• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Stepfather is super predictable, and now I'll never be able to see it as anything but a gory Lifetime movie. I have never seen the second flick.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
4 boobs, but no mention of the 1 pecker. lol.

Agreed on the description and sharing in the nostalgia for this one. It's a classic, but I was hoping for something out of left field for Father's Day or a little curve ball.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also for those who don't know. Tom Baker is most well known for playing the fourth Doctor on Doctor Who. And is the actor who played the role for the longest amount of time.

He made this movie before being cast

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard someone who had such a distinguished and successful career in Hollywood go all the way down to making cheap grindhouse films. That's an amazing run. And to think that Stallone tried to question the guy who'd been working in cinematography before Stallone was even a thought in his daddy's head.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Shared the same sex worker has to be one of the more interesting reasons an actor was cast that we've heard on the Last Drive-In.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also I want to suggest to my fellow Drive-In Mutants.

Watch Jennifer's Body and Dead and Breakfast.

They both great horror comedies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Also I want to suggest to my fellow Drive-In Mutants.

Watch Jennifer's Body and Dead and Breakfast.

They both great horror comedies.

Jennifer's Body is one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable and underrated horror films ever. I know like many others, I almost passed on it due to how sick I was of Megan Fox at the time. But it's actually really good.

As for Freakmaker, I fell asleep during it. Far too slow for my tastes, and that's the first time that has happened for a Joe Bob showing.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Jennifer's Body is one of the most unexpectedly enjoyable and underrated horror films ever. I know like many others, I almost passed on it due to how sick I was of Megan Fox at the time. But it's actually really good.

As for Freakmaker, I fell asleep during it. Far too slow for my tastes, and that's the first time that has happened for a Joe Bob showing.
Jennifer's Body is an incredible movie (some jokes are very outdated and gross). But it holds a special place in my heart. So glad it got a cult following.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it was the spritzers, but I definitely fell asleep too.

I was obsessed with Amanda Seyfried when Jennifer's Body dropped and it was a fun ride at the time. Been years though and my wife has never seen it. Might have to rectify that this weekend since it's a long one.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I find it ironic that so many of you fell asleep during Freakmaker when this is the first time in a while I actually made it through both movies and wanted more.

Usually I tap out after Joe Bob's first segment of the second movie.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
The Stepfather was pretty solid. Good, creepy acting from Admiral Pressman there. Freakmaker on the other hand was a slog. It just felt like it was all over the place for no reason and there was not nearly enough plant monster payoff.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Funny fact is I've seen The Stepfather so many times that it was a little boring to me but I've only seen Freakmaker twice so it was really fun to watch it again.

And I didn't even know that was Tom Baker is if Doctor Who Fame until last night.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
So the details are out for the movies playing at the Jamboree, in addition to Halloween 3 on Friday with TOM ATKINS!, which was already announced. We have Rock N Roll High School and Bubba Ho Tep on Saturday. I've seen neither of those films and I'm a little bummed they aren't horror films, but I'm always down for whatever Joe Bob throws at you. I can't wait for the 8th!

1.jpeg

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So the details are out for the movies playing at the Jamboree, in addition to Halloween 3 on Friday with TOM ATKINS!, which was already announced. We have Rock N Roll High School and Bubba Ho Tep on Saturday. I've seen neither of those films and I'm a little bummed they aren't horror films, but I'm always down for whatever Joe Bob throws at you. I can't wait for the 8th!

1.jpeg
Hrm I would say Bubba Hotep is a horror comedy at least. It certainly has some horror elements. I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I've actually never been to anything like this before so I'm pretty excited.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Time to guess this week's films.

I believe the consensus on Twitter is that it's going to be Head of the Family and Habit. Never seen Habit so that would be cool. Honestly, I haven't seen much of Fessenden's early stuff. Full Moon Studios stuff is always pretty fun imo. Should be a good night.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was coming in to see what might be on the platter for tonight because God knows we all need a distraction from the world today.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Don't know how much I'll be into tonight's episode. Outside of the Puppet Master films; I really don't like anything Charles Band has ever done. And the few things I've seen Larry Fessenden direct, I wasn't impressed. I'm sure Joe Bob will keep it interesting, but I may just have it on in the background & only pay attention to Joe Bob & Darcy segments.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Don't know how much I'll be into tonight's episode. Outside of the Puppet Master films; I really don't like anything Charles Band has ever done. And the few things I've seen Larry Fessenden direct, I wasn't impressed. I'm sure Joe Bob will keep it interesting, but I may just have it on in the background & only pay attention to Joe Bob & Darcy segments.
I will say that I enjoy Larry Fessenden more as an actor than a director in the few things I've seen. Full Moon stuff is just so weird, I like it but I can see where it's not everyone's cup of tea. I will say even films I really don't like, say Demon Wind for example, were made a LOT better with Joe Bob. But I certainly have tuned out some of the movie segments in episodes.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone remember what he was showing when he gave the rant about the Demons sequels? I know he never actually showed any of the Demons movies (or at least the real ones).

I think it was during a marathon movie or during one of the specials but I can't remember.

Anyway, he should show Demons sometime.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Can anyone remember what he was showing when he gave the rant about the Demons sequels? I know he never actually showed any of the Demons movies (or at least the real ones).

I think it was during a marathon movie or during one of the specials but I can't remember.

Are you talking about Lamberto Bava's Demons? Or is there a different Demons series

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States

He showed Demons in the original marathon right? You sure it wasn't there?

Actually yes I think so…

www.youtube.com

The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs - The Convoluted History of the Demons Series

Joe Bob Briggs walks through the insane history of the DEMONS series, as only Joe Bob can. Watch the marathon in full: http://ow.ly/Hh3E30kYBsZ==============...

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
ahhh no fun. Hopefully not too much pain tonight. :(

Actually doing really good. It will be interesting watching horror movies tonight because my fear of the dentist is so much more than any horror movie I've ever seen.

My dentist today however was very good and treated me with respect, and treated my fear of the situation very well as well.

Also, good on them for shooting inside the trailer set first so that we could not figure out what movie it was going to be based on what was behind him.