• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Charles Band is literally the Michael Bay of trashy horror. Dude makes movies for teenage boys with little to no coherent thought & just boobs & blood.

They both seem to have the same personality too.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
"The performance & the story are most important "????

Well, what the hell happened with this movie, Charles??

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I'd tell you what you'd miss. But it won't make any sense anyways.

*Two* hilarious sex scenes.
Lmao! Now I feel like I missed a classic!

32 days? Wow!

You missed nothing of import, honestly, this movie's plot would only take up half a cocktail napkin at best.

Also that's a shame about Charles Band, but I can see it too.
32 fricking days. Supply chain something something.

This interview is dragging y'all…

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
This one feels more like it came from a time capsule than what I saw of Head of the Family. A lot of the shots are spotty as hell, but it's cool seeing 90's NY.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
These two flicks are like night and day in that way. There's no cheese here. You can tell this was a labor of love for Fessenden. I'm also enjoying the soundtrack. Glad I'm up for this one.

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
I'm sort of transfixed by HABIT. I was figuring I'd start it and finish it later but I'm still in this right now.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I need to go back and watch this one from you all's reactions. I had to leave after that awful Head of the Family and couldn't stay up to watch Habit.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, same. I'm hoping it's genuinely good & not just; "that last movie was so awful, anything would look great compared to it" kind of good.
I missed the last half, but so far it was pretty interesting, very low budget but earnest, not stupid. Can never tell everyone's taste but I thought it was good enough to keep watching. However my daughter wanted to sleep in my room and the movie was just a bit too much on the sex side for me to keep watching with a nine year old in the same room. Interested to see how it ends.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Habit is genuinely good not just by comparison. It's a bit on the longer side but worth it for the character story. However.

Cw: self harm, alcohol, sexual assault

Oct 25, 2017
I will not be able to make the sold-out July 2nd Joe-Bob's In-door Geek-out Drive-in at the Hollywood Theater in Portland, OR. I'll be giving away one ticket. 12 hour raffle.

Last edited:
1 gift from chainlinkspiral

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from chainlinkspiral chainlinkspiral!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

chainlinkspiral said:
Joe Bob's Indoor Drive In Geek Out
July 2nd 7 PM
Please only enter if you can attend!
I'll pm you images to print out the ticket.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Venue Venue: Joe Bob

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good way to keep up with Joe Bob's tours without signing up for Twitter? If I had known he was holding one in Portland this weekend, then I would've booked a flight there in a heartbeat.