• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 14, 2018
Hello everyone, I present you with many fake spoilers that were largely made up piggybacking off real leaked footage. This is what was going on in the spoiler thread for about 7 or 8 weeks, let us laugh at people getting got by 4chan. I think the leaked footage was ultimately taken down by Sony or I just can't be bothered to look for it but for reference these are the things shown in the leaked footage:

Joel's death scene
Boss fight vs Ellie
Abby winning said boss fight and beating up Ellie & Dina
Intro between Joel and Tommy
Flashback were Joel and Ellie find the teenagers in the hotel
Abby shooting marks with Owen
Scene where Ellie leaves Dina near the end
Abby and Lev arriving at the street where they look for fireflies

Among some other cuts of gameplay and such, including something that looked a lot like Factions. Now, this real leaked footage was turned into the following:

www.resetera.com

The Last of Us Part II - Spoiler Thread

So we have like 3 supposed leaks now lol.I'll try to make a rough summary of the most important points of each one: Leak #1(Reddit leak I) -It states that Tommy is mad at Joel for the events of the first game,which,according to what we've seen,is false. -At some point you try to rescue Jesse...

www.resetera.com

The Last of Us Part II - Spoiler Thread

Only bits of this new summary were posted, but this is probably how the last stretch of the game will play out. OP also says game is around 33 hours. Thread had 11 posts before being archived. Source: /v/thread/506856035 I had to write this all out since OP had all this text in images lmao...

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I actively avoided the spoiler leak, obviously, but now I can see quite a lot of content did indeed leak. :o

Will be fun going through the fake leaks now, thanks for rounding them up.

Aldro

Jun 5, 2020
Sweden
Wow all of these sound terrible. Serves people right for seeking spoilers. A lot of the plot is in there but they always turn into fanfic lol. Real shame it tainted many peoples opinion about the game and they refused to give it a fair chance.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
I spoiled myself on everything.

Didn't affect my enjoyment beyond the "who is abby" thing. I feel like I would have liked the game a lot less if I wasn't spoiled?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So people saw all of this out of context & some fake stuff was thrown in there as well. No wonder kept saying "it's a video game. you have to it." I hate that this got leaked, but I'm happy I avoided them.

Mar 23, 2018
I feel like it's possible that RegularTester reddit post was from someone who didn't play it close to release and had a alternate plot points? Idk but it's like 90% right but 10% wrong so it's interesting.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Where did the "Mario golf!" thing come from? I know Mario never beat anyone with a golf club lol, but did the haters saying that just think "MARIO!" when they saw a golf club because they are obsessed with the franchise? I really dont get the connection

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I got absolutely crucified in the comments to our video review for stating that some of the leaks weren't accurate, and that if you were basing your decision not to play the game on those leaks you were an idiot.

Absolutely stand by those comments - And my point was 100% proven by some of the comments that were left!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The people who believed Abby was trans 100% deserve some fucking side eye. Or hell, the people who believed these leaks in general. Shameful.

Oct 27, 2017
The first reddit post refers back to the spoiler thread here. Incredible.

I had no idea what had leaked, but seeing where people's minds went with it is fascinating. Unbelievably incorrect, too.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
I feel like it's possible that RegularTester reddit post was from someone who didn't play it close to release and had a alternate plot points? Idk but it's like 90% right but 10% wrong so it's interesting.
He has the structure mostly right which is interesting but the actual plot points are outta whack.
  • The game begins with you playing as Joel. During the patrol mission, Tommy and Joel kill a group of Fireflies and Tommy begins to wonder why they're after him.
  • Lev's life is spared after making a promise to Yara.
  • The Epilogue ends with Ellie finding the remaining members of the Fireflies.
  • A familiar face from the Fireflies return. This will make you question everything.
  • The game ends with a Seraphite killing Dina. This is the Cycle of Violence that never ends.
It does sound a bit too good for a guess though, structure wise. But these plot points I'm not sure were ever real? Like I really doubt it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He has the structure mostly right which is interesting but the actual plot points are outta whack.
  • The game begins with you playing as Joel. During the patrol mission, Tommy and Joel kill a group of Fireflies and Tommy begins to wonder why they're after him.
  • Lev's life is spared after making a promise to Yara.
  • The Epilogue ends with Ellie finding the remaining members of the Fireflies.
  • A familiar face from the Fireflies return. This will make you question everything.
  • The game ends with a Seraphite killing Dina. This is the Cycle of Violence that never ends.
It does sound a bit too good for a guess though, structure wise. But these plot points I'm not sure were ever real? Like I really doubt it.
Anything not included in the video files from ND's servers was fake.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Those leaks are kinda if you watched the game while making dinner, and also you're missing an eye and the game is in a different language.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
I think the spoiler is one of the biggest factors contributed to the early freakout and backlash, especially the Joel's scene.
And era's spoiler thread spoiled 80%~90% of the game's critical twists and plots before the released,(except for the ending).lul.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
Well of course but some people were really observant of the leaks and guessed a lot. But for example this one says Ellie kills Abby "unexpectedly" and I doubt ND would ever have that happen without proper set up and payoff. Like the plot points are a mess but they interpreted the footage well enough to get the structure sort of in place which is a lot more than most other fake leaks that just threw shit at the wall.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I spoiled myself on everything.

