• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Well, it wasn't terrible....wasn't even the worst thing I've seen on The Last Drive In. But I'm glad it's over.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is why I didn't like the ending. The opening scene costumes were great. In the final scene we get a band of Godzilla JRs.
I don't know, can't put my finger on it but something about Burt Reynolds dressed like Marty McFly trying to burn a bunch of high school kids alive while boxing with a Primal Rage reject really resonated with me. Fun movie

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yesssss!!!!! What is this fever dream!!! I double checked to make sure I hadn't drank so much that I was hallucinating.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly amazing what this genre & the community around it can do for people. And how misunderstood it can be by people on the outside of it.

Most definitely. Horror is probably the least toxic and most welcoming fandom out there, but you still have those who act like we're withdrawn Satan worshipping violent psychopaths out to kill everyone we meet. And that's only partially true.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Most definitely. Horror is probably the least toxic and most welcoming fandom out there, but you still have those who act like we're Satan worshipping violent psychopaths out to kill everyone we meet. And that's only partially true.
While that is true, it still has its toxic elements.

It's just those toxic elements get shouted down a lot faster.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
This potpourri rant is one of JBB's best especially because of Darcy's patronizing tone to her responses. I'm dying.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll should check out Deathgasm if you want more satanic rocker flavor, great horror comedy from New Zealand. Joe Bob screened it during the first season but not sure if its still available on the Joe Bob episode.

edit: It is indeed! First movie of week 3: https://www.shudder.com/series/watch/the-last-drive-in-with-joe-bob-briggs/d7e1edc651c7f9b7?season=1

Of all the places I saw that it was on a flight and the person next to me was pretty mortified.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I love it when he yells at clouds.

Especially since Darcy has such a strong power dynamic with him and basically perfectly goes:

alright-jennifer-lawrence.gif

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Frankenhooker is a fun one. Great movie pairing tonight with this and Black Roses.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I actually love the electrical circuit map being drawn over the musculature art. There is a lot of accurate symbols and mapping in that.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...is this main character the pain in the ass in Street Trash?

Edit: yup. He is. I looked it up. He's the doorman that said the immortal line "Danny the douche."

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Best part is written on the door is "Paranoid Pricks Place"

If you guys are so paranoid, hold the damn door closed!

And yes it was Morton Downey Jr reference.

Joe Bob is right in suggesting that not many would get the reference. I remember Morton Downey Jr mainly for his episode of Tales from the Crypt, which was fantastic.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Joe Bob is right in suggesting that not many would get the reference. I remember Morton Downey Jr mainly for his episode of Tales from the Crypt, which was fantastic.
I grew up in New York in that era so I knew him well. And I find it funny that a person who used to rip on liberals in the 80s was supplanted by Arsenio Hall and only had sex lines as advertisers when he was canceled.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Haha. I'm howling at Frankenhooker's performance. That face she makes is hilarious.

Edit: is this guy the precursor of Frank Reynolds? Lol

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That movie was amazing. What an ending. Jeffery got his comeuppance.

Should have been the first movie of the night. It was that good.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad Joe Bob brought up Re-Animator because the ending of this feels like the low rent version, I mean that in a good way, of Bride of Re-Animator.

Also, god damn, Darcy.

Giga Power

Apr 24, 2021
I had no idea this was the same director that had made Basket Case until tonight! No idea how I've missed that all of these years.

So glad they were back tonight. Can't wait until the new season.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Until next time my fellows!

Feel free to share any previous Joe Bob, or Darcy the mail girl moments.