• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Pontypool is very good. I would be interested to hear his explanation/thoughts on the plot in general.

I think REC is out because the movie isn't in English which was one of the hints. A lot of guesses on twitter were Masque of the Red Death and Shivers.

Not sure he would be doing another Corman flick this soon but Red Death is one of my favorite. Shivers would be awesome too but isn't that a bigger city? It's been awhile since I've seen it.
Yeah, it's in a bigger city, which is what gave me pause. Fun flick though!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of God I hope they don't show The Sadness or I will not be watching that part of the Drive In. I wonder if they would show Romero's version of The Crazies?

I'm also going to talk to my wife when she gets home tomorrow about splurging to go to the Drive In show in Memphis. She owes me after leaving our toddler with me alone all week long.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I really, really want to go especially for Halloween 3, but plane tickets from NY to Memphis are pretty steep unfortunately :(

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is the city in Demons 2 too big?
It's been some time since I've seen it, but I would love a Joe Bob on this one. Demons was a highlight of the OG marathon.

For the love of God I hope they don't show The Sadness or I will not be watching that part of the Drive In. I wonder if they would show Romero's version of The Crazies?

I'm also going to talk to my wife when she gets home tomorrow about splurging to go to the Drive In show in Memphis. She owes me after leaving our toddler with me alone all week long.
I'll be there, can't wait. Also, I haven't watched The Sadness yet, can you elaborate? You can spoiler tag if you want, I'm not sensitive.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just tweeted it at Darcy and she gave it a like…

oooh.gif

I'll be there, can't wait. Also, I haven't watched The Sadness yet, can you elaborate? You can spoiler tag if you want, I'm not sensitive.

The first twenty or so minutes make it seem like a normal, gory, zombie/outbreak film. But the next part takes place on a train and that's when things got to be a little too much for me.
It comes out that the infected are sexually sadistic in that rape, sodomy, genital torture, infant murder, and a scene where an infected man rapes a woman through her eye socket (which is thankfully shown off screen).

It was like if a Troma film took itself seriously. I probably would've loved it as a 16 year old, but I'm not a fan of that kind of shit anymore.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
oooh.gif

The first twenty or so minutes make it seem like a normal, gory, zombie/outbreak film. But the next part takes place on a train and that's when things got to be a little too much for me.
It comes out that the infected are sexually sadistic in that rape, sodomy, genital torture, infant murder, and a scene where an infected man rapes a woman through her eye socket (which is thankfully shown off screen).

It was like if a Troma film took itself seriously. I probably would've loved it as a 16 year old, but I'm not a fan of that kind of shit anymore.

Christ what a description! I mean, I can and have watched whatever but that sounds like edgelord material. When I was younger I would watch all the real death videos and shit like that, but as I've gotten older I realized that that stuff just isn't entertaining, it's heartbreaking to see stuff that's too real or goes in transgressive directions without cause. Like I don't want to see realistic child death, rape, etc. I'm here to escape not be fuckin bummed out lol.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Gotta admit. I've never heard of either of these 2 films.

And yeah, Shudder....get those damn Friday film rights.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Joe Bob about to set the record for saying the word 'thirteen' the most on television in a 10 minute span

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
I've always heard of this film but never sat down and actually watched it. It has been very enjoyable so far

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Killing animals, beating up crippled teenagers, and forcing himself upon a 13 year old girl.

I hope he's getting a very nasty death.

Also, wouldn't the smell of a rotting corpse start to settle in by now? EDIT - I guess that answers that.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
All these people on Twitter talking about Gordon, I hope they didn't watch Joe Bob's Cannibal Holocaust episode.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Don't worry everyone that was not Jodie Foster. It was her 21 year old sister as a body double.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Don't worry everyone that was not Jodie Foster. It was her 21 year old sister as a body double.

Yeah, I mean it's still a little weird because it could have been excised without an issue. Instead we got implied 13 year old female nudity, which honestly is a bit on the sleazy side for how well this movie is put together and acted.

I'm reading that Jodie Foster was angry about the scene being in the film. Inclined to agree in this case.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That is true but part of the point is to show how Matter-of-fact she is about everything.

It wouldn't really hurt to get rid of it though.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That is true but part of the point is to show how Matter-of-fact she is about everything.

It wouldn't really hurt to get rid of it though.
Eh, I see Joe Bob's and your point just think the actual showing of the nudity could have been cut without impact. Either way, still really like this one. It's an interesting watch for sure.