Didn't affect my enjoyment beyond the "who is abby" thing. I feel like I would have liked the game a lot less if I wasn't spoiled?
Honestly, the only major spoiler is
Joel dying
- and that happens so early in the game that it really really doesn't matter all that much.

Like, the fact that you get to
play as Abby
is made abundantly clear even at the beginning.

So even if you were spoiled about these two facts, roughly 2 hours into the game, you were kind of on equal footing with everyone else.

The people who believed Abby was trans 100% deserve some fucking side eye. Or hell, the people who believed these leaks in general. Shameful.

But but but ... woman with strong arms....!!!!

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
What about this:

imgur.com

Archived 4chan TLoU Plot Leak Thread

Post with 34231 views. Archived 4chan TLoU Plot Leak Thread
Oh my god I completely forgot this one

giphy.gif

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
All of these fake leaks are worse than what we got. I'm also now wondering any reviewer who said the story could have been better on how they prefer the story go

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
The level of vitriol online about the game, leaks or not, is absolutely disgusting. You can criticise a game, but to actively send hateful messages to people involved in the game is something I think we've never seen to this level in this industry.

I've also noticed that for people like myself who loved the game, it's hard to actually just praise the game without someone else coming in and really trying to change your opinion. It's quite disgusting.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
The level of vitriol online about the game, leaks or not, is absolutely disgusting. You can criticise a game, but to actively send hateful messages to people involved in the game is something I think we've never seen to this level in this industry.
Neil says in the Kinda funny podcast how people are sending Laura hate because of her fictional character, it's so sad to see such toxicity.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018
God am I glad I had the basic restraint to not read any of the leaks and spoilers beforehand and just went in blind.

Some of the hate the game is still getting mostly from people who still haven't played the game is...hooo boy!

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Would Abby have been hated less if she was a "normal" bodied woman?
I have a feeling people would have said it's unrealistic that she could beat or kill someone if she had a "traditional" body and they'd then actually argue for her current look lol

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
Would Abby have been hated less if she was a "normal" bodied woman?
I have a feeling people would have said it's unrealistic that she could beat or kill someone if she had a "traditional" body and they'd then actually argue for her current look lol
I took a dumpster dive to 4chan when I was disproving one of the "leaks" and it was 99% transphobic memes about Abby, I think her body was a big part of the backlash which is 10 different kinds of gross.

And the thing is, this is gaming's audience: those people. Like there's a lot of talk of video games growing up as a medium and doing different things or getting on the level of film or literature or whatever and it's like... not as long as this is the audience it's not happening. These are emotionally stunted people, the game was never going to land with them leaks or not.

It's why there's so much lowest common denominator designed by committee wish fulfillment male power fantasy stuff, that's what gaming's audience wants so that's what we get. And when it's something different this happens.

I really appreciate what ND did with this game and while I doubt most other developers will follow suit this game makes me look forward to their future projects.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
I took a dumpster dive to 4chan when I was disproving one of the "leaks" and it was 99% transphobic memes about Abby, I think her body was a big part of the backlash which is 10 different kinds of gross.

And the thing is, this is gaming's audience: those people. Like there's a lot of talk of video games growing up as a medium and doing different things or getting on the level of film or literature or whatever and it's like... not as long as this is the audience it's not happening. These are emotionally stunted people, the game was never going to land with them leaks or not.

It's why there's so much lowest common denominator designed by committee wish fulfillment male power fantasy stuff, that's what gaming's audience wants so that's what we get. And when it's something different this happens.

I really appreciate what ND did with this game and while I doubt most other developers will follow suit this game makes me look forward to their future projects.
100% agree.
You see people gushing over games that have generic no-character characters with cheezy and toxic interactions. But when a game attempts to make well written, designed, and humanized characters, we get people trying to burn it down.

The simple truth is that this industry's core audience deserves shitty generic characters and shallow no-effort story telling.

