• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I just saw Nosferatu a year or so ago as part of an Alamo watch party, but sure, I'm down to watch it again. I wonder what score they'll be using (if any).

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Now that Darcy has said it, I can't see Joe Bob as anything but an 18th century pimp in that outfit.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I've wanted him to do original/remake for a long time. Hope this isn't the last time.

Now if we can only get him to do Nosferatu in Venice. I'm sure Joe Bob could rant for days on Kinski's madness with that unofficial sequel.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Oh dang, tonight's show is 5h 40m long. I've never seen Werner Herzog's remake and I'd like to stick around for the whole thing but oh boy is this gonna be a long night.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Cool double feature, will watch next week since I've seen 'em before.

Hopefully the audience is into it and they do more old or silent films in the future.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen Herzog's version but have always heard great things. Looking forward to deep dives on both.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at the quality. It looks like it was just shot in HD and just had a filter thrown over it lol

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I adore this movie. One of the movies I would watch when I was trying to get in the mood to work on Vampire the Masquerade stories.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I haven't sat and watched this since I was in college( a long time ago at this point, I'm afraid). Always liked this one and Caligari.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Back to the movie bitches!

Also I think that's the first time in history mail girl has got to say that. Also I think it's the first time in the Last Drive-In show history that we didn't have a mini Joe Bob rant after those words are said.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Back to the movie bitches!

Also I think that's the first time in history mail girl has got to say that. Also I think it's the first time in the Last Drive-In show history that we didn't have a mini Joe Bob rant after those words are said.

I know the time will inevitably come when Joe Bob will retire at some point, but Diana/Darcy is passionate enough, I think she could host her own show one day. I don't think it would be the same, but I do think it would still be worth watching, she has proven time and again to be a great co host.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I know the time will inevitably come when Joe Bob will retire at some point, but Diana/Darcy is passionate enough, I think she could host her own show one day. I don't think it would be the same, but I do think it would still be worth watching, she has proven time and again to be a great co host.
I'd be down for that. Though keep in mind she herself is 42. She's probably planning on this being her last regular gig as well.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I found it interesting that the score was actually reconstructed as well. It was a great reconstruction. I would love to watch a documentary of this specific reconstruction especially since it does fix the film speed issues as Joe Bob discussed before.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Taking this moment to say that everyone should go out of their way to watch the insanity that is Blood for Dracula

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Alright mutant fam, off to bed I go. Look forward to watching this tomorrow. Will check out Blood for Dracula, I don't think I've watched that one. Near Dark rules though.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Good Night Cabal!

And unpleasent dreams...

Also yes Near Dark is awesome. I also recommend Modern Vampires, Shadow of the Vampire, The Hunger and honestly any Hammer Vampire movie.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Blood for Dracula is a trip.

I'm off to bed also since I have an early day, but good shit as usual.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
From everything I've heard, Warhol showed up on set for only one day, if that. They basically used his name for attention & marketing. Same deal with Flesh for Frankenstein.
Yup. He was basically the money man.

I've seen Flesh for Frankenstein but somehow missed Blood for Dracula.

Paul Morrissey was actually an extremely talented exploitation film maker. And also made the Velvet Underground film so he's cool.

Warhol however was a hack.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't say I "liked" Blood for Dracula...but it's a movie people should probably see/experience.