• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
The people who are review bombing are a very small loud minority of people. Bet, majority of the millions of other players are really enjoying this game.
Every single one of my friends is loving the game and think it's better than the first. I think this release is huge. There's already 30 people on my listed that have started it. Other big releases are usually around 20 people at this point.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Can't wait for Sony/ND to come out with the game sold 5 million in first week headline to shut them all up lol.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why people are still getting upset over the review bombing.

If you're a person who doesn't like the game that you've played up to this point, you get labeled an alt-righter, a homophobe, a transphobe, a console warrior from one side and a hundred variations of a cuck for even buying it on the other.

You literally answered your own question? The bad faith bigoted brigade shit makes legimate discussion impossible because bigots just throw fuel on the fire whenever things might calm down into something reasonable (just look at people in this thread posting 4Chan memes that disprove themselves and acting like r/lastofus2 has "legitimate concerns".)

R/GamingCirclejerk right now is entirely made up of posts making fun of these losers. It's wonderful.

This is some great detox for this bullshit LMAO.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
R/GamingCirclejerk has been doing this since the day after the original leak wave. It most of all lead to this:
@Neil_Druckmann
Vice President of Naughty Dog, Writer/Director of video games, abuser of characters' shoulders. Currently on: The Last of Us Part II

It originated with this on the TLoU2 hate-reddit: That's weird. They shrank his shoulders, made him look soft.
3kl9erjh5h151.jpg

My favorite edit so far, outside of the Horse Men from Sorry to Bother You, is the reversal of the meme in response to the beefy as fuck redesign of Chris in RE8.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Then they're gonna say that it's Sony themselves buying all the copies lol.

Those people and the people below are 2 circles on top of each other:
hqdefault.jpg

Disney bought $1.128 billion worth in tickets. Of course!

The highest selling PS 4 games:
The remaster of the original alone sold 10 mil! I´ll eat my own PlayStation if TLoU2 doesn´t sell at least 10 mil this gen. It took GoW 2018 about a year to sell 10 mil. The sequel might do it a tiny bit faster after all this. Game sequels selling better than the original is kind of a thing and the PS4 is in a better place than the PS3 on top of that.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
R/GamingCirclejerk has been doing this since the day after the original leak wave. It most of all lead to this:
@Neil_Druckmann
Vice President of Naughty Dog, Writer/Director of video games, abuser of characters' shoulders. Currently on: The Last of Us Part II

It originated with this on the TLoU2 hate-reddit: That's weird. They shrank his shoulders, made him look soft.
3kl9erjh5h151.jpg

My favorite edit so far, outside of the Horse Men from Sorry to Bother You, is the reversal of the meme in response to the beefy as fuck redesign of Chris in RE8.
It's incels. They're beyond obsessed with bone structure.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people are saying that ND are "forcing" an agenda on them, nobody is forcing you to buy this game. There are tons of male power fantasys out there that are full of fan service for you to buy.

For fuck sake, don't do this to devs, I'm so happy they went the way they did with the story.

And I have no problem with people not liking where they took the story. But saying it's badly written is just is just silly.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Seattle day 3. Can someone tell me without spoilers what the actual criticism is? Not interested in the alt-right internet people bullshit. Is the actual criticism just a myth? Personally really impressed with the game so far. Specific example of things handled poorly? Or have I not gotten to the parts of concern?

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
well that's what I'm getting at, the "professionals opinion" doesn't often line up with my own opinion. I've had more fun with games that get low 80's and high 70's leaving me baffled as to why they don't like it.

Yeah but that's not what I'm saying, my opinions line up with reviewers and sometimes they don't that's kind of the thing about reviews, they are thoughts and feelings from a person who happens to be someone that critics in this case games.

We see the scores and we read/watch reviews and than when we decide that we like what we hear and buy the game yet when our opinion don't match theirs we become hostile to reviewers and say that they don't matter.

