• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Have to make even bite marks. That's what makes the difference between some one like Susan Tyrrell and Christopher Walken and other over actors.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's funny, this cop works harder on a case than any cop I've ever met. Pretty sure most of them don't give a fuck if they can't solve it in 2-3 days

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what this movie would've been like keeping the same director from the opening.

Fuck, I forgot how awful the detective was. Unfortunately, I knew quite a few shitty cops like that back in the 80s and 90s.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Also the Forbidden Zone is an interesting... Wouldn't call it a movie exactly. An experimental musical art film maybe?

It also has homophobia, black face, ablism and racism and possible transphobia.

It's worth a watch one for the fact that Susan Tyrrell does an amazing performance in a film that is basically an art project that no one else is taking seriously. And it's also where Richard Elfman passed the torch of the "Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo" to his younger brother Danny.

AND we all know how that played out.

It is worth watching once it only the see Danny Elfman play the devil and do his best Cab Calloway impression. Which he would revise in Nightmare Before Christmas.

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, didn't even know we had a Joe Bob thread here. Awesome!

First time seeing this one, really enjoyed it until the end. I agree with Corman, movie is over when the monster is dead. Although homophobic cop getting his comeuppance is always welcome.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'll have to watch this second one later. Have fun everyone!!! Apparently this is MORE disturbing

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Meh, my son wasn't feeling well and made me sleep in his bedroom(he's 4) so I missed the second one. Will watch later. As always was fun watching with you all.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite parts of TLDI is when Joe Bob genuinely gets Darcy to crack with his jokes. That last one got her good when she got it. Haha.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Wow The Baby was weird movie. Very uncomfortable to watch given how mild it really was with gore.

This week's clue is perfect for The Stepfather but I'm not certain. Again, this one could be lots of movies.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm down for whatever tonight. I go nowhere to be tomorrow & nothing going on tonight. Joe Bob & Darcy have my undivided attention this evening.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I have to attend my child's preschool graduation tonight, so I'll be checking in around halfway through the first movie.

Has Joe Bob done Train to Busan or Hills Have Eyes yet? Because I just got an email from Shudder talking about Joe Bob having 3 shows left in the season, and under Killer Dads they have Train to Busan, The Stepfather, and Hills Have Eyes.

Last edited:

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I have to attend my child's preschool graduation tonight, so I'll be checking in around halfway through the first movie.

Has Joe Bob done Train to Busan or Hills Have Eyes yet? Because I just got an email from Shudder talking about Joe Bob having 3 shows left in the season, and under Killer Dads they have Train to Busan, The Stepfather, and Hills Have Eyes.

I believe he did The Hills Have Eyes for his Dinners of Death special.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Jo

He's done both. I saw Train of Busan for the first time with him. Even Joe-Bob was crying at the end.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I've heard of The Stepfather but I haven't seen it yet. Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever seen Terry O'Quinn in anything besides Lost.

Never heard of Film 2.