• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
You're right this is a bit slow, but it's interesting. The fact that something so well filmed was made by a family is pretty awesome.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
That movie started off pretty nice but it got progressively worse as it went on imho. That ending was extremely anticlimactic.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Guesses for this week? They've already shown a lot of the obvious guesses for this like Society, Mother's Day, Hills Have Eyes, Blood Diner, etc.

I saw Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker get mentioned. It is currently on Shudder too.

If he did TCM 2, I would be over the moon.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, I just realized that Dogtooth is on Shudder. That would definitely be a guess of mine. It's not much in the way of horror, but it is very fucked up.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Butcher Baker would be cool. That cop is so absurdly homophobic that maybe they'd not want to show it? Even if the character is obviously portrayed as being garbage.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
BBNM would be a treat. This season has been mostly homeruns so far (aside from Hellbender), so I'm hoping Dogtooth isn't part of the episode.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got caught up with the season, and the Tenebrae episode might be tied as my favorite episode of the series with Cannibal Holocaust. I died laughing at the cast recreating the crane shot and doing a not-so-bad job at vocalizing the theme song.

Anyway, can't wait to watch with you all tonight

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
UGGGGHHHH, I hate so much I have to work tonight. Only evening shift all month & had to be on a Friday. Hopefully it's a great episode. I'll watch the opening to see what the first movie is, then probably watch the whole thing on Sunday if it's uploaded.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I look forward to tonight. Hate that you are missing it Freddy=Legend

Maybe you can drop in the thread when you catch a break just to see what's playing.

As for me, ill be on but might be playing The Quarry while watching unless it's one I haven't seen.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

Maybe you can drop in the thread when you catch a break just to see what's playing.

As for me, ill be on but might be playing The Quarry while watching unless it's one I haven't seen.

It's like the worst shift ever too. 10pm-2:30am. I'm hoping I can get out earlier than that if the work gets finished & I can catch some of the second movie depending how Joe Bob rants tonight. Haha.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Dang it. I knew there was something I was forgetting to pick up after work.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've got The Quarry coming from Gamefly. Should be a nice follow up to the Evil Dead game I've been playing.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Missing two weeks in a row stinks. Y'all have a good time tonight. Interested to know what y'all think about The Quarry, Violence Jack Cabal.
So far it's really good. Currently playing on Xbox Series X and it has the best visuals by far of any Supermassive game. All the actors are excellent so far.

I have it on PC too but I only tried it out on Steam Deck which is what I bought it for tbh. The performance was quite bad there. If you have a good pc or current gen console, I think you'll like it, if you like the Dark Pictures games. It's very similar in tone and gameplay though, I can tell it's a fair bit longer as the exposition scenes are a pretty slow burn comparatively

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I feel so distracted between the glut of demos I've downloaded on Steam I need to play, The Quarry, and Xbox showcase hype but I'll still make time for some Joe Bob. A great start to the weekend!

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Here for it, let's go! Also, I have an unreal backlog. I've just learned to focus on what I want to play and not slog through things I don't enjoy, I have quit games even at the very end. Choice is good.

Giga Power

Apr 24, 2021
It's going to be a great weekend with Joe Bob and the Xbox event on Sunday. I just hope that I can stay up tonight...I've passed out early the past two weeks. Almost five minutes, let's do this!

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Never heard of Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker but it sure sounds like it fits the bill for tonight's theme. I was thinking either of the first two Texas Chainsaw Massacre films but those might be too obvious, or Society but apparently they already showed that one back in Season 1.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm so glad I'm able to catch the opening. Joe Bob ranting on Shakespeare is not something I knew I needed.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's Night Warning!!!!!!!

Sorry. That's what it was called when I watched it for the first time 38 years ago.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
The Baby was released once upon a time by Severin films. Severin releases the type of sleaze that tickles my fancy. I'm excited to check that one out later.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Caught this movie for the first time last year, really really liked it a lot. The actress lead is so good at playing crazy, gives Piper Laurie in Carrie some serious competition in the psycho mom category.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Bill Paxton? I love just how many crazy low budget horror flicks he was in at the beginning of his career.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
The Baby is one of my favorite WTF films. It will be nice to hear some of the background on it.