Your interest should always, in the case of video games, be the deciding matter, reviews and opinions are secondary if that.

(this post gets my opinion across better than the last one) I take metacritic scores more serious than I should. Thing is I should have listened to reviews of Sinking City, man was that a waste of 60 dollars.... In the end my interest in the Last of us part 2 is what made me decide to buy it. Me liking/loving it is a whole another thing.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
@Lant_War I too noticed that but it goes a tiny bit deeper. US Germans can spot Nazis just like that. They love measuring bones:
en.wikipedia.org

Craniometry - Wikipedia

All of this really started with Dina´s nose. A teenage (19) lesbian protagonist may have been fine for them but mixing races? Big no. Neil Druckmann is further Jewish. Sony is funding the Zionist Agenda according to these Neo-Nazis.

The actual press is picking up on the hate campaign so the game´s social clout is through the roof right now:
www.latimes.com

Inside 2020's most anticipated — and targeted — game: violence, a virus, an LGBTQ love story

Ex 'Westworld' writer Halley Gross joins Neil Druckmann to create the unexpectedly timely story in "The Last of Us Part II" set in a virus-ravaged world

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is that the reasonable people who don't like the story aren't the ones giving 0s and 1s - they're probably the ones giving scores between 4 and 7.

I personally found the game to be terribly written (i.e. probably the worst-written game since Persona 5, if not Fire Emblem: Fates) and I probably would rate the game a 6/10.

This game is not anywhere close to terribly written.

Neil is Jewish. So why would anyone who bought the game be upset by that.

I am sure the vast majority of people who bought the game have no idea who he is besides seeing his name in the credits.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The whole 'forced agenda' argument is just so lolworthy.

Like, what's the idea behind that argument to begin with? You see a gay character and you go "Noo, I'm going turn gay now!" Is that really how they think it works?

nMzEJjXCF80xULbS4qgYy-801Bw7RNrRS7Nmirl6DVQ.gif

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm on Seattle day 3. Can someone tell me without spoilers what the actual criticism is? Not interested in the alt-right internet people bullshit. Is the actual criticism just a myth? Personally really impressed with the game so far. Specific example of things handled poorly? Or have I not gotten to the parts of concern?

Hard to say anything without spoilers. Finish the game, if you feel the same way, venture into the spoiler thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of legitimate criticism there.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
All art is political and so far one of my favorite things about TLOU 2 is its good and correct agenda, sorry nerds

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Very broadly I would say that "pacing" is a legitimate criticism of the games story.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like, what's the idea behind that argument to begin with? You see a gay character and you go "Noo, I'm going turn gay now!" Is that really how they think it works?

Men are terrified of engaging with gay material because the "gay" kids got beat up on the playground.

Anything that could potentially awaken anything not 100% straight in them is seen with pure ire and fear.

Those people and the people below are 2 circles on top of each other:
hqdefault.jpg

Disney bought $1.128 billion worth in tickets. Of course!

The highest selling PS 4 games:
The remaster of the original alone sold 10 mil! I´ll eat my own PlayStation if TLoU2 doesn´t sell at least 10 mil this gen. It took GoW 2018 about a year to sell 10 mil. The sequel might do it a tiny bit faster after all this. Game sequels selling better than the original is kind of a thing and the PS4 is in a better place than the PS3 on top of that.
The narrative people make to fit with their angry is incredible.

Just the idea of queerness, that a person would be attractive to a person with the same gender, breaks down old lessons of gender role, themes, and many other once held believed ideas. Fear of change and the feeling that what you learned to get by in life is a lie and you did something wrong even when it completely harmless and really doesn't change who you are but just what you think.

The worst part isn't what you learned wasn't right is to try to challenge that change as if it something to suppress and eliminate.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Not if they are white as their privilege prevents them from that. Their experiences are marginally different than compare to Black/LGBT+ of Colour who often get pushed out of those spaces by white LGBT+ folks. Heck look at how Jameela Jamil got treated when she came out as Bi as she was accused of faking it, despite the fact that no South Asian would fake something like that due to how close minded the community are.