I hope this game sells a crap ton regardless.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looool @ some of those fake synopses

this one in particular had me cracking up

FULL PLOT OF TLOU2 (I think)

I know this will get downvoted as hell, but should read this. I've spoken to certain person here in reddit who claims to know the full story of this game, and he might actually know it. His user is u/Danielhammond147

Has has told me a few details in certain scenes that are to specific and that makes me believe all of what he has told me may be true (that or that he has a lot of imagination, but he has told me things that fit some of the new images from the new trailer) . You should at least give him a try and listen to him. If he turns out to be trolling us at least it will be fun reading all he tells you and considering it at least as a theory. Please give him a try, he does not look like a troll and it isn't ND damage control in case he turns out to know the real plot of the game because he isn't happy with everything on the game and some decision Neil has taken. Go ask him whatever you want to know about the plot and see if he responds in a convincing way. If you have the time to be here reading theories and watching memes you should dm him. You can talk with him while you see the sub, so you won't waste much time. Thanks for reading fellers. GO SPEAK WITH HIM

"we then go back to Abby as her and Lev scout a nearby hospital for supplies as they need to amputate Yara's arm, they gather the supplies and kill a few infected, the two pass by Jesse's body near the road, although Abby doesn't recognise this signifies to the play that Abby and Ellie are not far away from each other, they unsuccessfully amputate Yara's arm and end up having to leave her to the infected as Abby and Lev run away"

A very little piece of our conversation. Too much details. If people are considering that "familiar face" stuff they should definetly consider this guy's story. Bye!

Edit: I'll leave here the full plot since you guys asked. Would you guys consider sharing this please?

First of all,the leaks are true but the game doesnt seem to be as bad as people claim though it is a bit disappointing even for him, it is an ok story. May give it a chance to check if this is true honestly. He has told me he hates things such as playing as Abby to beat the shit out of Ellie and literally everyone in the dev team hated it but Neil insisted.

the game opens with you playing as Joel as he recaps the ending of the last game to Tommy, later you meet Ellie and play guitar for her before she heads to sleep, it then flashes forward to 6 years later while Ellie is in bed with DinaYou go through a general routine in Jackson, getting ready, having breakfast with Dina etc, before Jesse dispatches you and Dina on your first patrol mission, you do these for about 5 hours in order to get the player to care about Ellie and Dina's relationshipafter returning from a patrol Jesse explains Tommy has been kidnapped by bandits and they have to rescue him, Ellie, Dina and Jesse head out together, but Joel stops her before she leaves the house (that's where his scene from the release date trailer comes from)The 4 get caught in a blizzard and separate, Ellie manages to find Joel's horse outside a cabin, she heads inside and down to the basement where we see Abby beating Joel with a golf club and Tommy unconscious across from him, Abby caves in Joel's skull and Ellie's hearing and sight gets fuzzy while we transition to a flashback from her and Joel's adventures (these happen many times throughout the game)

Abby and her crew then leave and Jesse and Dinah rescue Ellie and Tommy, while Ellie is unconscious we get our first flashback to Abby's past, we see her in her room playing with other children and being supervised by a guard when gunshots go off from Joel killing the guards in the other part of the building, (the scene is intentionally reminiscent of a school shooting as you watch the security guard force the children to hide while he stacks chairs against the door) later he leaves and you make your way to the operating room where you find your father deadit transitions back to Abby's perspective during Joel's death before once again cutting to a flashback of her first day in Seattle, as she makes her way through the building as her and another member of the group are told to go out on guard duty, (I didn't see much of the parts with Abby as we were told to omit her entirely from the marketing even after the leaks so I have less info on her bits then the rest of the game, but the rumours about you hunting down Ellie as her are completely false, you spend roughly 70% of the game as Ellie and around 30% as Abby, her missions are entirely devoted to trying to make you feel sympathy for her and relate)

Ellie wakes up after Abby's level and she immediately runs to Jesse telling him they need to go to war, Jesse explains they can't do that as they need to protect the people of Jackson despite Ellie's wishes, then Ellie tells him that she's going to hunt down all of Abby's group, when she gets back to her house Tommy comes in and tries to talk her out of getting revenge, Ellie gets angry at Tommy and tries to provoke anger with him and tells him to come with her but he refuses, the next day Ellie takes a horse and leaves with Dina

we spend time with Ellie and Dina travelling to the city before are they are attacked by Seraphites and forced into a tunnel filled with infected, Jesse then comes and rescues Ellie and the two set off to find Dina

other then the patrol missions, the small free roam sections and the tunnel scene the infected barely appear, the main feature is that when you get into a gunfight with an enemy the gunfire will draw them to you and you'll have to deal with them as well as the enemy

