• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I mean you are a Drive-In Mutant.

You could probably watch Birdemic 2 and have fun.
That's fair. I have seen some pretty rough ones in my day, Splatter Farm comes to mind. Anyway, Black Sunday is certainly an important film, but not my favorite either. It's a little slow, but I can appreciate any movie that doesnt have a Hallmark logo.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. I have seen some pretty rough ones in my day, Splatter Farm comes to mind. Anyway, Black Sunday is certainly an important film, but not my favorite either. It's a little slow, but I can appreciate any movie that doesnt have a Hallmark logo.

You don't know bad until you've seen Deep Murder or Fatal Exam.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I always love how Argento seems to have animosity with every other popular Italian horror director.

I got to have a brief talk with him at Texas Frightmare Weekend a few years ago, and a lot of those Italian directors were very competitive against each other, but friendly like Joe Bob said.

And this movie they're advertising. Saw The Sadness at a film festival out here in Colorado, and it's beyond fucked up. Not in a good way either.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've watched one horror movie (on Shudder) per week since 2020. I know bad movies well.

My movie list is documented. I'll probably make a thread about it at the end of this year.

Edit: tonight's movie doesn't count. I'll be watching Rocktober Blood on Sunday.
I wasn't judging. Or Gatekeeping.

Not every movie is going to be everyone's favorite. I understand your dislike. It's a VERY slow movie even I feel it's length with Joe Bob's interruptions.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Il Demonio! I love this movie. Daliah Levi is both beautiful & incredible in it.

I got to have a brief talk with him at Texas Frightmare Weekend a few years ago, and a lot of those Italian directors were very competitive against each other, but friendly like Joe Bob said.

And this movie they're advertising. Saw The Sadness at a film festival out here in Colorado, and it's beyond fucked up. Not in a good way either.

It definitely seemed that way. I'd love the chance to just shake Dario's hand & thank him for everything he's given us.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Serbian Film.

Also... I thought I was the only person who had seen Splatter Farm.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've watched one horror movie (on Shudder) per week since 2020. I know bad movies well.

My movie list is documented. I'll probably make a thread about it at the end of this year.

Edit: tonight's movie doesn't count. I'll be watching Rocktober Blood on Sunday.

What a lightweight. During most of 2020 and 2021 I was watching a minimum of 15 new (to me) low and no budget horror movies every week.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Now I need Joe Bob to host A Serbian Film & the uncut version of Murder-Set-Pieces to listen to him just say "What the Fuck" for the entirety of every cutaway the whole night.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! I haven't seen Def By Temptation since I was a kid. Also one of the first appearances by Samuel L Jackson

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
What a lightweight. During most of 2020 and 2021 I was watching a minimum of 15 new (to me) low and no budget horror movies every week.

It's from a Shudder Club a friend and I started pre-pandemic, in January 202. We each take turns picking one movie neither of us have seen, and then discuss.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I wasn't contributing to that, if so I'm sorry. I hate when people do that stuff and honestly, the only reason I've seen a bunch of these movies is that I'm old. Anyway, again I'm sorry if anything came off as one upping.

Thanks. I don't think it was intentional. It wasn't just this discussion. There's another thing going on around here that's making this thread feel exclusive.

But it's probably just me being too sensitive. So I'll leave for a while.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thanks. Unfortunately this thread feels a bit like that now.
That's honestly the problem being a mutant.

I love Black Sunday. But I get why people don't like it.

I also get why people hate the Friday the 13th and Nightmare of Elm Street remakes... But I actually like them.

I legit love all of Saw and hate every follow-up movie to Scream.

And think Funny Games is a horrible movie.

I'd rather watch Birdemic 1 & 2 before ever watching a single Paranormal Activity or Conjuring movie.

And The Blair Witch Project was better than Malignant

We all have our tastes. And we are all mutants in this thread. And all us mutants have different tastes.

If you ever feel you can't express yourself in this thread let me know!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If Sam Jackson can go from a Troma film to having the highest grossing movies at the box office, anything is possible.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's honestly the problem being a mutant.