There are also far more White LGBT+ characters and actors/singers/presenter in the media than compare to Non white and it was no coincidence that Elle also happened to be white as that's the default norm in this world.

Elle is not a minority at all.

This is a ridiculous take. As a POC gay guy, I definitely have it much worse then a white gay dude. Not only do I have to deal with the general racism, but I also have to deal with the fact that I am gay. I have been called a fa***t and terrorist on several occasions. Despite my experience, a lot of my gay white friends and lovers have dealt with difficulties on their own as well. A friend of mine who is 30 now was kicked out of his house by his mom when he was 18. He was homeless for a year. His family hasn't seen him since he left. Other friend lost his kids when they turned on him. I still remember how teary eyed he was when the topic was brought up.

I can't even begin to bring up transgender people regardless of race. They get shunned away relatively quickly. They lose their jobs and families regardless of race. Being POC just makes it much worse. Does that mean white LGBTQ have it good and are not treated as minority? Fuck no. Don't minimize people's pain like that. It's ignorant, and clearly insensitive.

Last edited:

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say anything without spoilers. Finish the game, if you feel the same way, venture into the spoiler thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of legitimate criticism there.
Ok thanks. I didn't know where I'd need to be to start reading. I'll wait until I'm finished, no problem.

Appreciate the response.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
The thing is that the reasonable people who don't like the story aren't the ones giving 0s and 1s - they're probably the ones giving scores between 4 and 7.

I personally found the game to be terribly written (i.e. probably the worst-written game since Persona 5, if not Fire Emblem: Fates) and I probably would rate the game a 6/10.
Have you played the game or are you one of those people who have been in been in the spoiler thread day 1 who think they have a valid opinion?

ReMaKe

Oct 27, 2017

It's not a myth. There's validity to it all. As someone whose a huge TLOU fan. Spent thousands on lithographs, collector editions etc, I was very disappointed.

It's hard without spoiling. I'll just say the following. The first 15-16 hours or so, I was feeling it. I would say it was a 9. Really enjoyed the mechanics, graphics, the atmosphere. Eventually something happens in the story that just didn't pay off for me, and unfortunately that part goes on for a long time. It dropped it to about a 7.

Then there's a whole other thing that we just can't mention since it's an essential piece of the story which made me hate the game. It rubbed me off so wrong that I questioned what was the whole point. Why would they go this route?

I was one of those defending the game so much before playing it. Thinking it was getting negative reviews solely on certain character interpretations. But that wasn't the case at all. Grabbed it, streamed 15 hours straight. Slept 5 hours. Back to playing 11 straight and beat it. A day and a half later I'm still smh disappointed and now want to be one of those that gives it a 5 on metacritic. Ironic considering the first half of the game had me super hooked.

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Because a majority of reactions are just that, bigoted. This isn't an uncommon story, it's executions is what's so great. You may not like it, but you should be able to appreciate it for what it does.

Personally the game is not a 10, it's not perfect. I'd peg it at a 9 or 9.5 because of pacing issues.

Tbh your comments are pretty bigoted lol, other people cannot express their own opinion that differs from mine! You like the execution, but almost everyone i know hated the story and just tried to slog through the game in hopes of a payoff.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Tbh your comments are pretty bigoted lol, other people cannot express their own opinion that differs from mine! You like the execution, but almost everyone i know hated the story and just tried to slog through the game in hopes of a payoff.
It's not that "everyone you know" opinion doesn't matter, it's that your opinion doesn't matter. You should be more upfront that you haven't played the game so that everyone stops wasting their time with you.

"By calling other people bigots you're the real bigot". lol this fucking shit

Last edited:

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually been pretty on the fence about getting TLoU2. I liked the first one a lot, but I dunno, I didn't see much appeal in more of the same.