anyway you switch back to Abby after this and her and her partner are trying out some kind of mini carnival he's created, they shoot arrows at targets and after the two end up having sex, then we go back to Ellie and Jesse where they've managed to find a car and a following down Dina, the seraphites are holding her in an abandoned building, where Jesse and Ellie sneak through and rescue Dinah before they can kill her, the three are separated and you play through the scene from the first gameplay trailer where Ellie sneaks through the forest looking for Jesse and Dina, Ellie finds the two and just as they are about to escape the seraphites discover them and begin a shootout, Jesse is shot in the throat during this and bleeds out, Ellie and Dina are forced to leave his body and escape barely with their lives

we once again transition back to Abby as her and her boyfriend are patrolling the two get ambushed by seraphites, her boyfriend escapes while Abby is taken captive by them, this is where Abby's trailer plays out, after she is cut down from the noose by Lev the screen cuts to black as she swings the hammer at the clicker, we go back to Ellie as she finds herself at a building filled with Abby's people, her and Dina massacre their way through their before Ellie recognises Abby's boyfriend and unsuccessfully attempts to interrogate him before he dies

we then go back to Abby as her and Lev scout a nearby hospital for supplies as they need to amputate Yara's arm, they gather the supplies and kill a few infected, the two pass by Jesse's body near the road, although Abby doesn't recognise this signifies to the play that Abby and Ellie are not far away from each other, they unsuccessfully amputate Yara's arm and end up having to leave her to the infected as Abby and Lev run away

we go back to Ellie again as her and Dina start to argue about the cost of their mission and whether or not this is worth it or what Joel would have wanted, during this scene we get Joel's first appearance as a projection in Ellie's mind as he tells her to go home while Dina yells at her, Ellie takes storms off into the woods where she sees survivors of the group gathering wood and heading back to their log cabin, you follow them in a stealth section before kicking down the door and gunning down all of them, the very first trailer for the game then plays with ghost Joel asking if Ellie is sure she can go through with this

Dina arrives at the log cabin and sees the slaughter that Ellie unleashed, she tells Ellie she can't kill her as well as her child and leaves her. we get another flashback to Ellie and Joel before we show Ellie walking through the city in modern day, Joel tries to convince her to turn back before he starts to say that "she's always known who those guys were" and saying that " I only lied to protect you", Ellie looks at Joel and asks him again to swear that he didn't lie to her about the Fireflies, he looks at her, ashamed of himself and Ellie storms off in tears knowing the truth now

Ellie finally spots Abby and Lev entering a Theater from far away and begins sprinting into it and then sneaking inside, before she gets inside Dina returns and said she needs to make sure her child has a mother, the two of them make their way through the theatres basement hunting for Abby. we switch control to her as she gets Lev to hide in the Ventilation shaft, we have a stealth section where we choke Dina unconscious and then repeatedly stealth attack Ellie, Abby chokes Ellie and beats her and Dina near death but Lev stops her before she can cut Dina's throat, she tells Ellie if she ever sees her again she'll kill her and the two leave Ellie and Dina

Dina is bleeding out on the floor from the battering she took from Abby and could possibly have a miscarriage, Ellie tries to move but is too hurt, we end up having to mash the buttons on our controller while Joel yells at us to get up, we then drag Dina out into the rain as Ellie tries to wake her up but fails, Ellie begins crying fearing that Dina is dead, suddenly a group emerges from the woods with flashlights, the man leading them raises his arms and tells Ellie he means them no harm and that they look like they could use some help, it then cuts to black and we get our final Joel and Ellie flashback where (and while it never gets used gameplay wise) Joel is teaching Ellie how to swim, this scene is by far the saddest in the game and while he's teaching her Joel accidentally calls her Sarah, months later the pair are back at Jackson and Dina has given birth but Ellie is still not at peace and longs for revenge she puts on Joel's winter jacket and sets off after Abby, we then cut back to Abby as she and Lev are searching for fireflies in a neighbourhood, Abby begins searching house to house in the neighbourhood for signs of fireflies, as she opens the closet in of the rooms Ellie jumps out and on top of her and begins repeatedly stabbing her in the neck with a knife, control switches to Ellie and the play must mash square to knife Abby in the throat repeatedly, Lev bursts in and threatens to kill Ellie before giving up and asking her to "just go" the game ends with Ellie standing outside the porch covered in blood, soaking in the sun and realising her vengeance didn't make her happy, only empty

Edit 2: after killing Abby it is revealed through a flashback that the men who rescued Ellie were Fireflies, they have been searching for Ellie ever since they heard that the WLF were looking for the immune girl who escaped from the Fireflies, Ellie recognises the man as Marlene's husband, Aaron, after they get medical attention they are transported back to Jackson with the Fireflies, it is then revealed after Ellie left she asked that Aaron help her lure Abby to her death if, in exchange, Ellie allows them to perform whatever surgeries may be necessary to create a cure. The Fireflies agree and plant a Firefly agent that routinely takes a route through Seattle in the hopes of passing Abby and Lev, they then tell Ellie that if the plan works she is to travel to St. Francis Medical Center in Santa Barbara. After 2 months they manage to find Abby and give her a tip about Fireflies being spotted in a local neighbourhood not far from there, Abby gifts him a pistol for this information, and her and Lev depart to find the Fireflies, after Abby is killed Ellie is shown getting up and riding out of Seattle, (implying she is riding towards the hospital and leaving open the possibility for a Part 3)

