• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week) - Conspiracy Theories
This feels planned because of the next gen consoles. The pandemic makes it easier to hide.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Probably we'll get it in the tail end of summer.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe MANY are actually believing this is delayed till PS5.

This will be released on PS4 before the launch of PS5 ( my bet is September ).

The game is almost complete and made from the ground up for PS4, a console with already 100M+ userbase.

PS5 (ALREADY) have it's own launch line up of games build just to show off the console powers.

PS5 is BC with PS4.. a patch is all what it needs.

SONY did this literally every single generation they had.. releasing exclusives on their last few months of their console life before the release of next, but apparently people keep forgetting that this is normal situation for the company.

josemirr93

May 20, 2018
I'm sorry but I can't fully understand the decision. Obviously we are f***ed due the covid-19 (I'm spanish, we know how hard can be...), but the reasons themselves sounds difficult to understand for me. They could release the digital version at least. Logistics... If they want to protect their workers I totally agree, but logistics... And there is not a possible date! Nothing! I really hope the game will be run smooth and fine on PS4. Smells a lot of PS5 here and I don't like at all. We'll see.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it coming.
PassionateFondChuckwalla-size_restricted.gif

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
This one really hurts. I bought a PS4 for this after E3 2018 and it's been my most anticipated game since then, despite my constant worries how the story will handle queer rep. With all the shit going on in the world and my life, looking forward to this at the end of May has been a way to cope (not my only one of course).

T0MBraider

Banned
Mar 4, 2020
Things are bad at the moment, but they're going to get magnitudes worse. I can't see the game being released for at least a year, new consoles are also not coming out this year either - no fucking way.

It sucks because there's really not much else to do in these lockdowns, entertainment is pretty essential to keeping people inside and happy.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I get it. But damm. I was legitimately looking forward to it, thinking I will for sure have at least a cpuple of weeks of something that will make me not think about the virus as much, TLOU made me think for months after I played it.

Well instead of a coping thing it will be a celebration of the end of lockdown thing.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Things are bad at the moment, but they're going to get magnitudes worse. I can't see the game being released for at least a year, new consoles are also not coming out this year either - no fucking way.
What? The game will absolutely be out this year. We're going to be over the peak within a month; that's not going to push all entermainment out a year. Delays will be a matter of months, not a year+.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
"The game is done, we just don't want to launch it cause of logistics."

That has to be a pretty disappointing reasoning for the delay. The game can be distributed to the whole world over the internet. The logistics for a big, successful launch are already in place.
It's not that simple.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I feel less interested in playing a PS4 game this fall when the PS5 comes out (if it doesn't get delayed too). This seems so strange when digital sales have already overtaken physical disc sales during non-pandemic times.

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
What? The game will absolutely be out this year. We're going to be over the peak within a month; that's not going to push all entermainment out a year. Delays will be a matter of months, not a year+.
A month. Please educate yourself. Shit ain't getting back to normal in a month. Multiples of months to try get a grip on the virus or for us to at least get a better understanding on how to get society functioning at any type of normalcy. People who have already had it moving freely etc whilst those who have not still on lock down. Something along those lines. Massive delays in not just programming but in manufacture, distribution and sales. Months.

But we are talking years minimum to turnaround what this is going to do to economies. We could be heading for a depression.

I'm not scaremongering, people should prepare for big disruption for more than a matter of months.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
aoJEaJS.jpg

Heh. Kinda reminds me of Necrobarista.

Been floating around the top of my Most Wanted list since it was announced over 3 years ago and still hasn't released.

Same thing happened with No Truce With The Furies / Disco Elysium. It was originally slated for 2017 and didn't actually launch until late 2019. That was was actually at the top of my most anticipated list for years.

Oddly, these types of delays don't bother me at all. I still don't have enough time to enjoy all the games I own as it is, let alone all the other gems out there waiting to be experienced.

I just focus on the here and now. Enjoy what's sitting in front of me. The rest will come in time.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
And people thought it was crazy for Nintendo to release Xenoblade Chronicles against TLOU2.

... Actually no, a lot of people said there was no way Sony was actually releasing TLOU2 then. Lol.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that sucks, I guess it's going to be a 3-6 month delay depending on how things transpire in the next few months.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
A month. Please educate yourself. Shit ain't getting back to normal in a month.
That's why I wrote, "We're going to be over the peak within a month" and not "everything will be back to normal in a month." I say we'll be over the peak within the month because it is the case that we're currently on track to see the virus peak later this month. That's why I wrote that. So please read what you're actually responding to.

yes it will take several months for businesses and economies to start swinging back to something approaching normalcy. Even when quarantine orders, lift many public places will likely limit attendance to certain limits for a while and have people trickle back in, than return in droves all at once. Supply chains will be in varying conditions depending on how the virus tapers through different countries at different rates. But that doesn't mean society is going to be shut down as it is for the next year or so, which is what many people on this forum continue to peddle despite no evidence to that point.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm so bummed about this. I was starting to get hyped again cause we were getting the game next month. Felt right around the corner.

Oct 27, 2017
What percentage are digital sales for a game like this? I thought it would be high enough to release despite any physical shortages.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
This does not bode well for PS5 and XSX. And I don't really care how confident Sony and Microsoft have recently been in reiterating that the next generation consoles are Holiday releases. These companies are always confident up until they get to the ledge. And I'm not blaming them, I'm just not optimistic.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm super late to the party on this news it seems but its not that surprising considering the state of the world at the moment. I just got furloughed as well so would have had time to sink into the game. Ah well.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
"The game is done, we just don't want to launch it cause of logistics."

That has to be a pretty disappointing reasoning for the delay. The game can be distributed to the whole world over the internet. The logistics for a big, successful launch are already in place.

I'm baffled that people think that there's just a big button that Sony can press to launch a multimillion dollar game. Which just goes to show how seamlessly everything works together that people don't realise how much work goes into this.