• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Really crazy!
TLOU 2 completion rate is now 60%
Lt99XzX_d.webp

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
im 1 of the 40% that bought the game but haven't played it yet because i haven't beaten the first game yet.

is that the highest completed game for ps4?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That's a really high completion rate for any game, let alone one as long as TLOU2. I think the Accessibility options helped a great deal towards this, it's good that the difficulty is so flexible and rewarding for core gamers and casual players alike :)

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely pretty high, even more impressive considering how lengthy the game is.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game, I'm glad people are experiencing it whole.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Interesting. What was the completion rate for TLOU 1? Though I suppose that's been warped by now, since the game was given out on PS Plus.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously I have beaten it 3 times. It's easily my GOTG and If it gets a PS5 patch I'm also there day 1 for another go round.
I even still get goosebumps every time I hear future days, such an amazing song

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
im 1 of the 40% that bought the game but haven't played it yet because i haven't beaten the first game yet.

Resident Evil 3 is technically higher; the trophy for beating the final boss, on any difficulty, is something near 75% I think, but there's no trophy on beating the game on Easy. Going by strictly completion trophy stats, RE3 is still lower, but it's safe to assume virtually everyone to beat the last boss played the next 3 minutes and finished the game.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped it since I figured I was wasting my time due to the inevitable PS5 version. Not that I was enjoying it that much anyways. I'll probably check it out when the upgrade is cheap.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Love to see it. One of the best games I played this generation.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Seriously I have beaten it 3 times. It's easily my GOTG and If it gets a PS5 patch I'm also there day 1 for another go round.
I even still get goosebumps every time I hear future days, such an amazing song

You and me both !

(well maybe I have to wait for a new Television a bit longer, but each day I pray that TLOU2 gets a great PS5 patch)

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
It already was at 50%. Now it has a pretty good margin of about 11% more than the second place. Incredible.
last time someone posted about the trophy percentage people were pointing out that there's other games with higher percentages, i think i found 5 or 6 on my list that were between 65-75%

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
honestly psn trophies are so depressing when it comes to games that give you trophies for completing each chapter or story mission or w/e because so many of them are like "completed chapter 1 - 32%, completed chapter 2 - 29%, completed chapter 3 - 4%"

but i suppose the trophies that are like "engaged with a basic gameplay system shown to you in the first hour of the game - 20%" are even more depressing? do devs feel disheartened when they see these rates? does it effect how they go about developing future titles?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
yes. next is FF7R which is sitting around 54%, also crazy.
I feel like quarantine may have pushed up completion rates for certain titles

21% of people that have played Persona 5 Royal have platinumed it, including me, which took 122 hours and I didn't even look at the trophy list...

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Pretty crazy. Especially since you'd assume a big game like that would continue to sell well, and newer players would constantly be starting it and lower the percentage.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Say what you want about achievements and trophies, but stuff like this I find interesting and wish Nintendo also included them for this very reason.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
That's a really high completion rate for any game, let alone one as long as TLOU2. I think the Accessibility options helped a great deal towards this, it's good that the difficulty is so flexible and rewarding for core gamers and casual players alike :)
Reason why games need to be made more accessible.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So much for "record breaking return rates".
Game is so awful that people painfully force themselves to sit down and play for 30 hours.
Neil must have ND ninjas coming into everyone's house doing

tenor.gif

J75

Sep 29, 2018
So good. Hopefully the amazing accessibility features contributed to the percentage being so high.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I feel like quarantine may have pushed up completion rates for certain titles

25% of people that have played Persona 5 Royal have platinumed it, including me, which took 122 hours and I wasn't even going for it...

I think with P5R its more likely the case that the core fanbase are the ones buying it.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Not really impressive if you consider the game bombed and sold only few copies to people who were gonna complete it anyway. You can't fool me, ND.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
But i though everyone was returning it after the first few hours?
I'm confused era.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That seems impressively high, especially for a game that has sold as well as it has, and is as long as it is too.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I think with P5R its more likely the case that the core fanbase are the ones buying it.
Yeah that is likely

With Final Fantasy, that's obviously a much anticipated title so 54% isn't a major stretch but it's still high.

13% of people platinumed Ghosts of Tsushima and that probably takes around 40-45 hours to 100% so it feels like people are more engaged with games atm

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
I can't imagine someone stopping in the middle.

Probably the most emotionally impactful game I played in my life.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Get woke, go.. and see an overwhelming amount of people engage with and complete your game.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

If you haven't booted it yet, you're not part of the 40%.
Not really impressive if you consider the game bombed and sold only few copies to people who were gonna complete it anyway. You can't fool me, ND.
Naughty Dog buying copies and playing through on multiple accounts to boost those numbers.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Such a fantastic experience.

If the game isn't your cup of tea that's fine but the constant trying to make this game out as a failure is annoying.

60% completion rate? Yeah people must reaaaally hate it...

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive, particularly because the length and certain aspects can really deter people but Naughty Dog crafted something truly compelling and quality.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably impossible (for blind people especially) to drop the pad when Mac Quayle's music keeps you so invested in the game till you can experience moments composed by Gustavo Santaolalla.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's probably impossible (for blind people especially) to drop the pad when Mac Quayle's music keeps you so invested in the game till you can experience moments composed by Gustavo Santaolalla.

Most effective and tense game soundtrack ever. Good lord the "thumping" in that theater fight had my girlfriend and I completely SHOOK.