I love Black Sunday. But I get why people don't like it.

I also get why people hate the Friday the 13th and Nightmare of Elm Street remakes... But I actually like them.

I legit love all of Saw and hate every follow-up movie to Scream.

And think Funny Games is a horrible movie.

I'd rather watch Birdemic 1 & 2 before ever watching a single Paranormal Activity or Conjuring movie.

And The Blair Witch Project was better than Malignant

We all have our tastes. And we are all mutants in this thread. And all us mutants have different tastes.

If you ever feel you can't express yourself in this thread let me know!

A horror movie having high scores in the last decade almost guarantees that I won't like it at all. There are rare exceptions, like Get Out.
I usually find at least some enjoyment in low-budget stuff where they tried to make a good movie, even if they failed hard.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Welp early morning tomorrow. Look forward to watching the rest of this zany episode later. Good night to you all friends!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I gotta get up early with my son so I'm gonna have to catch the rest of Joe Bob slowly killing his liver and consciousness. Night fellow mutants!

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Watched the rest of the episode this morning. Really fun! I liked Def By Temptation, cool choice and likely something I wouldn't have discovered on my own.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Shivers would be cool, but it's not a small town. Dead & Buried feels like a possibility, but it's American. It's going to be something like Cannibal Apocalypse.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Shivers would be cool, but it's not a small town. Dead & Buried feels like a possibility, but it's American. It's going to be something like Cannibal Apocalypse.
Dead and Buried was on before, I'm pretty sure. Would love to see something like Dagon, but that probably wishful thinking. The Void was filmed in Canada…maybe that?

Last edited:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
The Void would be cool. I wouldn't mind Pontypool either, but I think it's a little too slow for the drive-in. [REC]?

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
OK so I've never, ever seen a single episode of Joe's show but as a horror fan I'm of course aware of him.

Is it like a MST3K sort of thing? Does he do commentary over fun horror flicks?

I'm tempted to get into the Drive-In.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
OK so I've never, ever seen a single episode of Joe's show but as a horror fan I'm of course aware of him.

Is it like a MST3K sort of thing? Does he do commentary over fun horror flicks?

I'm tempted to get into the Drive-In.

He's more a historian type. Of course he cracks jokes about the movie, but you get a deeper history lesson on things as you watch. He doesn't talk over the movie, rather, he does segments during "commercial breaks." He stops the movie & talks a little about what we just watched. Sometimes he has special guests who join in the conversation or often Darcy, the Mail Girl will join in.

It's a little more like Elvira's Movie Macabre where she breaks in during the breaks. But where she would sometimes pop up on screen during the movie, Joe Bob pretty much stays to the breaks when he comments. He covers a wide range of horror films, from great to trashy & everything in between...except Halloween 3.

As Joe Bob would say, check it out. You might have some fun with it & you'll definitely learn something about the genre. Plus, you'll have some laughs along the way.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
He's more a historian type. Of course he cracks jokes about the movie, but you get a deeper history lesson on things as you watch. He doesn't talk over the movie, rather, he does segments during "commercial breaks." He stops the movie & talks a little about what we just watched. Sometimes he has special guests who join in the conversation or often Darcy, the Mail Girl will join in.

It's a little more like Elvira's Movie Macabre where she breaks in during the breaks. But where she would sometimes pop up on screen during the movie, Joe Bob pretty much stays to the breaks when he comments. He covers a wide range of horror films, from great to trashy & everything in between...except Halloween 3.

As Joe Bob would say, check it out. You might have some fun with it & you'll definitely learn something about the genre. Plus, you'll have some laughs along the way.

This sounds great, I absolutely will!

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I've been hearing good things about Pontypool for years and still haven't gotten around to watching it yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Pontypool is very good. I would be interested to hear his explanation/thoughts on the plot in general.

I think REC is out because the movie isn't in English which was one of the hints. A lot of guesses on twitter were Masque of the Red Death and Shivers.

Not sure he would be doing another Corman flick this soon but Red Death is one of my favorite. Shivers would be awesome too but isn't that a bigger city? It's been awhile since I've seen it.