• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Here is the truth. I've been watching Joe Bob since he was doing Monstervision on TNT.

And even before then, I was at Drive-In mutant. I was always going to my video store and watching every single movie that I could get ahold of.

I have even watch Pieces before. My movie store even had shot-on-shideo films.

And they were always bad, yet me and my friends kept renting them.

So I agree with Joe Bob, in that anyone to be able to make a movie.

And some people are better at making movies than others.

In the end it does not matter, because the drive-in will never die.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I hate that I missed it but I needed sleep and I've seen Frankenhooker before. That said I paused it so I could watch it today.

In case you aren't sure how to do this, if you have the iPad app just hit the PiP button at the top right. You can pause a live broadcast and resume it from your Continue Watching section. I've used this to skip entire movies during the live broadcast before just to see what was coming up.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's been 100 movies already. I wish Shudder would post all of the previous ones for this occasion.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween 3 is the second best film in teh franchise and deserves the last drive in treatment! It probably won't happen

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Bob is probably like "if you put Halloween 3 on here, I'm quitting".

That's how much that man hates the movie.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh and as a nice little treat I am actually on Joe Bob's patreon and this is the kind of content we get almost daily.

vimeo.com

Saturday the 14th & Child's Play 3

This is "Saturday the 14th & Child's Play 3" by The Lost Drive-In on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Jul 15, 2020
Halloween 3 should only be showed in the series finale and use it as a gag as to why he is "quitting" the show. Besides that I am a little salty about the jamboree being moved this year.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So I just went on Shudder, and they really loaded up for April. And it includes Halloween III.

Evil Dead 1 and 2
Hills Have Eyes
Halloween 3
Candyman
Session 9
Near Dark
Trick r Treat
The Fog
The Devils

There's a ton for good ones for Joe Bob to choose from.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
The Devils seems to drift on and off every couple of months, never sticking around so long. People should check it out.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
It always bums me out that no one will ever add "Night of the Creeps" for streaming- it would be a SLAM DUNK on Shudder, and an easy way for Darcy to get Atkins on the show.

Also, it's a lot more fun of a film than some of the recent selections.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It always bums me out that no one will ever add "Night of the Creeps" for streaming- it would be a SLAM DUNK on Shudder, and an easy way for Darcy to get Atkins on the show.

Also, it's a lot more fun of a film than some of the recent selections.

Why wouldn't they? If I remember correctly, I've seen it on a streaming service over the past few years. Might've been Tubi. But yeah, I would love a Last Drive In on Night of the Creeps. And I'm sure Atkins wouldn't mind Darcy being all over him if he were to show up.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Why wouldn't they? If I remember correctly, I've seen it on a streaming service over the past few years. Might've been Tubi. But yeah, I would love a Last Drive In on Night of the Creeps. And I'm sure Atkins wouldn't mind Darcy being all over him if he were to show up.
It was on Prime maybe 5 years ago, and has just been nowhere since- I can't help but wonder if there's rights issues with it, like the ones that kept it from being on DVD/BluRay forever.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I literally can't wait. I feel like last season was the worst in terms of movies selected. With the movies that have been added to Shudder recently, I hope we get some good ones this season. Even if they won't give us Halloween 3.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
Could be a swerve and they show it this season. I know they've said it's a rights issue but I'd bet they'd save it for their Halloween special if they still have the rights.

Give me a Halloween special with Halloween 3 and Night of the Creeps with special guest Tom Atkins and I will subscribe to Shudder forever.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The Devils seems to drift on and off every couple of months, never sticking around so long. People should check it out.

I finally got around to watching this based on your recommendation. Wow, what an amazing movie. I was also shocked at how relevant it was.

Using lies, the bad guys riled up the people to stage a coup. After he won, he destroyed them all.

Also, the execution scene was chilling.

I think this will be my favorite Shudder movie of 2022.

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
I thought Darcy already confirmed that they were not going to show Halloween III. So I'd watch it asap before it's gone

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I do wish they'd show something with Tom Atkins and have him on while he's still with us. I like the idea of something like The Fog/Night of the Creeps for an episode.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Friendly reminder that we're back tonight. Won't be able to catch the whole thing live; but excited