• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone! I didn't see one, so I created this thread to share The Last of Us Part II screenshots taken with Photo Mode.

Because I had a review copy, I already have 60+ photos, so I won't post all of them in this thread (but you can check them here), just my favorites.

Let's keep this spoiler free. The game is pretty good about letting you hide characters and even the player, so it should be easy for everyone to keep this a safe space. No late game locations either, please.

YXdHk0q.jpg

vFp0nx3.jpg

lXnfpqf.jpg

wchC0g2.jpg

m8nhFuL.jpg

ANNOYca.jpg

ipGBAqV.jpg

9SEnO4Q.jpg

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
apart from the obvious resolution (and maybe Framerate) bump this looks already better than probably many early PS5 games will look like.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
A few of us (including myself) have been posting in the OT console screenshot thread, but thanks for making one dedicated to the game!

It really does look great!

I'll post some of my favorite shots I've taken with Photomode so far.

jlelfe.png

jleVK7.png

jleCwT.png

jlzFOm.png

Big fan of Black & White photos, as well as snow. Only about 2 hours in and have taken 60 shots. Going super slow! Soaking everything in.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man I should've taken some pictures while I played. I guess I didn't really want to be distracted by photomode. TLOU2 is easily the best looking game I've ever played. I didn't think RDR2 would lose the crown so quickly (and so easily).

I did dabble in some photomode but I was unable to place the camera up close to Ellie's face. How do you do that?

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Man I should've taken some pictures while I played. I guess I didn't really want to be distracted by photomode. TLOU2 is easily the best looking game I've ever played. I didn't think RDR2 would lose the crown so quickly (and so easily).

I did dabble in some photomode but I was unable to place the camera up close to Ellie's face. How do you do that?

As someone that only games on a base PS4 this game is utterly bonkers in terms of visuals. I'm not clued up on graphical techniques and I suck at maths so the entire way through playing this I was just awe struck at how the game interprets light and dark. Don't know how else to phrase it but the lighting sells the image to me even though everything is mad detailed.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Use the triggers to zoom in and then reduce the FOV option. The nearer to zero you put it the closer in the camera gets.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Use the triggers to zoom in and then reduce the FOV option. The nearer to zero you put it the closer in the camera gets.

Yup! You can also try to manipulate the camera. Meaning, there are times where the camera can zoom in more than you can manually set it to. Lets say you're standing near a wall. Even before changing options in Photomode, you might already be zoomed in more than normal because of that wall, so you'll be able to get a little closer. It takes some trial and error to see what can be done.

jlftai.png

jlfj3c.png

jleW6K.png

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few i want to share, but have not transferred my files. But I have to say, I am constantly in awe of this game's graphics. It's the best looking game i've ever played.

Oct 27, 2017
As I said in another thread this game has the insane visual quality of that famous room in Uncharted 4 epilogue, only here it's applied to the entire game.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Squarealex Is your last pic from photomode or from the cutscene shown in the trailers? If it's from the photomode and you tried to mimic that cutscene start then hats off!