But, because of all the the review bombing, etc., I decided to give a shot. Anything that "fOrCeS tHe SJW aGeNdA" has never let me down, and I'm so glad I didn't wait on it. I'm 10 hours into it, and there's so many things I love about it. (And an entire submenu for easing motion sickness!) It's easily the best game I've played in a while.

Last edited:

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
This is so similar to Last Jedi. I guess congrats to Naughty Dog for not even needing multiple trilogies and decades of superfandom for people to cry about how they decided to go forward with their characters.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for Sony/ND to come out with the game sold 5 million in first week headline to shut them all up lol.
Mass Effect 3 doubled the sales and became massive commercial success compared to the ME 2 despite of the plot and controversial endings, I think situation would be similar. It would become the Last Jedi of video game, it would deeply divide the fanbase and further affect the development of sequel.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is that the reasonable people who don't like thnonsensee story aren't the ones giving 0s and 1s - they're probably the ones giving scores between 4 and 7.

Nonsense

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
A console exclusive?
By a "woke" development team?
With a lesbian main character?
Who has a Jewish girlfriend?
That had several major spoilers before it came out?
Including one fake one about a character being trans?
That many people still think is real?

That game... THAT game is getting review bombed?!

*Mild shock dot gif*
Spot on
I didn't finished yet, didn't know was fake,but I manage to avoid all the spoilers

Dec 13, 2018
Mass Effect 3 doubled the sales and became massive commercial success compared to the ME 2 despite of the plot and controversial endings, I think situation would be similar. It would become the Last Jedi of video game, it would deeply divide the fanbase and further affect the development of sequel.

Most people that play this game are going to line up for another, I doubt there are that many dipshits that are going to be riled up by the characters in the game... just some vocal dumbasses

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
R/GamingCirclejerk right now is entirely made up of posts making fun of these losers. It's wonderful.

Man what a goldmine. Reading that reddit was extremely satisfying. All of this outrage is so unjustified but the game is already shaping up to be a huge success so all their kicking and screaming is worthless

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
This is dumb, man.

Do some of you just mindlessly repost alt-right idiocy?

Ellie is gay. Jesse knows she's gay. That's it. That's the joke.

Hah! JFC. People can't even correctly interpret a scene as basic as that and yet they feel like they can come around and defend the "thoughtful criticism" surrounding the "story and writing" or whatever. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised based on the comprehension levels I've seen coming from most of these posts.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Do some of you just mindlessly repost alt-right idiocy?
Funny you just to gun to easily accuse of others as "posing alt-right idiocy" .
PSN Asia (excluded Japan) The Last of Us 2 got 2.5/5 overall 2000+buyer review: the lowest score Sony Exclusive game ever got:

The Last of Us™ Part II 스탠다드 에디션 (중국어(간체자), 한국어, 태국어, 영어, 중국어(번체자))

질병이 삼켜버린 미국을 횡단하고 5년이 흐른 지금, 엘리와 조엘은 와이오밍주 잭슨에 정착했습니다. 비록 감염자나 다른 절박한 생존자들로부터 위협을 받기도 하지만, 번영하는 생존자 마을에 정착한 이후 그들은 평화와 안정을 느끼고 있었습니다. 하지만 한 폭력적인 사건으로 그 평화가 위험해지자, 엘리는 정의를 내리고 일을 마무리하기 위한 무자비한 여정을 시작합니다. 사건의 주모자들은 한 명씩 사냥하며, 그녀는 자기 행동에 따른 육체적이고 정신적인 결과와 마주하게 됩니다. 깊고 감성적인 스토리 엘리의 무자비한 복수와, 점점...

