• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Doubtful, the kiss from the E3 trailer is already more passionate than any actual sex scene i've seen in a game just due to the animation making it look like two characters actually touching instead of weird puppet animation that you typically see with kissing scenes.
I'll give them that, it was done really damn well. Though depicting a full on makeout session and more physical stuff will be complicated, and ideally require a consultant.
I'm very hopeful that Naughty Dog wouldn't do that to us

If they do I'd be fucking livid
I've been prepared to be livid since E3 2018.
Is anyone expecting a happy ending?
No but I'm hoping for an optimistic ending that allows Ellie to have her happiness.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif
LMAO

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give them that, it was done really damn well. Though depicting a full on makeout session and more physical stuff will be complicated, and ideally require a consultant.

Sure, but i've always felt that the big problem with intimate scenes in games is down to animation. Games are good at making character look like they're touching each other when it comes to violence, but they do a really bad job at it when it comes to other interactions. And that's really highlighted with kissing. Kissing in games looks super fucking awkward because it doesn't look like the characters lips are actually touching at all. So it's unsurprising that games often times get faraway shots so it's not as obvious. If ND wants to do a sex scene, then I think they'll do it right. It's not going to be awkward at all.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
I recall reading a tweet from one of the animators expressing relief about having just completed one of the most difficult/complicated cutscene animations in the game. Something along those lines. So we will see. 👀

Oct 25, 2017
Probably already posted, but in the gameplay demo they showed you could see that female clicker's nipples. I guess that counts?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If you don't think Naughty Dog is killing off the love interest character, I don't know what to tell you.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder though, could a video game show a topless female character, even if the circumstances are strictly non sexual/sexualized, would it still be considered objectifying given that its a video game and it hasn't yet reached the level of prestige that film has in the public eye? Like if they show that part where ellie is topless from the front, even if the circumstances were very emotionally and narritivelu charged, would that create a lot controversy?

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Video games have way less nudity than TV. This was always bound to change as the medium matures. Only natural TLOU continues leading the way artistically.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
If there is someone that I would trust would do justice to scenes like this it would be ND, so I hope I am not disappointed.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At a guess it would be nudity outside of a sexual context, like someone being tortured in the background or something.

Incidentally, The Order 1886 had a completely random naked guy with penis in full view IIRC. This stuff happens in M rated games, it's not that big a deal

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Not feeling the whole mature thing on this game...

First, they claim the extreme violence has a context. Now nudity and sexual themes.

I do trust Naughty Dog, but this is starting to feel like... too much I guess....

In the meantime... let's wait and see what Druckman is about to do.
Why? There is nothing special about it. I don't understand all of the concern trolling. There lots of great games that have just as explicit violence and definitely more explicit nudity than what will be portrayed here.

Since when is it suddenly an issue when a Naughty Dog game is going to do it.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Naughty Dog will redefine the sex mini games so crudely introduced by God of War.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I just hope the last trailer was edited to be misleading.

Jeff Gerstmann mentioned a while back on the Bombcast that ND was being cagey about what exactly the "bad thing" that sets Ellie off is, despite the trailers very heavily implying that someone kills Dina. It's like when you read a plot synopsis for a movie and it says X character is "presumably dead." You know they wouldn't bother with the adverb if they were actually dead.

My prediction: Dina actually betrays their camp (maybe working all along for another camp/group). In the latest trailer, it's Dina who is about to shoot someone, not the other way around, and Ellie's actually begging her to stop. Ellie falling for someone, only for them to turn around and murder a friend sure seems like the makings of a good revenge tale.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Jeff Gerstmann mentioned a while back on the Bombcast that ND was being cagey about what exactly the "bad thing" that sets Ellie off is, despite the trailers very heavily implying that someone kills Dina. It's like when you read a plot synopsis for a movie and it says X character is "presumably dead." You know they wouldn't bother with the adverb if they were actually dead.

My prediction: Dina actually betrays their camp (maybe working all along for another camp/group). In the latest trailer, it's Dina who is about to shoot someone, not the other way around, and Ellie's actually begging her to stop. Ellie falling for someone, only for them to turn around and murder a friend sure seems like the makings of a good revenge tale.
Tommy also finds his way to Seattle in the second demo the press got to play. I have a feeling whoever gets hurt or killed impacts more than just Ellie.

Apr 27, 2018

That would be a very interesting twist. I hope you're right.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017

This speculation always appears in such threads, while it would be unprecedented (I think) I'm not a fan.
Tommy also finds his way to Seattle in the second demo the press got to play. I have a feeling whoever gets hurt or killed impacts more than just Ellie.
Oh shit. That further supports my hunch that Ellie's revenge is all tethered to Joel. The way he sneaks up on Ellie in the trailer and talks to her, led me to speculate he's not really there.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If Dina doesn't die or stab Ellie in the back, my prediction is
that Ellie is going to tell her to stay at the settlement to keep it safe, intentionally push her away to keep her safe, or not tell her that she is leaving. At some point in the journey, Dina will rejoin her and basically knock sense into her ala Elena and Drake. I'd like to see that dynamic with a lady couple.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
This speculation always appears in such threads, while it would be unprecedented (I think) I'm not a fan.

Oh shit. That further supports my hunch that Ellie's revenge is all tethered to Joel. The way he sneaks up on Ellie in the trailer and talks to her, led me to speculate as much.

I don't follow. Tethered how?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Good thing I particularly don't care about it, as long the game's fun.

Granted I have to 'see' these nudity & sexual contents first; whether they're 'good' or not.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
From some of the pre-release footage we've seen through trailers, I fear that it's not the kind of nudity or sexual content that will be even remotely comfortable to witness.

Yeah, with the grim tone and ambiance of everything they are probably doubling down on the Winter season scene in TLoU...

But.... could you imagine ND pulling off a well coreographed & passionate, lesbian love scene in a major AAA game? Talk about progressive; lets see the balls ND!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i dont think it'll be much more than what was shown in the trailers, but if it is, then i trust ND to do it tastefully