• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Did naughty dog really think that TLOU part 2 is The Godfather part 2 of videogames?

It's fine for devs to be proud of their work but jeez...calm down a little on the placement of the pedestal.

But I guess it's award season so it make sense I guess.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Abby was such a brilliant part of the game and honestly did a lot more for feelings of representation than people might assume.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I know. To thanks the support, they release a trailer. Makes sense, lol.

Anyway, hope to see PS5 version and Faction mode soon.

its to attract new players just in time for holidays season? Also, Abby is a fucking big and important character and she wasnt in their trailers at all. They wanted to shine spotlight on her. Plus, its awards season... new trailer might help voters to rememeber how great it was... various media outlets are going to write about the trailer - new players.

I dont understand how all that doesnt make a sense for you.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
718.gif

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Abby is an interesting character. I would have liked some more unique moves in her arsenal, like picking up 2 clickers and smashing their heads together.

And yes, Naughty Dog, please give an update on multiplayer/PS5 version, whatever. I already platinumed the game but I want more.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Title is very misleading. Made me believe this is a story DLC announcement or something. Nothing here to see. Time to move on

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
yeah, those graphics still look ridiculous.
Yep looks better than any next-gen game out yet or announced.

Spoiling the story with a new trailer isn't great imo.

Annoucing it without a PS5 patch or multiplayer announcement is weird, they want to be on the radar before The Game Awards? Scared of Hades ? :-D

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
How odd, a trailer this late after release and Abby's part in the story is a a surprise for everyone playing for the first time. This seems a trailer for those that have played it already.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Worth remembering that, just because people on this site may have already played and beaten the game, it's still an important title in Sony's software portfolio and it makes sense to give it a second push before Christmas -- especially when it's poised to win a lot of awards.

Also, this is the first time they've publicly acknowledged these aspects of the story.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a weird trailer to release right now… it's perfectly good but isn't something a new player should watch.
For everyone who's already played its just there? They must know everyone would be expecting some news to go with a new trailer.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Still have mixed feelings on Abby, which I guess shows they did a good job in making me at least sympathetic to a character I initially hated because of what she did. Excited to do a second play-through on PS5 when an upgrade patch is released (it's gotta happen, right?)

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Abby is just the best. Up there with Joel for me as the franchise's best character.

May 17, 2018
Worth remembering that, just because people on this site may have already played and beaten the game, it's still an important title in Sony's software portfolio and it makes sense to give it a second push before Christmas -- especially when it's poised to win a lot of awards.

Also, this is the first time they've publicly acknowledged these aspects of the story.

Yeah, at first I felt like it was a weird time for this trailer, but, it's almost like a games version of For Your Consideration.

Plum

May 31, 2018

But then why give it another market push with a trailer that just spoils most of the game's biggest reveals?

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Sony has essentially kept Abby as a secret? They probably want to promote her in merch and etc.

Also the first trailer that acknowledges the BIG SECRET in the game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing trailer. This might very well be the grimmest and saddest game ever made. Also, the violence and action in this game are so fucking intense and it certainly is among the best playing 3rd-Person-Games ever made. The tech behind the game is also unmatched. There might be games that are better in certain territories, but there is no game where everything comes together so well.

Game of the Gen.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Is multiplayer getting a complete overhaul or something?

Went form planned release at launch to no updates since February?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This honestly feels like a stealth 'For Your Consideration' trailer to game publications now that the GOTY season is rolling in lol
Here come the conspiracy theories, lol.

It's totally not just that they wanted to wait to have a trailer for a big spoiler thing in the game.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Probably the most random trailer in some time if we don't get MP or enhancements anytime soon

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Cool trailer but if you haven't played the game yet that's one of the most spoilery trailers I've ever seen.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Did naughty dog really think that TLOU part 2 is The Godfather part 2 of videogames?

It's fine for devs to be proud of their work but jeez...calm down a little on the placement of the pedestal.

But I guess it's award season so it make sense I guess.
So having a trailer on youtube for a game is putting it on a pedestal now? What is with this thread?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Would be cool to see some ray tracing on ps5 for this game.

Some scenes are lit a little flat, outside of cutscenes anyway

Plum

May 31, 2018
Here come the conspiracy theories, lol.

It's totally not just that they wanted to wait to have a trailer for a big spoiler thing in the game.

OK, but why call out me specifically and not the other people saying the same thing but without the 'lol' at the end (to signify a joke)?

Yeah, at first I felt like it was a weird time for this trailer, but, it's almost like a games version of For Your Consideration.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Random Wednesday, but hey, I'm not gonna complain about another Part 2 trailer, especially with that amazing soundtrack from Mac Quayle. I wonder if there really will be a Part 2 related reveal at TGA. Maybe?
Also, holy fuck do those graphics hold up so well, wow.