• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I can't be the only one who wanted Hayes to say, Hello there, Children; when he got the kids out of the park.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Nope... TV is flickering again. I'm gonna half to do a factory reset so I'm probably going miss the first half of the next see t.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen Joe Bob tap out of a joke segment before.

Nightbreed is a hell of a way to go out. I attended a horror convention with those responsible for getting the Cabal Cut/Director's Cut restored and released. Tons of great horror knowledge to be had there.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've never seen Joe Bob tap out of a joke segment before.

Nightbreed is a hell of a way to go out. I attended a horror convention with those responsible for getting the Cabal Cut/Director's Cut restored and released. Tons of great horror knowledge to be had there.
It's a fun one. I think it's a little flawed but very enjoyable. I think it's an awesome choice just because I want to see what he says about it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I love Clive Barker. His stuff is so out there and original that studios never know what the fuck to do with it, or try to trim it down that the film becomes nonsensical.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
This is why I love Clive Barker. His stuff is so out there and original that studios never know what the fuck to do with it, or try to trim it down that the film becomes nonsensical.

I'd love to have seen the reaction to the publisher who first read the Books of Blood when Clive was getting started. Like, they had to put the manuscript down at least half a dozen times & just say....what the fuck? And that's from just reading 'The Yattering and Jack' alone.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I would marry David Cronenberg/Philip K. Deckard in a second. He has total 80s hotness going on in this.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if Joe Bob mentioned it yet, but Craig Sheffer said that he was both drunk and high on coke during the filming of this movie so he doesn't remember much of it.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Pretty good season finale. Hellraiser is the only other Clive Barker film I've ever seen, but he definitely has a distinct style. Fun to see Cronenberg in a big acting role.

All in all, I thought this was a really strong season for the Last Drive-In. They lost me a little bit on Week 7 with Butcher Baker / The Baby, but the rest of it was solid. Highlights for me were Housebound, The Monster Club, and Habit.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Season highlight: Probably The Baby. I've seen it a dozen times but I've always craved the behind the scenes info on it, being as fucking weird as it is. Most of what Joe Bob said was new to me.

Lowlight: Probably The Freakmaker. I adore Donald Pleasance but this was not his finest hour. As someone else in here said, they should show Wake in Fright (although I bet Darcy is no fan). TLDI could use more Australian movies. Head of the Family is a runner-up. It's dreadful but it doesn't drag as much. As JBB pointed out those Full Moon movies tend to be merciful in their brevity.

Last edited:

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Well , I only made it part of the way through Nightbreed but I own both versions of the movie so I figured I would nod off at some point. Honestly the best thing about this season has been just chatting with you all about it. It's been fun.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Unfortunately my TV flickering problem never got resolved so I ended up just going to bed.

Which sucks because I absolutely love Nightbreed.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I don't like Nightbreed and almost all of the Clive Barker movies I've seen. Body horror is just not for me. I did really enjoy Uncle Sam though. The kid played creepy well and the plot was bonkers in the best sense.

And that was only the season finale for those not going to the Jamboree. I am very excited for the end of this week although it's gonna be hot as hell in Memphis this weekend. Anyone else gonna be there?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to have a list of the break times for each movie so people can sync up the episodes and watch them on their own.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That's dope, happy for her.
Seriously!

So happy for her. And on a Discord watch a long she got Joe Bob to host "Halloween 3"

Complete with Drive-in totals.

Joe Bob did have one real insight that I think is ture.

"If this was Halloween 2 and Halloween had become the anthology series they intended, Halloween 3 would be a good movie. But since it's Halloween 3 it's just the odd man out and comes across as wierd in the series."

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Saw Halloween Ends last night.

Darcy was awesome in her 10 seconds on screen.

She killed off screen but according to her, her full death will be on the bluray.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Just saw Cassandra Petersen is going to on the Halloween special this Friday. Hype levels are through the roof.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Almost time, Mutant Fam! I'm so excited I don't have to work tonight & can watch live. I've been sweating having a shift tonight for a while. Thankfully I got to in this morning & set-up for Smashing Pumpkins instead of overnight.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'd be happier if my freaking dinner would show up.

The door dasher seems to be just sitting in the restaurant parking lot not picking up my food.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Lots of people guessing Elvira's Haunted Hills on Twitter. I'm pretty sure I've seen it but it's been so long aI don't remember it.