• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Black Roses best scene is the opening scene. After that it's a slow and steady decline in quality.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Frankenhooker is ridiculous. I believe JBB's friends with the director, Frank Henenlotter. I wonder if he'll have him on.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand nothing as good as that opening ever happens again.

Edit: I'm still happy we have Joe Bob segments to look forward to.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Black Roses high points are pretty much the low-budget effects. I also think that the lead character is almost 40 playing a high schooler.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The Boulet's seem like they were heavily influenced by John Waters and Divine.

LOL

That looks like the puppet they used in Demons 2.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
lol It's true. My friend picked Black Roses and I was excited to watch because I thought it was Trick r Treat. Which I still haven't seen.

Edit: this happened in 2021. lol.
I had almost that exact experience when I was 13 years old in 1993.

Went to rent Ghoulies, it was out. The wanted Maniac Cop, it was out. So I settled on Black Roses.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Been enjoying the film so far. First time seeing this one. Creepy teacher guy feels like the true villain.

Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is one of my favorites

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
That guy's mom was the same age as him. I can't tell what age anyone is supposed to be lol.

Oh god, where is this card game going?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I didn't like the ending. The opening scene costumes were great. In the final scene we get a band of Godzilla JRs.