• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading that the makers of the film wanted 13 year old Jodie to show more skin and do the nude scene before she refused. She was still upset even with her sister as the body double.

I thought the movie was merely alright, but lost steam towards the end. The last scene was a thing of beauty though

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
That was pretty great.

I've been zonking all day and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it through Housebound before I fall asleep, but I'm gonna try.

Naythan

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Really enjoyed the Little Girl Who Live Down the Lane. Like a much less corny and well acted version of Lovely Bones.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I enjoyed Malignant quite a bit even if the premise was goofy. The batshit levels the third act went to alone were worth the watch. Wan keeps winning.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly was not expecting Malignant to win best wide release film. Maybe I need to revisit it.

Seeing Dee Wallace Stone and Joe Dante on stage together brought back such fond memories of The Howling to the point that I might watch it tonight.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that we have to resort to separate award shows for horror since the big wigs feel like the vast majority of horror is beneath them recognizing unless it makes a ton of money. But at least those ignored are getting some sort of recognition.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Between my shitty posting on this forum and gaming/children obligations, I doubt I'll watch the awards this week. Any hidden gems or highlights?
It's a pretty lean show. David Dastmalchian Is a good host if a little stiff. The presenters have been great. Joe Dante, Rachel True, Boulet Bros., nice run of folk. Winners sent in video speeches and it feels like there's a lot of heart behind them, which is very cool and says a lot about the horror community. Joe Bob took home the award for non-fiction. Overall, ain't no rush to catch it, but it's a fun watch. Made me want to rewatch the Fear Street movies!

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's a pretty lean show. David Dastmalchian Is a good host if a little stiff. The presenters have been great. Joe Dante, Rachel True, Boulet Bros., nice run of folk. Winners sent in video speeches and it feels like there's a lot of heart behind them, which is very cool and says a lot about the horror community. Joe Bob took home the award for non-fiction. Overall, ain't no rush to catch it, but it's a fun watch. Made me want to rewatch the Fear Street movies!

Sounds cool, I still need to watch those but I forget about them cause I have Shudder and Arrow when I want to watch a movie.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Popcorn is on Shudder so I think that's a decent guess.. He's already done Basket Case and House of the Devil on TLDI. Nosferatu plus Shadow of the Vampire would be a really interesting episode but I'm never right. Someone on Twitter mention Creepshow's anniversary is this year which would be awesome.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Curse of Frankenstein's anniversary is May 20. Work makes me real specific about dates, so I'm sticking with that guess. Popcorn is a good guess too. The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014) feels like a tribute rather than a remake. Would love to see that one even though I know that won't be it. (I'll prolly just rewatch it this weekend.)

Cabal those fear street movies are worth the time imo.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Curse of Frankenstein's anniversary is May 20. Work makes me real specific about dates, so I'm sticking with that guess. Popcorn is a good guess too. The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014) feels like a tribute rather than a remake. Would love to see that one even though I know that won't be it. (I'll prolly just rewatch it this weekend.)

Cabal those fear street movies are worth the time imo.
Thanks, I'll check em out.The Town That Dreaded Sundown would be a great choice.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Popcorn is on Shudder so I think that's a decent guess.. He's already done Basket Case and House of the Devil on TLDI. Nosferatu plus Shadow of the Vampire would be a really interesting episode but I'm never right. Someone on Twitter mention Creepshow's anniversary is this year which would be awesome.

Oh that's right. I think it's Creepshow 2s anniversary this year.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Fade to Black is fun and would fit the tribute hint and I think is on Shudder currently.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I watched some of Popcorn the other day, wasn't the most invested but it seemed fun enough. Anywho, get hype:

Better than the Texas Chainsaw episode? Color me intrigued.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbing my earbuds now so I can watch on my laptop while my wife and son finish watching a kids movie.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
1069446b322ba6df7823467ecb354239.gif

Almost time