• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I know, I know. This is pathetic and sad, but it's the truth. Right now, I'm tired of everything. Tired and scared. And I just wanted to made a thread to tell game developers - if they read this - that there are people like me around the world that need your art sometimes. Sometimes it's not just a game to us. Sometimes it's a reason to be excited and keep living.

And to Naughty Dog, if any of these lovely bastards are reading this, we know things have been tough for you. We know you've suffered a lot and it sucks to be smashed by all these negativities that you've been receiving recently, and I just want you to know, we appreciate your hardwork and your honesty. I am happy to be alive, to have a chance to play Part II, and I can't wait for that moment when I can select "New Game".

Thanks for everything,

BoJack.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inappropriate commentary in a sensitive thread.
This is just sad. I hope you get meaning out of your life in more fulfilling ways.

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear you've found something to keep you going. Here's hoping you find another awesome thing to look forward to after that, and another, and another.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I'm too excited and really looking forward to the game.

But, keep your head up Bojack, even if things are abit shit right now, it'll get better

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
Games are therapeutic but you should find other ways to make yourself feel better in between! (cooking, working out, creative project, blah blah).

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Your reason for living probably shouldn't be a video game, man. Please talk to someone.
Video games are no substitute for therapy, but let me tell you man, sometimes it can be the most random stupid shit that gets you through tough periods. Maybe you've never been through that, but having something to look forward to is a thing to cherish, not something to look down on.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I know how you feel

You are playing some other game right now? Maybe you can find something to have fun until TLOU II hits

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get it. It's good to have something to look forward to and to keep you going, whatever it is.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited for The Last of Us 2.. and super gratefull that we have devs as dedicated as Naughty Dog too, just like you. But you sound like a person who might be depressed..and you should take that very seriously. There are ways to help yourself overcome it. Don't wait. Talk to someone.. Get help.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
You need to seek professional help. Gaming shouldnt be the only reason to keep living.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
This is just sad. I hope you get meaning out of your life in more fulfilling ways.
Your reason for living probably shouldn't be a video game, man. Please talk to someone.

Hey come on now theres no need for that...to each thier own eh? OP accepts its a bit silly but if anything can bring you joy in a time like this then you do you. Having sonething to look forward to during this pandemic can only be a good thing.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear that you identified joys in your life, but don't be afraid to reach out to a professional to discuss things. Happy Friday OP!

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
rushing to dunk on the dude who's struggling during a terrifying time for so many people across the globe is a dope ass look friends

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It's good that games provide you a place to escape to, even if it's a world as dreadful as The Last of Us', but, please, you haven't already, do seek a professional to help you find other things in live that give you a just as big, if not bigger, motivation to keep living. There is a plethora of things in life that give us purpose and sometimes we just can't see them without help, specially in times like these. So do seek help. Wish you the best!

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you need to seek out help, don't let everything else in the world bring you down.

Also i'm not too sure the realistic violent zombie game is going to cheer you up any further.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
On some level I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I have a lot of depressing thoughts. But each year I've thankfully found a game or two that had me thinking I need to keep trucking along to experience it and lift me up a bit and escape.

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you so much... thankfully i have a partner since many years, she is a big help.
games are wonderful, they helped me through many tough times

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
all these posts telling OP to seek help is really insensitive. do you think they don't realise this and aren't trying?

anyway i get how you feel. there have been many times i've thought about killing myself but i've held on just because i want to play a game or watch a new movie.

stay strong OP. yes get help of course because things WILL get better for you :) if you need to talk we're here :)

Feb 29, 2020
You should look for help, mate, I was where you are right now and that isn't a good thing.

Also I'm waiting for more info before getting the game... Ended up reading some spoilers that if they are really true, I won't even touch the game...

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Some of the responses in this thread really highlight the social ineptitude of some people on Resetera.

Anyway OP, I know the feeling (to an extent). I've been there. I'm also really looking forward to TLOU2 and I hope it entertains you and makes you feel better. Things will get better my friend, hang in there. If you ever need someone to vent to, my PM's are open.

Oct 27, 2017
There's PLENTY to live for dude. Yes, things are HARD right now. Yes people are struggling and dealing with situations and circumstances no one saw coming but do NOT let this defeat you man. Life has SO much to offer. We don't know the exact details of your situation but anyone that you can call a real friend or family member should be able to offer a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. And if that's not possible there are services that you can call for help. Stay strong, push forward, LIVE! This is only temporary man, it WILL get better!

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes life is a downer and it's the small things that keeps you going until it turns around, because it will. A game can be just that thing.. I hope you enjoy the game when it arrives =)

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Haven't played any games in about 8 months, and the last of us 2 is something I'm looking forward to on day 1.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
also people commenting about reading spoilers...WTF

OP has just said this is the game that they are looking forward to when life is shit and you have people saying "i won't even touch the game". talk of spoilers should not be in here. could you imagine if they are spoiled?