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
Looool @ some of those fake synopses

this one in particular had me cracking up

FULL PLOT OF TLOU2 (I think)

I know this will get downvoted as hell, but should read this. I've spoken to certain person here in reddit who claims to know the full story of this game, and he might actually know it. His user is u/Danielhammond147

Has has told me a few details in certain scenes that are to specific and that makes me believe all of what he has told me may be true (that or that he has a lot of imagination, but he has told me things that fit some of the new images from the new trailer) . You should at least give him a try and listen to him. If he turns out to be trolling us at least it will be fun reading all he tells you and considering it at least as a theory. Please give him a try, he does not look like a troll and it isn't ND damage control in case he turns out to know the real plot of the game because he isn't happy with everything on the game and some decision Neil has taken. Go ask him whatever you want to know about the plot and see if he responds in a convincing way. If you have the time to be here reading theories and watching memes you should dm him. You can talk with him while you see the sub, so you won't waste much time. Thanks for reading fellers. GO SPEAK WITH HIM

"we then go back to Abby as her and Lev scout a nearby hospital for supplies as they need to amputate Yara's arm, they gather the supplies and kill a few infected, the two pass by Jesse's body near the road, although Abby doesn't recognise this signifies to the play that Abby and Ellie are not far away from each other, they unsuccessfully amputate Yara's arm and end up having to leave her to the infected as Abby and Lev run away"

A very little piece of our conversation. Too much details. If people are considering that "familiar face" stuff they should definetly consider this guy's story. Bye!

Edit: I'll leave here the full plot since you guys asked. Would you guys consider sharing this please?

First of all,the leaks are true but the game doesnt seem to be as bad as people claim though it is a bit disappointing even for him, it is an ok story. May give it a chance to check if this is true honestly. He has told me he hates things such as playing as Abby to beat the shit out of Ellie and literally everyone in the dev team hated it but Neil insisted.

the game opens with you playing as Joel as he recaps the ending of the last game to Tommy, later you meet Ellie and play guitar for her before she heads to sleep, it then flashes forward to 6 years later while Ellie is in bed with DinaYou go through a general routine in Jackson, getting ready, having breakfast with Dina etc, before Jesse dispatches you and Dina on your first patrol mission, you do these for about 5 hours in order to get the player to care about Ellie and Dina's relationshipafter returning from a patrol Jesse explains Tommy has been kidnapped by bandits and they have to rescue him, Ellie, Dina and Jesse head out together, but Joel stops her before she leaves the house (that's where his scene from the release date trailer comes from)The 4 get caught in a blizzard and separate, Ellie manages to find Joel's horse outside a cabin, she heads inside and down to the basement where we see Abby beating Joel with a golf club and Tommy unconscious across from him, Abby caves in Joel's skull and Ellie's hearing and sight gets fuzzy while we transition to a flashback from her and Joel's adventures (these happen many times throughout the game)

Abby and her crew then leave and Jesse and Dinah rescue Ellie and Tommy, while Ellie is unconscious we get our first flashback to Abby's past, we see her in her room playing with other children and being supervised by a guard when gunshots go off from Joel killing the guards in the other part of the building, (the scene is intentionally reminiscent of a school shooting as you watch the security guard force the children to hide while he stacks chairs against the door) later he leaves and you make your way to the operating room where you find your father deadit transitions back to Abby's perspective during Joel's death before once again cutting to a flashback of her first day in Seattle, as she makes her way through the building as her and another member of the group are told to go out on guard duty, (I didn't see much of the parts with Abby as we were told to omit her entirely from the marketing even after the leaks so I have less info on her bits then the rest of the game, but the rumours about you hunting down Ellie as her are completely false, you spend roughly 70% of the game as Ellie and around 30% as Abby, her missions are entirely devoted to trying to make you feel sympathy for her and relate)

