• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Actually doing really good. It will be interesting watching horror movies tonight because my fear of the dentist is so much more than any horror movie I've ever seen.

My dentist today however was very good and treated me with respect, and treated my fear of the situation very well as well.

Also, good on them for shooting inside the trailer set first so that we could not figure out what movie it was going to be based on what was behind him.

If only if was Brian Yuzna night.

TheDentist.jpg

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Actually doing really good. It will be interesting watching horror movies tonight because my fear of the dentist is so much more than any horror movie I've ever seen.

My dentist today however was very good and treated me with respect, and treated my fear of the situation very well as well.

Also, good on them for shooting inside the trailer set first so that we could not figure out what movie it was going to be based on what was behind him.

Good, I'm glad it went ok!

Also, if we are watching another Yuzna film,The Dentist certainly isn't the worst choice.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
The only reason I know anything about Head of the Family was from watching the Famous T & A 2 that Darcy hosted.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The only reason I know anything about Head of the Family was from watching the Famous T & A 2 that Darcy hosted.
It's weird, my friend. Entertaining enough I think but certainly bizarre.

harry the spy A good Joe Bob to start with is probably the Dinners of Death Special. You get a taste of everything. I would recommend the original marathon but so many of the movies are delisted right now. Halloween Hideaway is also great.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Lol.
Both of these movies are some of the last horror movies I watched before I stopped watching horror movies for years.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
He showed Demons in the original marathon right? You sure it wasn't there?

Actually yes I think so…

www.youtube.com

The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs - The Convoluted History of the Demons Series

Joe Bob Briggs walks through the insane history of the DEMONS series, as only Joe Bob can. Watch the marathon in full: http://ow.ly/Hh3E30kYBsZ==============...

Guess I forgot about that. I love that movie.

Not really feeling tonight, unfortunately. I've never been a Charles Band fan and the second movie isn't really interesting to me, either. I'll keep it on in the background. I'm sure sure Charles Band will at least be an interesting interview given his long career.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Love that 3 seconds of black before get to the next scene.

I'd ask if James Nyguen made the film, but it's too competently made.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Late! Finally picked up my car from the shop after 32 days. Feels good to not be in a rental. What I miss other than a hilarious sex scene?

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Charles Band looks great for his age and seems really cool. I wish I liked his work more.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
That was 100% the only scene they bothered to try & write a coherent narrative for. Instead they wrote a MASSIVE exposition dump.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
There is a certain point where Joe Bob goes from admiration, to "Shut up, I've got to do my thing"

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I honestly think this is better as a movie without the interview segments. I'm not too interested in Charles' life, career, etc. The movie is mercifully short otherwise.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
There is a reason I stopped watching indy horror in the 90s

So did I. I'm still not sure how the genius of Indy horror seemingly took the 90s off and didn't revitalize itself until the 2000s thanks mostly to foreign horror. I just couldn't sit through stuff like Gingerdead Man, Jack Frost, and a good portion of the Puppet Master films.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I read that Jacqueline Lovell showed this to her daughter when she was sixteen, and I have to imagine that she did it as punishment for something.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I honestly think this is better as a movie without the interview segments. I'm not too interested in Charles' life, career, etc. The movie is mercifully short otherwise.
He is too into himself.

I'd rather be watching
So did I. I'm still not sure how the genius of Indy horror seemingly took the 90s off and didn't revitalize itself until the 2000s thanks mostly to foreign horror. I just couldn't sit through stuff like Gingerdead Man, Jack Frost, and a good portion of the Puppet Master films.
There was just a point that Japanese horror specifically became much more interesting.

Then we started remaking Japanese horror and taking all the Japanese out of it.

Then Saw happened and I thought her was about to be treated seriously again. Unfortunately it did not