• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Big spoilers in the trailer, so avoid if you haven't completed the game

Have you ever wondered what The Last of Us Part II would look like as a cel-shaded adventure or if it was made in the retro 8-bit era? How about if it was a black and white noir thriller or sepia-toned classic? With this week's update, we're adding nearly 30 new graphics rendering modes, as well as several new audio modifiers that allow you to change the look and feel of the game.

We're also debuting new unlockable gameplay modifiers, like One Shot or Touch of Death that enable one-hit kills or Infinite Ammo, Infinite Crafting, or Infinite Listen Mode Range to add a new twist to gameplay:

• Mirror World
  • Mirror on Death
  • Slow Motion
  • Bullet Speed mode
  • Infinite Ammo
  • Infinite Crafting
  • Infinite Melee Durability
  • Infinite Listen mode Range
  • One Shot
  • Touch of Death
  • 8-bit Audio
  • 4-bit Audio
  • Helium Audio
  • Xenon Audio
All of these modifiers can be accessed via the Extras menu and unlocked after completing the game.

Alongside these new modes, we're excited to introduce a number of frequently requested improvements to the game, including the option to disable Listen Mode, adjust Film Grain levels, additional display options, improvements to accessibility features, and more. For our friends in the speedrunning community, we're also adding the ability to see playtime up to the second in the saves menu, making it easier to track and verify your runs. Here's a quick overview of the new features that will be added with the Grounded update:

• Saves now display playtime up to the second
  • Film Grain Adjustment option
  • Disable Listen Mode option
  • Motion Sensor Function Aiming option
  • Arc Throw HUD Display option
  • Aiming Acceleration Scale option
  • Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
  • Accessibility improvements to Ground Zero encounter, collectible tracking, Enhanced Listen Mode for collectibles, and rope gameplay

Last edited:

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
just fyi the trailer is quite spoilery so if you havent played the game yet and dont want to have certain things spoiled i wouldn't watch it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite crafting! Holy shit.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
50210569602_ff90b1bd21_o.jpg

"Captured from PS4 Pro" 🥴

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yo! They're adding gyro, listen mode toggle and a slider for the film grain effect!? DAMN! That's great stuff!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Film Grain can be adjusted

New options and improvements
Alongside these new modes, we're excited to introduce a number of frequently requested improvements to the game, including the option to disable Listen Mode, adjust Film Grain levels, additional display options, improvements to accessibility features, and more. For our friends in the speedrunning community, we're also adding the ability to see playtime up to the second in the saves menu, making it easier to track and verify your runs. Here's a quick overview of the new features that will be added with the Grounded update:

• Saves now display playtime up to the second
  • Film Grain Adjustment option
  • Disable Listen Mode option
  • Motion Sensor Function Aiming option
  • Arc Throw HUD Display option
  • Aiming Acceleration Scale option
  • Aiming Ramp Power Scale option
  • Accessibility improvements to Ground Zero encounter, collectible tracking, Enhanced Listen Mode for collectibles, and rope gameplay
We hope you enjoy everything coming

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand a film grain toggle! That should please some people.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh wow some of these updates are really great...film grain adjustment mode! Unlimited ammo, crafting and melee durability! Is it already time for another play through?? lol

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for the Listen Mode toggle, I was frustrated that wasn't in the game day one and has forced usage in the tutorial.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Holy shit!
It's time to go all Rambo on this game!

Most customizable singleplayer game of all time? I mean...is there anything missing? lmao

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Already played the game twice to platinum it so I don't think I'll be revisiting again anytime soon

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Film Grain Adjustment option

Yo. That's what's up

They also mention that Grounded and Permadeath mode disable modifiers. Presumably that'll include the slow motion modifier but I wonder if you could still use the accessibility stuff (including that slowmo) to cheese them

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
NG+ combined with Infinite ammo means I can try a 100% bow run. I think some encounters would be impossible but having the option is amazing.