Ellie wakes up after Abby's level and she immediately runs to Jesse telling him they need to go to war, Jesse explains they can't do that as they need to protect the people of Jackson despite Ellie's wishes, then Ellie tells him that she's going to hunt down all of Abby's group, when she gets back to her house Tommy comes in and tries to talk her out of getting revenge, Ellie gets angry at Tommy and tries to provoke anger with him and tells him to come with her but he refuses, the next day Ellie takes a horse and leaves with Dina

we spend time with Ellie and Dina travelling to the city before are they are attacked by Seraphites and forced into a tunnel filled with infected, Jesse then comes and rescues Ellie and the two set off to find Dina

other then the patrol missions, the small free roam sections and the tunnel scene the infected barely appear, the main feature is that when you get into a gunfight with an enemy the gunfire will draw them to you and you'll have to deal with them as well as the enemy

anyway you switch back to Abby after this and her and her partner are trying out some kind of mini carnival he's created, they shoot arrows at targets and after the two end up having sex, then we go back to Ellie and Jesse where they've managed to find a car and a following down Dina, the seraphites are holding her in an abandoned building, where Jesse and Ellie sneak through and rescue Dinah before they can kill her, the three are separated and you play through the scene from the first gameplay trailer where Ellie sneaks through the forest looking for Jesse and Dina, Ellie finds the two and just as they are about to escape the seraphites discover them and begin a shootout, Jesse is shot in the throat during this and bleeds out, Ellie and Dina are forced to leave his body and escape barely with their lives

we once again transition back to Abby as her and her boyfriend are patrolling the two get ambushed by seraphites, her boyfriend escapes while Abby is taken captive by them, this is where Abby's trailer plays out, after she is cut down from the noose by Lev the screen cuts to black as she swings the hammer at the clicker, we go back to Ellie as she finds herself at a building filled with Abby's people, her and Dina massacre their way through their before Ellie recognises Abby's boyfriend and unsuccessfully attempts to interrogate him before he dies

we then go back to Abby as her and Lev scout a nearby hospital for supplies as they need to amputate Yara's arm, they gather the supplies and kill a few infected, the two pass by Jesse's body near the road, although Abby doesn't recognise this signifies to the play that Abby and Ellie are not far away from each other, they unsuccessfully amputate Yara's arm and end up having to leave her to the infected as Abby and Lev run away

we go back to Ellie again as her and Dina start to argue about the cost of their mission and whether or not this is worth it or what Joel would have wanted, during this scene we get Joel's first appearance as a projection in Ellie's mind as he tells her to go home while Dina yells at her, Ellie takes storms off into the woods where she sees survivors of the group gathering wood and heading back to their log cabin, you follow them in a stealth section before kicking down the door and gunning down all of them, the very first trailer for the game then plays with ghost Joel asking if Ellie is sure she can go through with this

Dina arrives at the log cabin and sees the slaughter that Ellie unleashed, she tells Ellie she can't kill her as well as her child and leaves her. we get another flashback to Ellie and Joel before we show Ellie walking through the city in modern day, Joel tries to convince her to turn back before he starts to say that "she's always known who those guys were" and saying that " I only lied to protect you", Ellie looks at Joel and asks him again to swear that he didn't lie to her about the Fireflies, he looks at her, ashamed of himself and Ellie storms off in tears knowing the truth now

Ellie finally spots Abby and Lev entering a Theater from far away and begins sprinting into it and then sneaking inside, before she gets inside Dina returns and said she needs to make sure her child has a mother, the two of them make their way through the theatres basement hunting for Abby. we switch control to her as she gets Lev to hide in the Ventilation shaft, we have a stealth section where we choke Dina unconscious and then repeatedly stealth attack Ellie, Abby chokes Ellie and beats her and Dina near death but Lev stops her before she can cut Dina's throat, she tells Ellie if she ever sees her again she'll kill her and the two leave Ellie and Dina

Dina is bleeding out on the floor from the battering she took from Abby and could possibly have a miscarriage, Ellie tries to move but is too hurt, we end up having to mash the buttons on our controller while Joel yells at us to get up, we then drag Dina out into the rain as Ellie tries to wake her up but fails, Ellie begins crying fearing that Dina is dead, suddenly a group emerges from the woods with flashlights, the man leading them raises his arms and tells Ellie he means them no harm and that they look like they could use some help, it then cuts to black and we get our final Joel and Ellie flashback where (and while it never gets used gameplay wise) Joel is teaching Ellie how to swim, this scene is by far the saddest in the game and while he's teaching her Joel accidentally calls her Sarah, months later the pair are back at Jackson and Dina has given birth but Ellie is still not at peace and longs for revenge she puts on Joel's winter jacket and sets off after Abby, we then cut back to Abby as she and Lev are searching for fireflies in a neighbourhood, Abby begins searching house to house in the neighbourhood for signs of fireflies, as she opens the closet in of the rooms Ellie jumps out and on top of her and begins repeatedly stabbing her in the neck with a knife, control switches to Ellie and the play must mash square to knife Abby in the throat repeatedly, Lev bursts in and threatens to kill Ellie before giving up and asking her to "just go" the game ends with Ellie standing outside the porch covered in blood, soaking in the sun and realising her vengeance didn't make her happy, only empty

