• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty much everything I've ever heard about Vincent Price is he was most likely an absolute gem of a person to talk to & be around. I bet he would've loved the horror convention scene had he been able to see them rise in popularity & attend them.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Pretty much everything I've ever heard about Vincent Price is he was most likely an absolute gem of a person to talk to & be around. I bet he would've loved the horror convention scene had he been able to see them rise in popularity & attend them.
He's probably at the top of the list of people I wish I could have met before he died. He seemed like a class act and brought instant charm and charisma to anything he was in, elevating even bad scripts to fun watches. There just aren't a lot of actors like him in my opinion.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

His daughter still goes to conventions with loads of stories to tell about her dad. She's supposed to come to one out here in October, and that's panel I would love to attend.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
It's an acquired taste. Blood and this movie.

This guy is totally just reading his lines off a cue card below camera isn't he? Hahah

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Anytime I see Britt Ekland, That Wicker Man song stays stuck in my head for a while. And I don't mind it one bit.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
He has actually admitted that he was queer to Victoria Price.

He apparently admitted it before she even knew she was a lesbian.
I had no idea. How hard must that have been?

It's sad that he even had to hide it, but being real had he come out at any point in his lifetime he would have been ostracized. That's extremely depressing to me. As someone who wasn't always so knowledgeable about anything that wasn't cisgendered and white, it makes me feel even more ashamed that people are still mistreated for who they love or how they express themselves,etc.

Big virtual hugs/hi fives or whatever from me to anyone that's ever felt like they were less than here because of who they are.

Ok sorry…. back to movie.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Hahaha, I don't know if that's a positive or negative vibe.

I still remember back in film school; I took a class of Kubrick & I got assigned Eyes Wide Shut. Ended up writing a 30 page thesis on that movie. Thankfully, it's an easy movie to drone on & on about.
Yeah. It's still a great movie. But it is one of Stanley Kubrick's that people don't get.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
It's trips me out that this movie came out the same year as Halloween II & Pleasence looks a lot younger than in H2. I always get caught off guard by him out of the Loomis role.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

It's sad that he even had to hide it, but being real had he come out at any point in his lifetime he would have been ostracized. That's extremely depressing to me. As someone who wasn't always so knowledgeable about anything that wasn't cisgendered and white, it makes me feel even more ashamed that people are still mistreated for who they love or how they express themselves,etc.

Big virtual hugs/hi fives or whatever from me to anyone that's ever felt like they were less than here because of who they are.

<33333333333

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Vincent Price is a queer icon to me. I wouldn't even know who I was if it it wasn't for him.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
"Sucker for your love" was a bit too one note for me but I'm really into this musical intermission, way more interesting to listen to.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I now require that any anthology horror films have full musical interludes. It makes the film really fun.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna have to catch the upload of the second movie. Getting tired & got an early morning.

Keep rocking on, Mutant Fam!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Later y'all. I do not like Hellbender at all, so I'm going to call it an early night to recover from a hellacious week.

Until next time fellow mutants!

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this is why I appreciate the drive in so much. I get to check out a film I likely wouldn't have otherwise and also get to learn about the passionate people behind it.