endlessly on bug fixes and other things so maybe it's warranted.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really bummed I saw a spoiler below the tweet (had seen it on there before here).. not entirely surprising but shit, man. Don't click the link! I knew it would probably happen and it won't affect my enjoyment but it sucks.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Are people going to thank the leaker or slate him? One way we get the game earlier however much higher chance of getting spoiled.

The worst would be getting away with it. Dude should be sued up the wazooo because some of us legit fight hard not to break NDA in our industries and he potentially screwed with a lot of people's bonuses tied to performance of sales and reviews.

On the other hand hopefully Naughty Dog and Sony learned a valuable lesson here on taking employee satisfaction seriously. Apparently there's a rumour that they weren't compensating the employee or consultant, whatever they were. I love the studio but 2010-2020 they've been much harder to support with all the office drama they've had that gets hush hush'd.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Dealing with the fallout of the pandemic is more important than getting your toy early.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): hostility over a series of posts

Such an entitled post.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sure thing, but who can tell if the situation is better on May 29 or June 19? But anyway glad that it wasn't delayed for too long.

I don't think they're doing this based on how they think the Covid-19 situation will be later down the line, rather what manufacturing and shipping they've been guaranteed by that date. Eg, they need to get enough copies into stores by launch.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
If you avoiding spoilers do not look at the replies to that tweet

or basically any Sony tweet until release date
Pretty much avoid Twitter and Youtube comments for a few weeks. I think it will reach a point where idiots will calm down about posting spoilers. I would then expect this kind of dumb shit to pick up again closer to the release date.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Already answered this before the threads got merged, they announced an indefinite delay and even refunded pre-orders, what ever triggered that delay wasn't something they thought can be resolved with a 20 days delay.

"Indefinite" does not mean "a long time."

And they refunded pre-orders because it didn't have a date.

There is nothing to back up that this delay was "panic" and "not warranted."

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
How absurd to having delaying it in the first place. The world will be exactly the same on June 19th

That's a weird take considering many countries are just now starting to open things up (in a small scale). Shipping the game weeks in advance will be much smoother in June compared to now.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
How absurd to having delaying it in the first place. The world will be exactly the same on June 19th
Not absurd at all - things change and many countries are on the brink of coming out of total lockdown to a more limited variety meaning that manufacturing and distribution channels which previously where on hold are now available to them.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Bless The Leaks??

I have to think this played a role.
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

That is to say not at all, major decisions such as release dates aren't done at the drop of a hat and include love far, far too many people to happen in less than 24 hours.

It's just not possible at all regardless but the fact that this happened so close to the leaks is the greatest proof they have nothing to do with anything and this was happening regardless because you just don't get all the players together and get them to agree on a meeting time never mind an actual major final decision and then approving said decision for these kind of things that quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.

I'm still playing FFVII and plan to grab Doom Eternal once I wrap it up, so the wait won't be too long.

TLoU in June, GoT in July, Cyberpunk in September. The road to next gen is phenomenal.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has the game even gone gold yet? If not I'm sure they're working endlessly on bug fixes and other things so maybe it's warranted.

If the game was supposed to release may 29th and delay to the 19th is just logistics, I would assume the game is gold in the next week, two weeks at most.

And I for one can say that if I get spoiled, it's unlikely I will pick up this game. I want to play it for the narrative experience and if I know where the story is going, and what happens, because of some fuckwit on a myriad of social media platforms, I would rather not spend hours playing it. This fuckup is on naughty dog. It's not like a copy just got leaked a week or two early from a hole in the wall retailer.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused. How are there even spoilers for this game already? Did review codes go out or something?

I'm really looking forward to this! It's not much of a delay at all.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My hype for the game went way down unfortunately. Will probably pick it up later down the line, which I would never have thought would be the case.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
thankfully it turned out to not be that long, this has been my most anticipated game, and I cannot wait to see what ND has in store for us

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I would also avoid Twitch chat on pretty much any major streamer.

Yeah you're right. Twitch is one of the worst when it comes to spoilers.

Already answered this before the threads got merged, they announced an indefinite delay and even refunded pre-orders, what ever triggered that delay wasn't something they thought can be resolved with a 20 days delay.

Yeah, they resolved logistics. Most likely combined May and June to get satisfactory numbers.

Anything on Facebook in particular I should avoid?

I don't use Facebook but avoid reading comments under posts from popular gaming outlets and personalities.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not absurd at all - things change and many countries are on the brink of coming out of total lockdown to a more limited variety meaning that manufacturing and distribution channels which previously where on hold are now available to them.
Croatia here with only nine cases today and phase 1 end of lockdown, can confirm.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): hostility
Such an entitled post.
So entitled talking about the fallout of a leaked game that people have been waiting years to play getting spoiled when looking at information about a virus that could kill me and my family on a game forum that has multiple topics on the front page about said game.

Fuck off.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Damn i feel bad for anyone getting spoiled. So fucked up. waiting 7 years to just get spoiled like that.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
Ok that's good to hear. I guess they are expecting things to have gotten significantly better by then. That's less than 2 months away, so let's hope it turns out that way.