Edit 2: after killing Abby it is revealed through a flashback that the men who rescued Ellie were Fireflies, they have been searching for Ellie ever since they heard that the WLF were looking for the immune girl who escaped from the Fireflies, Ellie recognises the man as Marlene's husband, Aaron, after they get medical attention they are transported back to Jackson with the Fireflies, it is then revealed after Ellie left she asked that Aaron help her lure Abby to her death if, in exchange, Ellie allows them to perform whatever surgeries may be necessary to create a cure. The Fireflies agree and plant a Firefly agent that routinely takes a route through Seattle in the hopes of passing Abby and Lev, they then tell Ellie that if the plan works she is to travel to St. Francis Medical Center in Santa Barbara. After 2 months they manage to find Abby and give her a tip about Fireflies being spotted in a local neighbourhood not far from there, Abby gifts him a pistol for this information, and her and Lev depart to find the Fireflies, after Abby is killed Ellie is shown getting up and riding out of Seattle, (implying she is riding towards the hospital and leaving open the possibility for a Part 3)
You can tell exactly where they try to splice in the leaked footage lmao.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Wow that was a lot of spoilers (from the leaks). Kinda proud of myself that I managed to stay almost spoiler free.

Only got quickly spoiled with Joel's death (kinda) it was really dark and it was in the form of a meme on twitter but I got out of there asap so could barely remember if it was joel or not. I did get spoiled on the gold club on Era, someone was making jokes about golf in a TLOU2 thread They got banned so I kinda figured someone's gonna get murdered with a gold club and because of the meme image I figured that person was probably going to be Joel.

Still didn't robbed me from the shock I felt when I got to that part of the game.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018

I see what you're saying, but to be fair, I do think things are starting to change. There's more games other than TLOU2 that try to push boundaries like this and I'm certain this will only increase in the future. Many of these projects will catch a lot of flak now, but it will be worth it in the end. Don't forget that there's at least an equal amount of people that DO actually appreciate, or at least accept, what ND was going for here.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the thing is, this is gaming's audience: those people.
... No. No, it's not. "Gaming's audience" is tens of millions of people who will never look up a game on the internet. Who will never look at Twitter. Who will never look at ResetEra. Who will definitely never look at 4chan, let alone know what it is. They are people who probably don't feel particularly strongly about any political issue or LGBT issue or whathaveyou (not that they're intolerant of it; most people just don't commit that much head space to it).

99% of the gaming audience are people who see advertisements or trailers, think "huh that game looks good" and pick it up, enjoy it, and probably drop it after a few hours. (And there is nothing wrong with this.)

We, enthusiasts sitting on this forum, are the 0.0001% of gaming's overall audience. 4chan and the like are the 0.000001%. Gaming is fucking huge and we're a tiny hardcore crowd who are way more invested than your "average" gamer.

Alanah Pearce put it well recently:

Yeah I noticed that too. I think that one and one of the 4chan leaks were actually both mostly close, but then would throw in "Ellie dies" or whatever, and have events slightly out of order.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Another one that had a lot of misinformation was that Seraphites were a Christian cult. Unless I missed something, it was based on a female WLF or former Fedra soldier. Lev comments that her teachings were twisted by its members which is why they're transphobic.

OP
OP
SubvertedTrope
Sep 14, 2018
... No. No, it's not. "Gaming's audience" is tens of millions of people who will never look up a game on the internet. Who will never look at Twitter. Who will never look at ResetEra. Who will definitely never look at 4chan, let alone know what it is. They are people who probably don't feel particularly strongly about any political issue or LGBT issue or whathaveyou (not that they're intolerant of it; most people just don't commit that much head space to it).

99% of the gaming audience are people who see advertisements or trailers, think "huh that game looks good" and pick it up, enjoy it, and probably drop it after a few hours. (And there is nothing wrong with this.)

We, enthusiasts sitting on this forum, are the 0.0001% of gaming's overall audience. 4chan and the like are the 0.000001%. Gaming is fucking huge and we're a tiny hardcore crowd who are way more invested than your "average" gamer.

Alanah Pearce put it well recently:

I don't disagree with her or you but I don't discount the impact that this specific part of the audience I mentioned has and can have on games and game development, the people that make a big deal out of women being in Battlefield, that send Neil death threats, that are behind GG, etc.

And it's a fact that games marketing largely targets young cis straight men as they try to cast the widest net of what they think the gaming audience is or at least the part of the audience most likely to engage with their products.

I'm just saying that it's one thing when Life is Strange does it (try to push boundaries) but for ND to do something different with their big game it feels like more of a bold step.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
Another one that had a lot of misinformation was that Seraphites were a Christian cult. Unless I missed something, it was based on a female WLF or former Fedra soldier. Lev comments that her teachings were twisted by its members which is why they're transphobic.
I actually mistook the silhouette of the space needle on their island as a huge crucifix.