I watched a lot of streamers play-through from Hongkong and Taiwan, none of the streamers concluded they loved the overall story.Most felt frustrated towards the endings.Main complaints are related to the story,poor portraits of Asian characters and differentiation of established characters compared to pt 1.
Across all mainland China,Hongkong and Taiwan video game forum, regardless political spectrum, the users scores are overwhelmingly negative.The poor written joke I posted became a meme to pass around internet. People are generally upset about it. So race joke is OK when it happens to Asians?
imgur.com

Imgur

Post with 0 votes and 70450 views.
imgur.com

Comments under PlayStation_tw

Post with 1 views. Comments under PlayStation_tw
I am sure some people had already seen infamous clips that some Korean Streamers uninstalled the game and cut down the disc.
This game would be extremely divisive across the fanbase and no everyone would have to love the story of game. Even now you go the r/thelastofus, some die-hard fans even some mod members express their disappointment related to the game's story.

Last edited:

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
PSN Asia (excluded Japan) The Last of Us 2 got 2.5/5 overall 2000+buyer review: the lowest score Sony Exclusive game ever got:

질병이 삼켜버린 미국을 횡단하고 5년이 흐른 지금, 엘리와 조엘은 와이오밍주 잭슨에 정착했습니다. 비록 감염자나 다른 절박한 생존자들로부터 위협을 받기도 하지만, 번영하는 생존자 마을에 정착한 이후 그들은 평화와 안정을 느끼고 있었습니다. 하지만 한 폭력적인 사건으로 그 평화가 위험해지자, 엘리는 정의를 내리고 일을 마무리하기 위한 무자비한 여정을 시작합니다. 사건의 주모자들은 한 명씩 사냥하며, 그녀는 자기 행동에 따른 육체적이고 정신적인 결과와 마주하게 됩니다. 깊고 감성적인 스토리 엘리의 무자비한 복수와, 점점...

I'm sure this is totally legitimate and bad faith review bombers are only a western thing

/s

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
"Everyone who dislikes the game is a bigot".

No, and this thread isn't about that. This thread is about bad faith actors organizing a hate campaign against the game.

We're not talking about valid criticisms or negative reviews. It's about this 0/10 review bombing phenomenon by thousands of users mere hours after the game came out.

If you have good faith criticisms, im sorry that your voices are being obscured by a sea of shit. But that's what this thread is about, the sea of shit.

Also, as a side note..."blindly giving a 10/10 review is just as bad". No, it's really not. It may be just as useless of a review as a 0/10, from a person-looking-for-information-about-the-game perspective, but one of these reviews comes from a place of fanboyism, at worst, and the other from a place of coordinated hate and negativity.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

I watched a lot of streamers play-through from Hongkong and Taiwan, none of the streamers concluded they loved the overall story.Most felt frustrated towards the endings.Main complaints are related to the story,poor portraits of Asian characters and differentiation of established characters compared to pt 1.
Across all mainland China,Hongkong and Taiwan video game forum, regardless political spectrum, the users scores are overwhelmingly negative.The poor written joke I posted became a meme to pass around internet. People are generally upset about it. So race joke is OK when it happens to Asians?
imgur.com

Imgur

Post with 0 votes and 70450 views.
imgur.com

Comments under PlayStation_tw

Post with 1 views. Comments under PlayStation_tw
I am sure some people had already seen infamous clips that some Korean Streamers uninstalled the game and cut down the disc.
This game would be extremely divisive across the fanbase and no everyone would have to love the story of game. Even now you go the r/thelastofus, some die-hard fans even some mod members express their disappointment related to the game's story.

Which poor portraits of Asian characters were in this game? Jesse? really?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Common criticisms I observed on steams are:Jesse's personality are boring and he only serve/died as canon-fodder/cringey ex-boyfriend/the one got ntr. Everyone knows he would die as soon as he shows up as Dina's ex

His English VA was fine, is an entertaining side character among a cast of many and gets quite a lot of screen time. Even being a main character in this game doesn't protect you from being killed unceremoniously.

I don't see what any of that has to do with depictions of Asian characters. You're going to have to be more specific.