• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from other thread:

"Funniest thing about TLOU2 winning, it that it was community voted. That means, that yes, the majority of people voted for TLOU2. The arguments "Everyone hated it/It only wins because Sony-ND paid journos/Journos are SJWs too" are dead lol"

Not really, because no-one really argues that outside of 4chan weirdos, who will continue to be 4chan weirdos regardless.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Nice! ND deserves all the awards they can get. Games like TLOU2 don't happen very often, they are premium experiences that push the industry to a new level. The talent, ambition and production levels employed by ND make TLOU2 not only the game of the year but one of the best of the generation.

I'm really happy for Supergiant Games and Kojima Productions too. 🙂

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wait, they DID have a VR award in previous years (winners were beat saber, RE7, skyrim VR) but this year when half life alyx was released, they ditch the category? makes no sense.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Really big congratulations to Sandra Saad! She really blew it out of the park with her Ms. Marvel performance. Hope she continues to voice her in future media.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not my first choice for GOTY but I can see the reasons why so many people loved it enough to vote for it. Grats to Naughty Dog.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The top 2 games of the year won, I am actually happy, even more with Part II sweeping fan vote.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil

This is embarrassing. Fuck these gifs.
200.gif

PsychoRabbit

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
User banned (permanent): Troll account
and even won the best audio LOL, let the bullshit awards begin. Enjoy your circlejerk resetera

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to the winners.

Somebody check on that TLOU reddit. I need some salt for my meal I am making.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
  • PC Game of the Year - Death Stranding

I'm really concerned about the fans that vote on these awards. Doom Eternal came out this year and DEATH STRANDING won PC game of the year???

Like, I assume Sony fanboys voted on that lol I don't hear anyone talk about Death Stranding especially on PC..

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
👀

Wonder if this means TLOU2 isn't a shoe-in for the Game Awards then.

Could see Hades sneaking in and grabbing the crown. Could also see a solid argument for Animal Crossing given the sheer impact it's had this year.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Modern Warfare won best eSports game?!?

I adored the Cod League this year, even with it's transistion to online, but every pro fucking hates that game.

Nov 23, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake winning no awards gives me painnnn. It's gotta win something at the Game Awards. I'll take anything lol

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
👀

Wonder if this means TLOU2 isn't a shoe-in for the Game Awards then.

Could see Hades sneaking in and grabbing the crown. Could also see a solid argument for Animal Crossing given the sheer impact it's had this year.
Well in the last 10 years, only 4/10 a game won both , Golden and TGA, and you have to know the jury at TGA is a spread of outlets around the world (which some changes by year), not a group of critics like Golden, is way harder to win TGA.

May 17, 2018
I'm genuinely thrilled Naughty Dog won Best Studio.

I think they deserve it based on the skill and craft behind TLOU2 alone, but then you add on how devastating the leaks must have been *and* then the following onslaught of attacks from GG and some members of the press...it's just so great to see them getting rewarded for their efforts.

and even won the best audio LOL, let the bullshit awards begin. Enjoy your circlejerk resetera

I'm aware you don't really give a shit, but, the level of work and imagination that went into the audio design of this game is really something else.

Zweisy1

Oct 30, 2017
Nice! ND deserves all the awards they can get. Games like TLOU2 don't happen very often, they are premium experiences that push the industry to a new level. The talent, ambition and production levels employed by ND make TLOU2 not only the game of the year but one of the best of the generation.

I'm really happy for Supergiant Games and Kojima Productions too. 🙂

Shame ND doesnt do anything to push things to do with game design and player agency forward. Having nice presentation and technology is good and all but If anything from purely game mechanics perspective their work these last two generatons is pretty much a step back from their pretty, somewhat above average platformer work. Especially Uncharted with its semi-automatic traversing and"puzzles" that are only there to insult the intelligence of the player and waste a min or two.
Completely overrated on the storytelling front too.

Anyways these awards always end up being a circlejerk around the big AAA releases of the year. With all the interesting PC games that did come out this year Death Stranding winning the PC GOTY is the biggest travesty here.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
  • Most Wanted Game - God of War: Ragnarok
What was the other nominees?
I'm really concerned about the fans that vote on these awards. Doom Eternal came out this year and DEATH STRANDING won PC game of the year???

Like, I assume Sony fanboys voted on that lol I don't hear anyone talk about Death Stranding especially on PC..
Why Sony fanboys would vote for Death Stranding winning a PC Award? maybe the game is actually good, and management games is huge on PC.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Even with some problems I had, TLOU2 is easily my favourite game this year and in a long while.

I still hate those dumb gifs ND made. There are much better and more genuine reaction gifs to be made out of clips from the actual game.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
You see it on twitter too. Literally any TLOU2 related post has people screaming "almost everyone hates this game! You fanboys are the minority!"
Well, it's not like people can effectively vote against a game for a popularity vote with many options.

I'm kind of confused about the discussion, to be honest, because I was under the impression that TLoU2 was critically and commercially acclaimed. (It's apparently the third highest-grossing game in the US in PS history.) It was extremely well received.