• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
s25mjxv.jpg

darcy_orig2ej71.gif

Hello Drive-In Mutants, your pal Joe Bob Briggs is back with another season of The Last Drive-In streaming on that internet thing! Eighteen years after those brain dead Turner morons cancelled MonsterVision, horror streaming service Shudder put things right by returning our bolo tie wearing savior to his rightful place hosting drive-in classics like Sleepaway Camp, Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl-O-Rama, and Phantasm. Joining him as always is Darcy the Mail Girl, and co-hosting the season two premier is AEW pro wrestling legend "Le Champion" Chris Jericho. Now let's get to those drive-in totals, we have...

totalsbpkvo.png

• John Irving Bloom as Joe Bob Briggs
  • Diana Prince as Darcy the Mail Girl
  • Chris Jericho as Le Champion
  • 10 Episodes!
  • Streaming Live every Friday at 9PM EST
  • Too many dead bodies to count!
  • Double Feature Fu
  • Surprise Guest Fu
  • Bad Joke Fu
  • Sing-A-Long Fu
Joe Bob says, "Check it out on April 24!"

diaocphuwaa_tuoa1kbs.jpg

1556325974072hbjuo.gif

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC

The drive-in will never die! Amen!

I had the pleasure of seeing Joe Bob and Darcy at my local Alamo Drafthouse last year when he was presenting his How Rednecks Saved Hollywood essay and it was absolutely astounding. I hope that he makes it available online at some point, but in the meantime if you have the chance to see him live I cannot recommend it highly enough. And, in the meantime, The Last Drive-In is worth a Shudder subscription by itself. Can't wait for the new season!

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The drive-in will never die! Amen!

I had the pleasure of seeing Joe Bob and Darcy at my local Alamo Drafthouse last year when he was presenting his How Rednecks Saved Hollywood essay and it was absolutely astounding. I hope that he makes it available online at some point, but in the meantime if you have the chance to see him live I cannot recommend it highly enough. And, in the meantime, The Last Drive-In is worth a Shudder subscription by itself. Can't wait for the new season!

I had tickets for that last year but couldn't go, and I've never stopped regretting it. Really hope he goes on tour again when this pandemic shit is all over.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I love Joe Bob's Last Drive In. I didn't even know about it until I used my free month of Shudder last November. I caught his Thanksgiving marathon and loved it. His show is literally the reason I kept my sub. (I now make a point to watch at least one movie per week on Shudder.)

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.fright-rags.com

JOE BOB BRIGGS - Officially Licensed T-Shirts and more!

Super-Soft Cotton Shirts | Professionally Screenprinted | Exclusive Designs | Fast Shipping | Be among the best dressed in the Trailer Park with our officially licensed t-shirts and other accessories based on the horror icon, JOE BOB BRIGGS . What are the Drive-In Totals?

Fright Rags just launched their new Joe Bob Briggs collection, which includes a 3.75" Joe Bob action figure. Coupon SPOOKYDUDES10 for 10% off.

6401ffd9-603a-4dd5-98gk1j.jpeg

Grabbed one of those and that MonsterVision hat, couldn't resist.

Edit: Well that didn't last long at all. The figure and the hats sold out within an hour.

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
PREMIERE IS IN ABOUT 90 MINUTES!

I do believe you can get a 30 day free subscription with the code SHUTIN right now, if anyone is curious.

edit: ^^^ damn, i wish i could've got that action figure for my brother. lol.

Last edited:

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chopping Mall is a sentimental favorite of mine, got the soundtrack etched in my brain. So catchy!

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Chopping Mall is such a trash movie, but it's exactly the kind of trash I want to see with a horror host. Always missed Monster Vision, so I'm Enjoying this.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I can't get a hold on this Lloyd Kaufman guy. I think he just suggested good practice in filmmaking is to trick a women into nudity against their wishes? Uhhh...

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I recognize Darcy The Mail Girl from exactly the place I thought I recognized her from. This looks interesting. Maybe I'll try out Shudder's free trial.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just got a sub to shudder been watching this guy. Man forgot how corny old horror movies where. Guys opinions are out there a lot of the times but gotta say I'm enjoying myself.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
anyone watch the Halloween Hideaway special last night? of the ones I've seen so far this was the best for me, though that is likely because I joined the unofficial Joe Bob Briggs Discord server and had a blast riffing with fellow mutants on there.

Hack-O-Lantern was something else. still don't know what the hell was going on in that movie, it had a bit of a Troll 2 quality. the teenager in me was a little mind blown when Jeanna Fine showed up out of nowhere (and was the best actor in the movie haha).

Last edited:

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Super disappointed with the movie selections last night. I'm guessing AMC, and their money issues, played a big part.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I chose to watch Hello Mary Lou Prom Night 2 from Joe Bob over whatever was being shown last night.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
Are we getting a OT for Season 3. I am very excited for tonight's season premier. I'm not a huge fan of Eli Roth, but even a bad movie doesn't affect my love of watching Joe Bob and Darcy.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, tonight is season 3? Hell, I'm hyped for it. I've been mainly using Shudder as my Giallo machine, but I love the Joe Bob show.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Did any of yall watch the Love Witch for the first time due to the Vday special? Such a cool looking movie.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
It has to be TCM2. I would've guessed "Green Inferno" as well, but they hinted that the movies are ones that inspired Roth as a filmmaker.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
It was boring as hell.

I think it's a fantastic movie and even own the blu-ray but not gonna lie... I bet most The Last Drive-In viewers felt exactly the way you did.

definitely the most "art film" thing I can remember Joe Bob showing. I remember being quite surprised when I found out their pick that night.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
I continue to be impressed by how good the pandemic-era "skype interviews" feel on this show. I don't know if it's the CRT television set that adds a more tactile quality to the conversation or something, but it almost feels like the guests are actually there with Bob.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be impressed by how good the pandemic-era "skype interviews" feel on this show. I don't know if it's the CRT television set that adds a more tactile quality to the conversation or something, but it almost feels like the guests are actually there with Bob.

Agreed. It was so well done I assumed it was pre-recorded. Obviously it's not.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great news, Shudder finally put up every host segment. I've been wanting to see him talk about Wolfguy for a while.