• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Legit surprised they managed 3 solid movies in a row. Maybe it's a good sign for the season.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I see Black Sunday I'm reminded that Barbara Steele is one of the few from Bava's early films is still alive and almost 90.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Congrats to all of the winners of the custom title contest! Loved reading your entries. The winners are Ninhead Violence Jack Freddy=Legend Cabal Tedesco!

giphy.gif

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ok. Was able to check out what the second movie is. Never in a million years would have thought about this one. I've heard of it, never seen it.

Def By Temptation

Yes, that's actually the movie, no I'm not trolling.

Edit: To be fair, I'm excited after reading about it, I had no idea it was a horror movie?

Last edited:

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Where did you hear that?
It's simpler than that. The iOS app has a way to fast forward pause and rewind live channel content when you use PiP mode. Just fast forward enough to see what movie they watch once it starts…

Used in conjunction with the roku app on TV, I can usually watch the live show on Saturday too. Just hit pause and go to bed, next day its in your continue watching section

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It's simpler than that. The iOS app has a way to fast forward pause and rewind live channel content when you use PiP mode. Just fast forward enough to see what movie they watch once it starts…

Used in conjunction with the roku app on TV, I can usually watch the live show on Saturday too. Just hit pause and go to bed, next day its in your continue watching section
WITCHCRAFT

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's kinda crazy some of these got released in the first place. Well, I guess most of them didn't, at least for several years, if The Last Drive In has taught us anything.
It's just crazy to me that Italian Horror movies were basically made just for American audiences for a long time.

And how much would still get cut out.

Especially when you think of today where stuff only gets cut for pacing, not content.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
One of the craziest things I remember about a Bava film was what they did to Lisa and the Devil. Although it was a fine movie on its own, the makers of the film had a hard time getting it picked up for distribution. So since it came out the same year as The Exorcist, the producer decided to hack the original movie up, film new scenes full of nudity as well as more violence, and change the story to have it be about a woman possessed by the devil instead of the original film being a ghost story.

I think all of the stories and things that had to be cut for American audiences is why I became such a huge Italian horror film. Everything from the tone, violence, and stories were just so different from American horror.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
One of the craziest things I remember about a Bava film was what they did to Lisa and the Devil. Although it was a fine movie on its own, the makers of the film had a hard time getting it picked up for distribution. So since it came out the same year as The Exorcist, the producer decided to hack the original movie up, film new scenes full of nudity as well as more violence, and change the story to have it be about a woman possessed by the devil instead of the original film being a ghost story.

I think all of the stories and things that had to be cut for American audiences is why I became such a huge Italian horror film. Everything from the tone, violence, and stories were just so different from American horror.

At least there are people out there who care enough about film preservation to restore these films and keep them safe from destruction so they can be studied and enjoyed many years later. The thing about Joe Bob is that while he jokes around and the entire persona is built around sort of a 'redneck everyman,' every week he proves how well studied he actually is in these episodes. I learn so much watching this show.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you are a Drive-In Mutant.

You could probably watch Birdemic 2 and have fun.

I've watched one horror movie (on Shudder) per week since 2020. I know bad movies well.

My movie list is documented. I'll probably make a thread about it at the end of this year.

Edit: tonight's movie doesn't count. I'll be watching Rocktober Blood on Sunday.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I always love how Argento seems to have animosity with every other popular Italian horror director.