• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Glad they did this. Right now, there is no "proper" window to launch a game. Its now or fall but even then who says people will be able to go out and shop en masses?

Even Next Gen launch is not 100% certain for fall i would say.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Wow I wonder if recent events had any impact on that. Ghost of Tsushima pretty close to it too.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Shame, because it definitely means Ghost is getting delayed then and I was looking forward to that more, but TLOU 2 should be alright

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Logic:
"We need delay for now, no new release date yet."
-There's a global pandemic, impacting worldwide shipping and the jobs of all people. They need to get their ducks in a row.
Gamers - Indefinite? It's obviously now a PS5 launch title.

"Okay here's the new date."
We've prepared our shipping and distribution lines while we've finalized the game.
Gamers - Leaks did this. (meaning either leaks made them release a game that isn't ready or made sony ignore their concerns of global pandemic)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Iron Man VR wasn't given a new release date yet; wonder if those TLOU2 leaks really pressed Sony to announce a date for that sooner.

Oct 30, 2017
One week before Ghost of Tsushima?

Yeah... GoT is going to be delayed till August \ September.

Edit: Just saw it was delayed till 17th of July.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
God I just need to make it 2 months without getting spoiled. 2 months of no YouTube comments, twitter threads, and Twitch chat....I not gonna make it am I?

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
How do you know that?
They delayed a game that they said was already complete "indefinitely" and refunded everyone, only to re-announce it'll release 20 days after the original date.
Indefinite delay + refunds = we can't release our biggest game during a pandemic and have no idea when it will be fine to release it
New release date only 20 days later = guess releasing games during the pandemic is fine

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima essentially on my birthday. Happy that TLOU2's new release wasn't too much further.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Good. At least we're finally over posts like "they are just delaying this for PS5"
Seriously though. Amazing news. This is better than i expected tbh.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Neat, a day after my birthday.

Glad to see I was wrong on it being another Twilight Princess.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Seems a little convient. That's the second time they have done something a day after something else happened.
I'd love an actual study on if leaks have ANY correlation to buying/not buying a game anyways.
My money would be on people buying the game if they planned to, whether or not they get spoiled. If you planned to buy LoU2, you're going to buy it regardless of what you read.