• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Heh. I really like Blood Diner.

I am surprised to learn I'm taller than Joe B. Barton.

And saddened to learn he died in 2010 at the way too young age of 55.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yup!

But none of them are "teenagers partying and being assholes" so them dying isn't just make the audience hate them so they'll be happy when they die.

This dance scene not withstanding.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The song is by Mortician. Who did exist in 1989 but didn't write the song until 1999.

So yeah that credit sequence for the VHS was very different.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I need to find a partner who can rattle off Giallo directors with ease like Darcy is doing right now. That's goals right there.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Strip Nude for your Killer is one I've not seen.

The plot synopsis is crazy!

How have I seen Nightmare City but not that?

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Tenebrae is easily Argento's best film and I'll fight anyone who disagrees with a statue.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Strip Nude for your Killer is one I've not seen.

The plot synopsis is crazy!

How have I seen Nightmare City but not that?

Only reason I've seen Strip Nude for your Killer is because I went through a heavy Edwige Fenech phase. Might still be in it….been a while since I've watched The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh or All the Colors of the Dark.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Picking Argento's best film is like picking Carpenter or Craven's. There's just too many great ones of varying sub-genre's to make a fair declaration.

And holy shit, Goblin's main theme slaps so hard in this. I haven't listened to it in a while.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ok, here is this week's clue

someone guessed The Monster Club and that one makes a lot of sense for the first movie. Second one could be lots of movies.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Please be The Monster Club. PLEASE!! Such an absolute gem of a good time. I adore that movie & would you see what Darcy comes up with for that one.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If it was Monster Club I'd be ecstatic!

Had this thread ever been right?

Besides Cabal's "cheating" of course.

Also as a fun aside this week's watch along with Joe Bob was "Death Becomes Her"

Which a movie they didn't realize Joe Bob had NEVER seen before.

Darcy and the chat was blow away.

He didn't talk much since he does not like to talk over movies he's never seen but he did say "You know this screenplay is good because I have no idea where it's going"

He even asked if it would be a good Last Drive-in movie some day. Then saw it was made by Universal and said "Yeah that's not happening."

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Cheat? Moi? Never…

And actually, I'm not sure I've ever guessed right other than Nosferatu. The hints can be purposely obtuse.

Death Becomes Her is pretty fun. Sad about Universal, they own so many good horror movies

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Cheat? Moi? Never…

And actually, I'm not sure I've ever guessed right other than Nosferatu. The hints can be purposely obtuse.

Death Becomes Her is pretty fun. Sad about Universal, they own so many good horror movies
Yeah apparently they are very hard to get the rights to.

Probably because of the whole megacorp situation. I wouldn't expect any mgm movies for the same reason.

They can already leverage those movies for so much money why give them to Shudder.

Giga Power

Apr 24, 2021
I wonder if it would be able to use the new transfer that Shout Factory worked on. That reminds me, I need to order that disc! Excited and ready to go. This season has been on fire so far.