• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It just passed that goal. New update and new goals:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 5: Campaign recaps, new stretch goals and new gameplay video! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

After almost 2 weeks of the campaign, the results we achieved are amazing. The Last Faith got funded in only 2 days, and in less than 10 days we achieved 5 stretch goals! What a ride this is! We surpassed the 200% funded milestone as well. Just amazing. A very special thank you for making this...

93d887cb10d76d75fbed8b2fe6f8c0a0_original.png
Sweet!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New update: stretch goals for multiple endings and English voices have been hit.
www.kickstarter.com

Update 6: One week left! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

This is it, the last week of The Last Faith Kickstarter campaign. Lots of cool and unexpected things happened! Lots of goals have been achieved, and now we are heading to the “Dungeon Mode” and the “Co-op Multiplayer online”! We are so thankful to you for the results achieved! THANKS! Also we...

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New update: stretch goals for multiple endings and English voices have been hit.
www.kickstarter.com

Update 6: One week left! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

This is it, the last week of The Last Faith Kickstarter campaign. Lots of cool and unexpected things happened! Lots of goals have been achieved, and now we are heading to the “Dungeon Mode” and the “Co-op Multiplayer online”! We are so thankful to you for the results achieved! THANKS! Also we...
Sweet! Hopefully they can reach the stretch goal of coop.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New update and early co-op gameplay:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 7: Add-ons revealed! and.. video surprise! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

We hope you guys are doing well. As we want to celebrate the different stretch goals achievements and the 3000 backers reach (you are amazing guys!), we finally reveal the add-ons you can include in your current tier pledged (valid only from the “Supporter” tier): How do the add-ons work...

Numbers-wise the goal looks a little too far to hit but we'll see.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New update and early co-op gameplay:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 7: Add-ons revealed! and.. video surprise! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

We hope you guys are doing well. As we want to celebrate the different stretch goals achievements and the 3000 backers reach (you are amazing guys!), we finally reveal the add-ons you can include in your current tier pledged (valid only from the “Supporter” tier): How do the add-ons work...

Numbers-wise the goal looks a little too far to hit but we'll see.

goddamn this looks good

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Less than 2 days to go with "Dungeon mode" goal now unlocked.
www.kickstarter.com

Update 11: Dungeon mode achieved! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

Quick update, we are very happy to announce we reached the Dungeon mode! We never expected to see the campaign going so further, you did an amazing job in supporting us and the project. Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are getting there, the next goal Co-op multiplayer online is getting...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
New update shows off the dialogue setup for the game:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 21: Dev Update · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

Hello guys! A small updated on the development side of things. We are proceeding well, we are working very hard non-stop as always, and we are improving some of the gameplay parts. We are adding more executions, updating environment elements and implementing dialogues. Here is a short overview...

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

Hello guys! A small updated on the development side of things. We are proceeding well, we are working very hard non-stop as always, and we are improving some of the gameplay parts. We are adding more executions, updating environment elements and implementing dialogues. Here is a short overview...

I just want to say I appreciate all your various updates, OTs and posts. You seem genuinely kind, which is extraordinarily rare online. Keep up the good work!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I literally just found out about this game, and I am interested in it. It's definitely one to keep an eye on.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Never heard of this. Looks like it would be up my alley... I'll have to see how it improves at release. Looks like a solid footing, but in need of polish and content - literally ideal for kickstarter.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Dang, this is the first I've heard of this and it looks great! Glad they have a late backer option since I missed the Kickstarter.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
This looks very cool. Dancrane212 , since you've kept up with the game from the start, do we know how this is different from, say, Blasphemous? Are we expecting it to be as brutal? I really wanted to like that game, but it's just a little too tough for me to spend time with it.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This looks very cool. Dancrane212 , since you've kept up with the game from the start, do we know how this is different from, say, Blasphemous? Are we expecting it to be as brutal? I really wanted to like that game, but it's just a little too tough for me to spend time with it.

I can't really speak to Blasphemous since it's still in the backlog (but near the top!) and there isn't much wording on how difficult the devs expect tLF to be unfortunately. All I really noticed was them mentioning an intent to include corpse-run retrieval ala Dark Souls.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Next Steam Games Festival is in June.

Hopefully we'll get a demo, :)

The upcoming demo for Kickstarter backers was restricted to some of the higher tiers, so I'm not sure if they'll be making it public outside of the campaign. Folk should be getting their hands on it soon though.
As the player progresses in the game, encountering and killing enemies will add data to a bestiary where all the stats, weaknesses, and lore are displayed. This will be available in the full game and not in the demo.

We are so excited to release the demo and it is a matter of days for the release date.

Backer demo released
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
138b505f49358f47e3df060b7ae0fa28_original.png

Few notes on the prototype:
  • It is available only on Windows and Mac OS X (through Steam, see below how to redeem the key code)
  • We recommend to use the xbox controller, and we also made the compatibility for the PS4 controller and PC keyboard
  • For gameplay and overall feedback etc refer to the Discord channels (see below for the Discord updates and where to send feedback)
  • This exclusive demo is only available for the backers who pledged the Digital Collector's Pack tier and up during our Kickstarter campaign or the late Pledge Manager

Backer demo is live:
www.kickstarter.com

Update 25: March dev update - Exclusive backers' demo is here! · The Last Faith - A Dark Gothic Metroidvania

Hello Faithers, we hope you are doing well and safe! We are so excited to be announcing that the Exclusive backers' demo is here! You should login back to Pledge Manager and download the key code (see below for the steps) Few notes on the prototype: It is available only on Windows and Mac...

No restrictions on streaming so footage should be going up today from a variety of folk.

Last edited:

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
never heard of this game until now! looks really awesome, and i'm always up for some gothic horror metroidvanias! will definitely keep an eye on this one

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
More Castlevania-inspired Metroidvanias - yesssssssss.

See this is the kinda spritework I dig. Kinda like 32-bit era level Sprites, medieval/gothic settings.

More! GIVE ME MORE LIKE THIS.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit how the hell i missed this? Its basically Bloodborne + Blasphemous.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Will be happy if good,since good metroidvanias are always nice, but those kickstarter goals again look not paced well. (especially online coop is a huge feat that wil cost more then the added kickstarter money)

I mean, good for them. it just again looks like kickstarter feature creep.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
www.kickstarter.com

That music sounds just like the Dark Souls 3 hub!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

This looks amazing, better than expected. Sounds cool too. I think gameplay looks more fluid and less rigid than Blasphemous, which was already nice to play, but this looks so much better.

And this is aiming to release on consoles, too, great! Is there any word publicly about a date they're aiming for? And/or if release will be simultaneous on consoles and pc?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah looking pretty good completely forgot about this game, nice to see it shaping up

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing, better than expected. Sounds cool too. I think gameplay looks more fluid and less rigid than Blasphemous, which was already nice to play, but this looks so much better.

And this is aiming to release on consoles, too, great! Is there any word publicly about a date they're aiming for? And/or if release will be simultaneous on consoles and pc?

Was dated for 2021, but fair to say that it would be easy to see it slip with the current climate. The devs were also planning to simultaneously ship on all platforms but that's still subject to change.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I completely forgot I backed this 😂 Will check that demo tonight