• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That is probably one of if not the best zombie movie I've ever seen. And I've seen alot.

The Zombies are a threat but it's the human drama that pushes the story. The political commentary was subtle but biting (pun intended)

And some concepts are just universal to the human condition and this movie explored them beautifuly.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Turned on Shudder on a whim just as this was starting. Been a few years since I last saw Train to Busan. God damn, this movie still holds up as a modern masterpiece. Not just a great horror film, but one that transcends the genre.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I remember seeing this when I was 10 or 11. It's a good pallet cleanser for the last movie. But I hate that it's the last movie of this season.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
There is something beautiful about a god awful B horror flick saving an American landmark from being lost to time. hahaha

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Cheddar Goblin gettin work :P

Never seen Spookies before, this is the sort of dumb obscure shit I live to discover on Joe Bob.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Joe Bob referenced USA Up All Night. My dive into horror and cult films as a kid to an adult.

Fun Fact Rhonda Shear now owns a clothing store in Tampa Bay.

rhondashear.com

Rhonda Shear | About Us

Rhonda Shear is a lingerie store offering seamless bras, seamless panties, shapewear, sexy lingerie, cozy loungewear, and more in beautiful designs. Browse through our collection of sexy yet comfortable lingerie today!

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense there's more. (I thought this was the finale too.) Joe Bob has teased having Rob Zombie and Tom Atkins on in the near future.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense there's more. (I thought this was the finale too.) Joe Bob has teased having Rob Zombie and Tom Akins on in the near future.

I really hope they do Night of the Creeps or Halloween 3 with an Atkins appearance. Though I'm pretty sure Joe Bob isn't a huge fan of Halloween 3, not like that's stopped them before for certain picks lol.

I'm conflicted on Zombie's work in general, I think they're stupid fun but nothing special. That said House of 1,000 Corpses is still creepy af, mostly thanks to Bill Moseley's performance. Seriously underrated actor.

Also anyone watch any of the Eli Roth History of Horror series on Shudder? Pretty solid rundown of the classics. The zombie one is fantastic, some great interviews and insight into the Romero stuff.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I really hope they do Night of the Creeps or Halloween 3 with an Atkins appearance. Though I'm pretty sure Joe Bob isn't a huge fan of Halloween 3, not like that's stopped them before for certain picks lol.

That's putting it mildly- he fucking hates it. I'd love to see a Devil's Rejects/Texas Chainsaw 2 doubleshot. They'd need Bill Moseley for that though. What a great pairing that would be.

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.patreon.com

The Lost Drive-In is creating Drive-In History...Restoring the Lost Footage of Joe Bob Briggs | Patreon

Become a patron of The Lost Drive-In today: Get access to exclusive content and experiences on the world’s largest membership platform for artists and creators.

Heads up, for the next month if you contribute $35 to Darcy's patreon, you will get a Lost Drive-In Blu-Ray with remastered segments from MonsterVision and more. They were trying to get these a retail release as a box set, but couldn't find a distributor.

1c34f70a-1fe7-4a41-9dljn2.jpeg

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
www.patreon.com

The Lost Drive-In is creating Drive-In History...Restoring the Lost Footage of Joe Bob Briggs | Patreon

Become a patron of The Lost Drive-In today: Get access to exclusive content and experiences on the world’s largest membership platform for artists and creators.

Heads up, for the next month if you contribute $35 to Darcy's patreon, you will get a Lost Drive-In Blu-Ray with remastered segments from MonsterVision and more. They were trying to get these a retail release as a box set, but couldn't find a distributor.

1c34f70a-1fe7-4a41-9dljn2.jpeg

Do you know what segments/movies talked about are on it?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That's putting it mildly- he fucking hates it. I'd love to see a Devil's Rejects/Texas Chainsaw 2 doubleshot. They'd need Bill Moseley for that though. What a great pairing that would be.

That would be amazing.

People can say what they want about Zombie, but I'll stand by it, The Devil's Rejects is an all time great. At this point I think it was a happy accident. Zombie has never come close to that movie since. (Although I think 31 is okay, and the performance by the main villian is fantastic.)

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Richard Brake is indeed great, hope he blows up at some point. Loved his role/performance in Mandalorian.

I did enjoy Rejects, it's been a minute since I've seen it though. I was not as amused by 3 From Hell :P

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Richard Brake is indeed great, hope he blows up at some point. Loved his role/performance in Mandalorian.

I did enjoy Rejects, it's been a minute since I've seen it though. I was not as amused by 3 From Hell :P

I hated 3 From Hell.

But yeah, I recommend 31 just because of Richard Brake. His performance is must see.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I hated 3 From Hell.

But yeah, I recommend 31 just because of Richard Brake. His performance is must see.

Yeah I saw 31 and it was worth it for him alone. Bonus points for the Malcolm McDowell powdered wig getup :P

Rob Zombie films are a sort of guilty pleasure for me. I unironically enjoy Lords of Salem despite the cheesiness. I'm a sucker for the whole black metal/pseudo Rosemary's Baby aesthetic. Also kind of reminds me of The Sentinel if you've seen that.

One thing I'll give props to Zombie for is he has a pretty decent group of recurring actors, and has a knack for bringing back certain talent from the days of yore in a similar way that Tarantino does. Meg Foster (They Live) is great. Also dig Ken Foree (og Dawn of the Dead).

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Finally watched the Next of Kin episode. The movie itself was fine overall, but damn they went for it with some of those shots.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I cannot imagine what they are going to play tonight. The clues do little to narrow it down, although Darcy did say both were 80s movies.