This part:
youtu.be

The Last of Us 2 - Part 13 - SCAR ISLAND

Subscribe for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/tmartn2?sub_confirmation=1 The Last of Us Part II Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwiTZDxPg_...

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I actually mistook the silhouette of the space needle on their island as a huge crucifix.

This part:
youtu.be

The Last of Us 2 - Part 13 - SCAR ISLAND

Subscribe for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/tmartn2?sub_confirmation=1 The Last of Us Part II Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwiTZDxPg_...

There's a lot of christological imagery. The end beach where everyone is being crucified also comes to mind.

An aside; there is a character hanging beside Abby who looks like her non-shaven model and I was so confused that I couldn't interact with her. I thought the game had stuttered or glitched and it took me a good five minutes to search beyond her.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree with her or you but I don't discount the impact that this specific part of the audience I mentioned has and can have on games and game development, the people that make a big deal out of women being in Battlefield, that send Neil death threats, that are behind GG, etc.

And it's a fact that games marketing largely targets young cis straight men as they try to cast the widest net of what they think the gaming audience is or at least the part of the audience most likely to engage with their products.

I'm just saying that it's one thing when Life is Strange does it (try to push boundaries) but for ND to do something different with their big game it feels like more of a bold step.
Sure, I agree with everything you say here. I'm also not saying they don't have an impact, they definitely do and it's toxic, and the culture still has big problems.

I was simply taking umbrage at this statement: "This is gaming's audience: those people."

I genuinely can't wait to reach the Lev bonding part again, I missed a lot of great dialogue and touches there. I didn't pick up on the members twisting her teachings angle.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Sure, I agree with everything you say here. I'm also not saying they don't have an impact, they definitely do and it's toxic, and the culture still has big problems.

I was simply taking umbrage at this statement: "This is gaming's audience: those people."

I genuinely can't wait to reach the Lev bonding part again, I missed a lot of great dialogue and touches there. I didn't pick up on the members twisting her teachings angle.

Lev says it when you're in the sky bridge level if you just want to replay that section to hear it.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lev says it when you're in the sky bridge level if you just want to replay that section to hear it.
Thanks! I'm replaying the whole thing on Survivor+ so will be listening keenly then :)

Might as well mention the problem actually: if your hard drive is pretty full and you try to take a screenshot, the whole OS hitches and the game "freezes" in the background while it loads the screenshot menu. (It no longer seems to take "quick screenshots".) I missed 2x key Lev dialogues because I took a screenshot just as they began speaking and the image/audio froze while the simulation kept going. I only heard the tail end of their sentences. Annoying af.

SpectR0nn

Jan 6, 2018

It wasnt a WLF member nor Fedra soldier, just a regular civilian with a lot of natural charisma and strongly developed ideologies that by some miracle didn't get infected. Neither did the rest of the residents in the appartment she was living in. That's how this whole cult started.

I feel like the game should've explored this more btw. I was half expecting all the Seraphites to be immune to the infection for example. But that whole plot thread was just kinda dropped altogether, so we never really find out anything substantial about them.

It's definitely based off Christianity btw, or Judeo-Christian at the least. Just the name Seraphite alludes to that, along with a lot of imagery that echoes Christian symbols. That being said, it is not literally a Christian cult.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
this is super crazy to me. I managed to not be spoiled when that whole build leaks happened, and kept in the dark til finally playing it. Its so nuts that a lot of the ''leaks'' were bogus

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

They deserve side-eye for making it an issue at all. Even if she was trans, what the fuck difference does that make?

White-bearded dudes saw themselves as Joel and got mad he got beaten to death like the sonnaofabitch he is by a girl. In sum, Joel made his own bed.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The only "leaks" I read was someone namedropping Abby (which I don't think is a spoiler tbh, it's mentioned in the first hour of the game and knowing it doesn't really spoil shit imo) and someone mentioning some parallels to the medic in MGSV (which I assume were the stuff about Abby being the doctor's daughter). Other than that, I went blind.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
lol, that's nuts. I never knew this much leaked in between all the bullshit too. So glad I went in blind.

I think most of that stuff they highlighted was the first stuff to leak. Most of the BS stuff came later, I guess, but I know everything I read day 1 ended up being 100% accurate. I never even knew there were fake leaks out there until much later

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Not quite. There was a "leak" before the review copies went out that got stuff like Abby being crucified on the beach right and Ellie sparing her, but it had bullshit in like Tommy also being there in a hut and Abby getting infected was in another one. Which is really weird how these accurate leaks were mixed together with bs like that